Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    He had a nice goal yesterday
    Yup nice goal, 7th minute. He played 87 minutes.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Look at any time Buddle recieves a pass... he take away all momemtum by chasing down the ball he Buddled 5 yards away. Look at his goal versus Australia, a good strike but it was a poor run.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'd go as far to say that currently Buddle is the best pure finisher the US has. Now, he's at an age where I don't expect him to see a big role in 2014 but I expect to see him featured at the next Gold Cup for sure.

Right now, I'm taking Altidore, Buddle, Gomez, a healthy and fit Davies to the Gold Cup. Findley should never see another game on the team. If Davies isn't fit then I'm not sure who would be the likely fill in but maybe Tristan Bowen or you just take 3 forwards.

I really am surprised you are taking Findley's touch over Buddle's though. Buddle has been nicknamed Sweet Feet. Findley's got speed but he lacks everything else.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    You put Findley on the end of this ball and its over the endline for a GK.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    I think it's time to take the American game into a more European style of play anyway. Not sure if Klinsmann is the best man for the job, but he's probably the best we can afford.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Now that I've had a little time to digest the Bradley resigning... time to think ahead.

Goalkeepers: Howard probably has one WC left in him, and we seem to never have problems developing keepers. Guzan is young and Bill Hamid from DC United is one name to potentially look out for.

Defenders: DeMerit, Bocanegra, Cherundolo will all be gone. Maybe Gooch has another WC, but it will depend on his ability to regain form and stay healthy. Right now I'm not counting on him. Goodson has shown some promise and Spector and Bornstein are both young enough to warrant call-ups, but definitely need to improve their game. Let's see if Omar can develop. This is obviously our weakest area. So much so that I'm rather nervous as the prospects for development.

Midfield: Donovan, Bradley and Dempsey are all but locks for 2014, and by then I think Bradley will have emerged as our playmaker with Donovan in his early 30s at that point. Benny, Torres and Edu are all young and both have looked good to me in the time they've received. Jermaine Jones is exciting, but he's about to turn 29. Stuart Holden excites me a lot as a potential wing who can give us flexibility with Landon and Clint aging. Sacha has some raw talent that may still develop. Will Freddie Adu ever do anything? Will Bedoya develop? This is still our strongest group, but it is becoming more and more offensive, which only highlights the weakness of our back line.

Foward: Jozy can't hit the side of a barn, but he createst chances. He's a shoe-in. After that, I never want to see Fidnley, Buddle, Connor Casey, Eddie Johnson or any of those other guys again. I'd rather see Brian McBride come out of retirement at age 1000 than see any of those scrubs. So we have Jozy and hopefully Davies if he can regain his form. That was a pretty serious injury, so nothing can be taken for granted. After that? Hercules will be 32 in 2014. Tristan Bowen? Justin Braun? Marcus Tracey? My head hurts just thinking about it. At this point I think our best hope is for Davies to recover and for Holden to develop so that Landon or Clint can slide up if needed.

Thoughts?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I think on Keepers Guzan is going to push Howard for the job. I was really really really impressed me in the Brazil game and while I know its only one game Tim Howard hasn't been all that great since the England game.

The back line actually seems OK. Gooch may not be a starter but I can't imagine he won't be there unless he can't regain any form although maybe he'll be a sub. Omar will be fine here as well, and Ike Opara and Tim Ream are 2 guys to watch out for. I'm going to be very upset if Sean Franklin does not get a call up for one of the two friendlies in October. Ugh, Bornstien and Spector. FML.

Midfield I pretty much agree with everything you said. I think Sacha and Bedoya have the potential to make our midfield extremely deep but we'll see. Both were terrible against Brazil but they should have plenty of time to improve within this cycle.

Forwards I expect Buddle to play a big role for the next year or two. I'm hoping Davies recovers too but I'm not sold on it. I think - as Matthew pointed out above - Mwanga is actually going to be one of the better options here. Since he's posted that I've watched a few Union games and at 17 the kid has skills. Check him out if you get a chance. Tristan Bowen has some potential as well and while I LOVE his aggressiveness I think his ceiling is much lower than Altidore, Mwanga, or Davies.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Apart from Buddle, there aren't any other American forwards in the MLS that are making a splash. Currently, most of the other top MLS scorers are foreigners. If Buddle keeps scoring goals in the MLS, Bradley will continue to call him up. Here is a list of current top scorers.

GOALS PLAYER
    13 Edson Buddle(LA)
    12 Juan Pablo Angel(NY)
    10 Fredy Montero(SEA)
    9 Dwayne De Rosario(TOR)
    9 Sebastien Le Toux(PHI)
    8 Justin Braun(CHV)
    8 Conor Casey(COL)
    8 Kei Kamara(KC)
    8 Alvaro Saborio(RSL)
    8 Chris Wondolowski(SJ)

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Mwanga has 7 or 8 which is good but is even more amazing considering he's a part time player and only 17. Gotta get that boy his citizenship.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Brian McBride to retire after 2010 season

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/201...er-2010-season

------------------------------------------------------------------------

McBride played with heart.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Wish we had a McBride now.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Here's a cool article comparing Bob to Fabio Capello

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...-fabio-capello

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Really great interview with Ryan Smith - he talks about wanting to play for the USMNT.

http://theshinguardian.com/2010/09/0...h-the-wizards/

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    A couple of young defenders to keep an eye on leading up to 2014..

Gale Agbossoumonde and Tim Ream. Our best shots for legit difference makers in the back line.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Tim Ream isn't bad but I have a feeling his defense would get destroyed on the international level.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    LOL from the fake Bradley twitter today:

Someone please explain to me how @MauriceEdu is good enough to start in the Champion's League, but not against Ghana...oops stain on me...

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Here is an article rehashing what we had already stated.

USMNT Focus: Is Solution To Forward's Woes In MLS?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/...ds-woes-in-mls

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Interesting roster for Poland and Colombia. I love Bocanegra and Cherundolo, but there inclusion is a bad sign as to our prospects (though I know many MLS plays weren't included bc of their respective playoff runs).

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton)
    DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Étienne), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Eric Lichaj (Aston Villa), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Örebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton Wanderers), Jermaine Jones (FC Schalke), Brek Shea (FC Dallas)
    FORWARDS (3): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Eddie Johnson (Fulham)

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I saw a different roster

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Never mind I guess I didn't. I'm just dumb.

Can't read too much into it because of the MLS but I thought they were going to invite braun. Eddie Johnson? Meh.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    I'm interested in seeing Brek. It looks like he's having a pretty good season with FC Dallas.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    CONCACAF Request Entry Into The Copa America
    Date: 06-Oct-2010

The 2015 Copa America could for the first time include the entire American continent, after North American governing body CONCACAF made a formal request to FIFA to be included in the South American tournament.

Under preliminary proposals, six North and Central American teams would join the 10 CONMEBOL members in the cup, which could be renamed the Copa Americas. Currently teams such as Mexico and the United States have participated in the Copa, but only in a highly controversial guest role.

CONCACAF head Chuck Blazer confirmed in an interview with Sports Illustrated that the idea had been considered for a long time in the organisation, but that this was the first time it had been officially approved and put forward. The official however also stated that the economic interests of North American sides would also have to be protected.

“Other configurations might lend themselves to being possible,” he said. “Economic parameters would need to be met. The Gold Cup is the main source of revenue to support the youth programs and compe ions that we do. If we did [a Copa Americas], we would have to see how it would replace what currently exists.”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE.

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/spo...1010/89498.php

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    How would they chose those six teams? Would there be a qualifying tournament for Copa America?

Thread Information