Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Dreaming of you-Selena ALWAYS bet on BLACK's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    for es sakes; thiscity cant even let a strip club open.

this is so god damned sickening.

i hate this city because of all the blue haired, RACIST, conservative old ass mother ers that are against beer, naked people and freedom of choice.

ALL YOU CONSERVATIVE RE S AND YOUR MORONIC STANDARDS

GO YOURSELF
    http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...spx?p=Comments

What other MAJOr METRO IN THE USA would have this sort of continuous uproar over a ing sports bar opening.

first these white//and mexican conservatives were against BIKINIS sports bar opening.

then they made sure BOOBIE ROCK strip club never opened

then they shut down HEADLINERS STIP CLUB

now they want to block a god damned sports bar from opening.

this article right here is exactly what is wrong with san antonio.

a bucn of OLD MEXICANS that believe this is immoral

how dare they impose THEIR beliefs on me.

them

this ty city

and guess what....???????????

this city still has a ty skyline.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dodie Lee - 12:24 AM
    1 Vote

Report User
    If they would take away all alcohol permits, this type of problem wouldn't be happening anywhere. All the beer, whiskey, dancing, and honkeytonking are just downright wicked, and they are abominations against God and Jesus. The law needs to go in and raid all the beer joints, whiskey stores, dance halls, honkeytonks, and cat houses and haul off everybody on the property to jail in chains. Then, they need to take a match to each building and run over them with a bulldozer. All those places are nothing but trouble. It's time to put a stop to drinking alcohol in America.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the comments make me sick
    i hate these people

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Is Bikini's even worth it to eat there or it just like a vilified Hooters on crack?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1 Vote

Report User
    If they would take away all alcohol permits, this type of problem wouldn't be happening anywhere. All the beer, whiskey, dancing, and honkeytonking are just downright wicked, and they are abominations against God and Jesus. The law needs to go in and raid all the beer joints, whiskey stores, dance halls, honkeytonks, and cat houses and haul off everybody on the property to jail in chains. Then, they need to take a match to each building and run over them with a bulldozer. All those places are nothing but trouble. It's time to put a stop to drinking alcohol in America.
    Wow. That Dodie Lee is in crazy! I think I hate her...or maybe I just feel bad for her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Don't know if you know this, but San Antonio is one of the bluest cities south of austin.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Is Bikini's even worth it to eat there or it just like a vilified Hooters on crack?
    No, it's just hooters with a smaller shirt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Wow. That Dodie Lee is in crazy! I think I hate her...or maybe I just feel bad for her.
    If you look at her other posts ... she's a loon. Talking about 'dirty Chinamen' and other crap like that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you look at her other posts ... she's a loon. Talking about 'dirty Chinamen' and other crap like that.
    Yeah I did, that why I commented. This lady had to be like in her 70's or something right? If she is a young woman then I am gonnna lose it

silverblk mystix
    I grew up in San Antonio...thought it was ok---as a matter of fact--I loved it at one point.

Fast-forward a few years and I started to feel suffocated and I started noticing small minded people everywhere I went and it started to wear on me so I left.

Spent 17 years in California and loved it--I fit right in....no actually I did more than that.

One day I started thinking it would be good to be closer to family, parents getting old,houses cheaper,etc....

As I drove back into S.A. I decided to have a little cruise---before arriving at my family's home...and I noticed that it hadn't PROGRESSED very much...and I started to feel a little bit queasy...maybe I made the wrong choice??? WTF?
    As I kept driving I immediately noticed something...CHURCHES/PLACES OF WORSHIP!...oh-oh...I saw red flags...and thought to myself....what kind of place has NOT invested much in infrastructure or built its skyline or added freeways--tidied up the city....BUT has allowed gigantic----GIGANTIC---places of worship to be erected EVERYWHERE....I grew nauseous, felt suffocated--just like many years ago...

I knew I had ed up....

luckily for me---the very NEXT day...I drove to Austin---which I had remembered as a little sleepy college town back in the day...and strangely---I immediately felt like I could breathe easy...so I stayed...

so far ...I drive to S.A. to visit---then bail as soon as the uneasiness returns....

someone told me that the so-called...Mothers of the Alamo---or some-such group was responsible for keeping the skyline in the jr. league level... even sleepy Austins' skyline looks like a modern city...nicer than S.A. by a longshot...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do not understand the crying perverts that are not smart enough to find the many many already existing places in the city to spend their money on alcohol while looking at scantily clad women.

Are they too far off of your bus route or something?

I hope the owner does sue the city, and the city buys the property, and he goes away searching to open up his pervert paradise elsewhere.

If he puts it in writing that it will be a neighborhood sports bar, then I think they could come to some sort of agreement. However, the council has been fooled in the past if you watch the report. A previous owner promised a family restaurant that also served alcohol, like a Chili's or something, but what they got was a raunchier hooters.

The council will not be fooled again, and I admire that they are trying to get the zoning laws fixed to ban alcohol there. That should be a decision made by the people of that community and if that's what they choose, so should it be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    It's District 9. That's why it's such a big effing deal. If this was District 5, 7, 3, 1 etc we wouldn't hear a thing. It's all about location. Come on guys.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eh. I've lived my adult life in 4 major metropolitan areas: Seattle, Atlanta, DC-Baltimore and now San Antonio. Big cities are exactly the same everywhere.

silverblk mystix
    I do not understand the crying perverts that are not smart enough to find the many many already existing places in the city to spend their money on alcohol while looking at scantily clad women.

Are they too far off of your bus route or something?

I hope the owner does sue the city, and the city buys the property, and he goes away searching to open up his pervert paradise elsewhere.

If he puts it in writing that it will be a neighborhood sports bar, then I think they could come to some sort of agreement. However, the council has been fooled in the past if you watch the report. A previous owner promised a family restaurant that also served alcohol, like a Chili's or something, but what they got was a raunchier hooters.

The council will not be fooled again, and I admire that they are trying to get the zoning laws fixed to ban alcohol there. That should be a decision made by the people of that community and if that's what they choose, so should it be.

WTF is it to you?...Why are guys that go to these places-perverts?
    Why do YOU give a what OTHER people do?

What NO-ONE should be ABLE to do here is DICTATE what OTHER people do!
    Do you NOT understand that? Do YOU feel some compulsion to MEDDLE in other peoples lives? Do you NOT have enough to worry about in YOUR life that --you have the time to REGULATE OTHER PEOPLE?

Do you have something against---scantily-clad women?

For the record--I do NOT go to strip bars because it is kinda boring to me--and I have been-there & done that,etc....

BUT;

You will NOT see me trying to judge OTHER people for wanting to go or to spend their time doing WHATEVER THE THEY WANT TO DO!

Why should YOU be a prick because you feel different than they do?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    It's District 9. That's why it's such a big effing deal. If this was District 5, 7, 3, 1 etc we wouldn't hear a thing. It's all about location. Come on guys.
    Why does this make a difference, there are already 2 places where women of flexible morality work in that district (that I can think of), this is not including the Hooters on bitters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Why does this make a difference, there are already 2 places where women of flexible morality work in that district (that I can think of), this is not including the Hooters on bitters.
    When did those other establishments open? Not when this councilman was in office, obviously. He has a NIMB (No in my backyard) mentality that is off the charts. It's obvious that the council members before him didn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This city is my home. I am a protector. Those that are crying like the OP...are they doing more than just posting on the internet? Are they down at city council protesting? No. Because the do not truly care. They only wish to complain.

Do you NOT understand that? Do YOU feel some compulsion to MEDDLE in other peoples lives? Do you NOT have enough to worry about in YOUR life that --you have the time to REGULATE OTHER PEOPLE?
    This is not about dictating choices to others. This is about a community protecting its own community. The people of that neighborhood have spoken and are fighting the good fight to keep their neighborhood free of those that would frequent a place such as that that is planned. Primarily perverted drunks. Do you not understand that?

I have nothing against them, but I also understand that they were once little girls. Little girls that had much bigger and better dreams than to be prancing around in their underwear or dancing topless and grinding on the laps of drunken fools for money.

For the record--I do NOT go to strip bars because it is kinda boring to me--and I have been-there & done that,etc....
    Good for you. It is a waste, all around.

Now ask yourself this, would you want one of these strip clubs behind your house...where you may or may not be raising your children?

BUT;

You will NOT see me trying to judge OTHER people for wanting to go or to spend their time doing WHATEVER THE THEY WANT TO DO!

I am not judging them. I am describing them. Big difference my friend.

You want to do whatever you want to do. I say fine...but with great power, comes great responsibility. If you cannot control yourself, then that's when the problems arise. Many of these men are not out to 'drink responsibly'...they are out to get drunk...and then drive home.

Putting their own lives and the lives of everyone else on the roads in harms way. Have you not seen the drunk driving that goes on in this city and the devastation that it causes to numerous families on an almost daily basis?

I am no prick. I love this city and the people in it. I want what's best for us.

Can you say the same?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

BUT;

I don't really see how you can rant like this and then about "infrastructure" or the lack there of? How do you think infrastructure happens? Sure the comments made by readers are stupid, but the purpose of the whole thing is not about "controllling other people" but about proper zoning for establishments. Strict zoning is one of the keys to acheiving a strong infrastructure in a city.

I agree the use of the word "pervert" was a bit over the top and maybe used just for a bit of

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1 Vote

Report User
    I would have no trouble ending this one's life

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People like xXx and that stupid ass Dodie Lee need to just die already.

I am convinced that in 10-15 years when the older generations here in San Antonio start to die off, this city will progress.

Right now San Antonio's checklist looks like this:

1. Keep strip clubs/bars from opening.
    2. Keep the skyline small as .
    3. Keep downtown looking like .
    4. Build more churches.

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Dodie Lee has to be a troll, has to be

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    LOL, as long as they're going to strip clubs and not a place of worship you won't judge them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People like xXx and that stupid ass Dodie Lee need to just die already.

I am convinced that in 10-15 years when the older generations here in San Antonio start to die off, this city will progress.

Right now San Antonio's checklist looks like this:

1. Keep strip clubs/bars from opening.
    2. Keep the skyline small as .
    3. Keep downtown looking like .
    4. Build more churches.

Poor lost child that you are.

Where did you get lost? What happened to your guides?

Who did you follow to get to this point?

I agree with your point 3, that any and all trash should be cleaned up in this city, which includes city owned properties that have become overgrown and dump spots...as well as any city owned houses that are dilapidated and dangerous and should be demolished.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Poor lost child that you are.

Where did you get lost? What happened to your guides?

Who did you follow to get to this point?

I agree with your point 3, that any and all trash should be cleaned up in this city, which includes city owned properties that have become overgrown and dump spots...as well as any city owned houses that are dilapidated and dangerous and should be demolished.
    where the did you get lost?

you are absolutely delusional. keeping san antonio free of strip clubs will solve the violence here, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    where the did you get lost?

you are absolutely delusional. keeping san antonio free of strip clubs will solve the violence here, right?

I am only lost from your point of view...which is not a good one unfortunately.

I never said that keeping this city free of strip clubs would solve violence.

I don't know where you got that from.

Violence is a human element that must be squashed within all of us individually.

Thread Information