Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Also, it seems as though Jozy is pretty much headed to Turkey but its not certain which club as of yet.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Update on the US Under 20 squad.

Powers was named the Milk Cup's most valuable player, but he wasn't the only one who impressed. Others included:

• Gale Agbossoumonde: The 6-foot-2 center back captained the team and scored the first goal in the final. With his size and composure on the ball (honed at S.C. Braga in Portugal), he may be the surest bet to suit up for the senior national team one day.

"Bob [Bradley] and I talk and I told him that [Agbossoumonde] has special qualities," Rongen said. "He's almost too comfortable playing the ball out of the back, always looking for people in a forward position, but that is easier to break than trying to teach technical ability."

Agbossoumonde, like Powers, was on the 2007 U-20 World Cup team but was young and played sparingly. "Now, he has become a pro," Rongen said.

• Alex Molano: If there was a breakout performer for the U.S., it was Molano, an attacking midfielder who plays for NK Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia. "Up the middle we had two center backs [Agbossoumonde and Akron's Perry Kitchen] comfortable starting the attack out of the back, connecting with Powers and then Molano, who gives us elements tactically and physically of that traditional No. 10 passer," Rongen said. "We were pleased with what we saw from him."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0voyLwM00

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Gawd we need good forwards so bad and it seems like they just don't exist. I hope Jozy and Charlie get the done for the next 2 cups.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Update on the US Under 20 squad.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0voyLwM00

"Bob [Bradley] and I talk and I told him that [Agbossoumonde] has special qualities," Rongen said. "He's almost too comfortable playing the ball out of the back, always looking for people in a forward position, but that is easier to break than trying to teach technical ability."
    Am I missing something when they say that "he's too comfortable playing the ball out of the back?" Isn't that what we want to develop in a center back rather than just clearing the ball just for the sake of clearing it?

Maybe he's saying that he's not careful enough or lackadaisical?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    All it takes is one mistake. I think he's alluding to the fine line between being comfortable and being complacent.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I just cringe when I here Rongen and a young U.S. center back in the same sentence.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Karim Zian scored a nice goal today on Everton and Tim Howard

you Karim, you couldnt beat Howard during the WC ?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I've watched every Galaxy game after the world cup and while there are some good players on that team and I can easily see why they've dominated the MLS to this point I can't help but feel so bad for Lando. He's pretty much stuck there when its obvious he could play somewhere much better. Everytime I see someone misplay an easy ball or just play a bad pass its so frustrating. He literally dominates when he's on the ball in those games.

Now, that being said I really do like some of the Galaxy players. Omar Gonzales IS their defense although Franklin is also pretty good. Joninho is pretty fun to watch and I've actually been impressed a lot with Tristan Bowen. Buddle is good as well but they all just seem a few levels below Donovan.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Has Danny Mwanga decided what country he's going to play for? The guy is instantly our #1 forward heading into 2014. Kid is sick.

An Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan, Mwanga attack would be the best the US has ever had.

Same with that Colombian cat Najar. US is going after more and more foreign born players with dual citizinships. A very smart move.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I still rank a healthy Davies ahead of Mwanga.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Martin O'neil out at Villa.

Who would like to see Bob Bradley to Aston Villa with its American owner? Followed by purchases of Michael Bradley and Landon Donavon?

Post Count
    Has Danny Mwanga decided what country he's going to play for? The guy is instantly our #1 forward heading into 2014. Kid is sick.

An Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan, Mwanga attack would be the best the US has ever had.

Same with that Colombian cat Najar. US is going after more and more foreign born players with dual citizinships. A very smart move.
    Mwanga has said he would love to play for the US instead of Congo. It's still early to see if he'll pan out IMO. Davies/Altidore are still clearly better at this point.....very exciting to get more prospects though. Another Columbian cat to watch out for is Juan Agudelo of the Red Bulls and US U20 side. The wait for a US primetime scorer in Europe continues.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bradley scores

BTW Mwenga has said he wants to play for the US but he can't get citizenship until early next year. We'll see how it goes.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    I missed that Sacha Kljestan is now playing for Anderlecht. We'll see if this helps his game.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Next friendly is against Poland at Soldier Field in Chicago. Expect a huge crowd of poles.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    I understand they want to ensure big crowds, but it's ridiculous how the USMNT never has a true home game because they schedule all of them in places that are bound to have a huge crowd favoring the opposing team. The Brazil game was absurd in that respect, it was 75% Brazil fans.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    All I care about is getting new blood into these games. I want to see some more Omar, maybe some Tim Ream, Sean Franklin and maybe Tristan Bowen up front. , if maybe even Stephens so it can be like an LA Galaxy game. I wonder if we'll get to see Jones in this one.

Also, who will be the coach!?!??!?!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I missed that Sacha Kljestan is now playing for Anderlecht. We'll see if this helps his game.
    He had a nice goal yesterday

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Bob Bradley quoted on ESPN.com saying he would be honored to talk to Aston Villa about their open position and his agents have reached out to the club to try to arrange an interview.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nice. The more I've thought about it the more I'd like a change at the coaching spot. Need someone who will embrace a more fluid offensive style.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    We need someone who will embrace never putting Ricardo Clark, Edson Buddle or Robbie Findley into a game again.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Edson Buddle is going to play for this team until someone better comes along. Even with a healthy Davies you don't have any better options on the bench. `

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    I'll even take Findley over Buddle. Buddle is a great MLS scorer, but his first touch is so horrid it makes him a huge liability in international play. Findley at least creates the occassional chance with good passses (see the Turkey game - Findley to Donovan to Joze).

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Oh god no Scott. Buddle's touch is MUCH better than Findley. I can't agree with you at all there. Not to mention he's much stronger in the box. I just can't agree that Findley does anything better than Buddle outside of running.

Thread Information