Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Sorry my friend, but I don't share your enthusiasm for Beasley. The simple fact is that he was the second overall pick just two years ago and the team that knows him best would rather have 4-5M in cap space than keep him. That sends up red flags for me.

Your point about the option isn't quite right. If the Spurs acquire Beasley, the decision on his 4th year option must be taken by Oct 31, 2010. They would only have training camp and the preseason to decide whether to pick up a 6.2M guarantee for 2011-12.
    If you get Beasley, which I'm not advocating, you absolutely do NOT pick up that option no matter what. That year will be under the hard cap, and no one will have any money to spend. 2011 will be the anti-2010. You'll honestly be able to get Beasley for a fraction of that price whenever the work stoppage ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get Beasley, which I'm not advocating, you absolutely do NOT pick up that option no matter what. That year will be under the hard cap, and no one will have any money to spend. 2011 will be the anti-2010. You'll honestly be able to get Beasley for a fraction of that price whenever the work stoppage ends.
    I agreed

I'd go one step further and decline Beasley's 4th yr option and make 2010-11 into a contract year for him.

Thread Information