Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Dont fool yourselves though, this Brazil squad is SOLID. And it looks like the new coach is convinced on bringing back jogo bonito.

Victor, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luis, Marcelo; Hernanes, Ramires, Ganso; Robinho, Neymar and Pato.

Expect goals. From both sides.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    I'm interested in seeing Neymar. Chelsea offered £17m for him but got rejected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ster-City.html

Post Count
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ley-fulham-job

I hate Sir Alex but he's backing Bob Bradley to take the Fulham job too. Please Bob.....take the job....you can funnel in American talent and get a challenge in Europe.

It would be nice to have an American coach in the EPL...plus the US needs to get a technical coach

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Anyone watching MLS AS Man U?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Pretty entertaining game.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I heard Chicharito got his first goal with ManU

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I heard Chicharito got his first goal with ManU
    Yeah, was pretty nice. He had another shot earlier he probably should have converted.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Oh he was OS though

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    Post Count
    He was in line with the defender on the bottom

Edit found an HD pic

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Very nice goal and technique by Chicharito.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Great goal indeed....

hope he keeps it up.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    I'm thinking of headed to Frisco to watch FC Dallas v. Inter Thursday. Anyone else going to be there?

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    I'm thinking of headed to Frisco to watch FC Dallas v. Inter Thursday. Anyone else going to be there?
    I definitely would if I could. I went up to Houston last week to watch Man U and it was a blast

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Yeah I had a great time in Houston. Are you a member of the Crocketteers?

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Nah, but i know of them and visit their website every now and then. I hear they're good people

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Definitely good people (I'm a paid member and actually their first sponsor, so I might be biased!) - leading the charge to get MLS to SA.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Decided against FC Dallas... instead I'm headed to New York for the US v. Brazil game. Hopefully we have some of our World Cup team on the pitch

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    You got a pretty good core from the WC on the roster, Scott.

G: Tim Howard, Brad Guzan

DEF: Jonathan Bornstein, Jonathan Spector, Carlos Bocanegra, Clarence Goodson, Chad Marshall, Steve Cherundolo

MID: Landon Donovan, Maurice Edu, Alejandro Bedoya, Sacha Kljestan, Benny Feilhaber, Jermaine Jones, Michael Bradley

STR: Edson Buddle, Herculez Gomez, Robbie Findley

He's going to start Findley and I'm going to puke. Midfield should be interesting, though.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Also, looks like Altidore is on his way to Turkey at Besitakas. Not sure how I feel about that.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Also, looks like Altidore is on his way to Turkey at Besitakas. Not sure how I feel about that.
    The Turkish League is not bad at all

As long as one goes to one of the big 3 teams - Besiktas, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, it's fine

Those clubs are regulars in Euro tournaments, and if Altidore does well in Turkey, he can be noticed by good Euro clubs

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Really excited to see Jones paired with Bradley in the midfield. Would have liked to see a young striker in there to get some experience

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'm fairly annoyed Gonzales isn't going to be there. Watching the Galaxy play recently has shown me what a beast he is.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ok so they changed the roster tonight. Omar is in after all as is Jozy.

What does this tell me? US Soccer has an official who follows Spurstalk and they hate Scott and love me. Sorry Scott. Actually I was excited about Jones too. Bummer.

Big Jeezy and Gonzo Added To US Squad
    Posted 2010/08/05 by matthewsf in Uncategorized. 4 Comments
    From US Soccer

What does the roster addition say about Jozy's club situation?
    Villarreal striker Jozy Altidore has been added to the U.S. Men’s National Team roster for the match against five-time FIFA World Cup champions Brazil on Aug. 10 at the New Meadowlands Stadium, replacing Jermaine Jones.
    Altidore appeared in all four matches in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. A former New York Red Bull and a native of Livingston, N.J., he has nine goals in 29 career games for the full team.
    Jones initially accepted the invite, but after further discussions will remain with FC Schalke to prepare for his first compe ive matches in more than a year after recovering from a shin injury.
    Los Angeles Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez will be part of the U.S. squad in place of Columbus Crew center back Chad Marshall, who has withdrawn from the roster. Gonzalez, the 2009 MLS Rookie of the Year, will have the chance to earn his first international cap after having participated in national team training camp in January.
    The rest of the US roster…

The future is now for Gonzo....
    Redress:
    • In our humble opinion, an embarrassing moment for US Soccer on the Jermaine Jones front. If the US announced the roster some weeks ago and Jones now declined, that would be somewhat permissable.
    However, you have to wonder what was happening behind the scenes that led to Jones accepting the invitation and then declining.
    • The US also continues to call up Chad Marshall: to January Camp, to the World Cup 30-man and now to Brazil.
    All in all highly perplexing from US Soccer if a player is going to continually be physically unable to perform.
    • Jozy Altidore being called in is interesting. A local Villarreal report today says a Besiktas deal for Jozy is not completed and that Galatasary are still in the running for Altidore’s service. Besiktas is apparently a loan and Galatasary a $3M outright purchase.
    What’s interesting is that Besiktas plays Villarreal on Sunday when Jozy is due to report into camp.
    —–
    Here’s the thing. You, USSF, scheduled the friendly. You already knew about potential conflicts, and you already knew that it was a tight turnaround (Gulati and crew easily thinking dollars first, but I don’t think that’s a terrible thing).
    You knew you were going to call a veteran squad. Why all the confusion now?
    For perspective, Brazil got ousted from the World Cup one round later than the United States. The Brazilians have watched their coach walk away, hired a new one and already set a roster with a mix of veterans and promising players.
    —–
    Oh….fine….TSG knows you are real and lurking out there.

Jermaine Jones (on left)

Thread Information