Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1822
    My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    I don't believe he's refusing to play. Liverpool has come out and stated they wanted Clint and then Fullham got pissed off they pretty much ed up their lie.

Eventually its going to come out so I'll wait and see how it plays out but its in Fullham's best interests to move him.
    Yet Liverpool has never submit a bid for Clint.

It's entirely possible that both Fulham and Clint are being colossal s here.

Post Count
    Ben Smith of BBC said Liverpool inquired about Dempsey but the asking price was too high. It was also reported that Charlie Adams was going to be used in some sort of exchange but talks broke down.

Dempsey isn't the type of guy who would refuse to play but he has to take some blame. He probably told Jol that he's played his last game at Fulham and wants a move to a CL club. Then Jol got pissed off and mouthed off to the media -- throwing Dempsey under the bus.

It looks now that it's kind of a Dwight Howard - Orlando situation. It's best for both people to move on. The more time goes, the harder I think it will be for Demps to since with Liverpool. Don't rule out Arsenal. If he really wants CL football he might have to move to another country.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    In other news, any idea when we get to see the Jamaica WCQ rosters?

I'm especially curious to see what Jurgen does in central defense. Cameron looked great against Mexico, and Edu also made a case for a move to the back with the Nats. Goodson has always been solid back there though, and we just can't shelf Capt. Boca.

Jozy off to a hot start, wonder if he'll start or if Jurgen will stick with Herc. I expect Herc, Jozy and Boyd to all be on the roster.

I think Castillo and Orozco have earned call-ups.

Hoping we can sweep this series which would set up a game against Antigua on 10/16 where we are likely through and can cap-tie some guys (Corona for example).

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Apparently Mo Edu moving to Stoke. Good move for him. Curious where he'll play. Could be interesting to see him develop more chemistry with Cameron play either CB or CDM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Don't rule out Arsenal
    Arsenal needs a defensive midfielder after the departure of Song, not an attacking player

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Looks like Clint is going to Sunderland.

LOL

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Looks like Clint is going to Sunderland.

LOL
    Certainly isn't what he was hoping for, but Sunderland did spend 27 million pounds in the market before Dempsey

At least they're trying to improve

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sunderland to the champions league!

/facepalm

Anyway, I hope the story comes out. I want to know what happend.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Word is Boca has options in England and France, but will be departing Rangers within the next 24 hours.

9 days away from WCQ home-and-home vs. Jamaica. Still no roster.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Dempsey should be free...

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Bradley is out for this weekend's game with an injury...hopefully he'll be fit for the qualifiers.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Still no official roster, but Bolton has announced that Tim Ream has been called up.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Jurgen doesn't like to announce the roster until the players start arriving in camp....we're going to have to get used to that.

I could definitely see Dempsey not being called in because he hasn't played in forever. It'll make things more interesting if him and Bradley are both out.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Despite Bradley's knock, it would really surprise me to not see him called up (even if he doesn't make the gameday rosters)

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves IF final tally winds up Bradley/Roma, Dempsey/Spurs, Onyewu/Malaga, Edu+Cameron/Stoke, Bocanegra/Santander, that's a GREAT window 4 USMNT

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Can't blame high profile clubs from not wanting him either. As Clint has gotten better, he's become a more selfish player. That works when you play for Fulham, but he wouldn't be a top player on a top-flight club, and none of them want to see selfish play from one of their role players.

Meanwhile, Michael Bradley put on his big boy pants a few years ago, realized he needed to be more of a team player, and now plays on a squad that may actually have a chance to compete for a Champs League spot.

Amazing how that works.
    I'd say it worked out pretty well for Clint.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    FOX Soccer ‏@FOXSoccer
    Dempsey deal is as follows: $9.6m, three-year contract. No details on weekly wages.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Will Clint be a regular for them?

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    I'd say it worked out pretty well for Clint.
    I shall eat my crow with a side of Mac N' Cheese.

Hopefully Spurs can make a big push in Europe League this year and finish in a Champs League spot this year.

Don't think Clint will be an automatic starter, but maybe 1st off bench?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm not sure he's automatic at all. I don't know if Clint will do well in a super sub role.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I wish it would have gone differently, but I am glad he's at Spurs.

I doubt he's an automatic starter, but he'll get plenty of playing time to prove he deserves more minutes.

Will Clint be a regular for them?
    Yes he will be. The Spurs sold Van Der Vart which opens up a starting role for Clint.

That role was supposed to go to Moutinho but when they deal fell through, they quickly picked up Clint to fill that spot. Clint should actually do extremely well in Tottenham, perfect situation for him.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Roster drops at 2pm CDT

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    USMNT Roster for Jamaica away-and-home:

GK: Guzan, Howard, S. Johnson, Rimando

DEF: Bocanegra, Cameron, Cherundolo, Edu, Goodson, F. Johnson, Orozco Fiscal, Parkhurst, Spector

MID: Beckerman, Corona, Gatt, Jones, Shea, Torres, Williams, Zusi

FOR: Altidore, Boyd, Dempsey, Gomez

Landon injured along with Bradley?

I'll my pants and post pictures if jozy hat tricks

Thread Information