Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump: Context. Context: Chump. I don't think the two of you have met.
    Predictions, predictions. We all have them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predictions, predictions. We all have them.
    No .

No need to redass over a this one. No one thought Neal would be this good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No .

No need to redass over a this one. No one thought Neal would be this good.
    +1. Neal is a great find. LOL, heres a "prediction". I do not forsee Neal being a one year wonder like RMJ, like a few on here worry about Neal becoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never got why people say Pop has the best eye for talent, then second guess every move he makes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never got why people say Pop has the best eye for talent, then second guess every move he makes.
    Some folks on here just like playing the armchair NBA GM/Coach. It also depends on the Spurs won/loss record whether the war on here betweeen the "Pop apologists vs. Pop haters" starts heating up. The Pop haters are kinda hiding in the shadows, so to speak, because of the great start so far by the Spurs. They will start popping up if the Spurs get on a losing streak. Its fun and makes for good debating back and forth.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump: Context. Context: Chump. I don't think the two of you have met.
    I'm using this as context:
    It's pretty doubtful that all three years are guaranteed, and Neal has two years of D League eligibility. The odds that he ends up on the main roster this season are very slim.
    Let me be clear: Neal is not on the team, he got signed to a contract to keep him from going back to Europe. I've been on the record for a long time that the Spurs are idiots for falling in love with three pointers, because it's taken them out of what put those banners in the rafters. I'm well aware that the Spurs fall in love with three point shooters to the detriment of everything else. I just don't think it's a good idea. I never said they wouldn't sign Neal, I'm simply of the opinion that they shouldn't.
    Seems like you indeed made yourself clear.

Let me know if you meant something other than what you actually posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another interesting thread would be the one that announces the Summer League Roster. There was a lot of discussion about Neal on it as he was the name that caught everyone's eye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still wondering how we fit Anderson back into this rotation? Neal needs to be on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read. Good bump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well so far, that 3-year contract is great for Spurs! Neal has been having great games in scoring recently.

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a perfect replacement for mason... can't really play point, can't really defend and god knows if he can really shoot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to be easy to fit him back into the rotation, but I think he'll see minutes on a decent basis. I can see Udoka going to IR or getting cut. Neal's going to still get his minutes because he's earned them, but he'll probably be seeing a few less and Ginobili will probably get less minutes at SF. Anderson will likely once again be the backup SF soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still wondering how we fit Anderson back into this rotation? Neal needs to be on the floor.
    Simple. JA will be the backup SF. He will take some minutes from Manu and RJ. Hopefully Manu can rest more when JA returns. The Udoka plan isn't working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Udoka will evaporate (he's been awful), JA takes the SF minutes. Easy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker 32 min
    Hill 30 min

Ginobili 30 min
    Neal 20 min

Jefferson 28 min
    Anderson 15 min

Duncan 30 min
    Bonner 15 min

Blair 20 min
    McDyesSplitter 20 min

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm using this as context:
    Then you probably should have quoted that. What you actually did was quote where I was responding to the statement "Neal's not going anywhere with that contract" as though it meant he was going to be with the Spurs for three years no matter how he played.

His play is the reason he's on the team now, not his contract. If you can figure out what part of that was wrong I'm all ears.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's plenty of guard minutes. Anderson will be taking forward minutes for the most part. As the playoffs get closer, and the rotation shortens, someone is going to be odd man out with this depth, and Udoka, Anderson and Splitter are at the top of the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to go over this thread since i'm bored at work...some pretty funny and some dead on..

Neal at a glance: undersized guard, rapist, no defense... humm nice
    Neal can go to Austin. BTW, Hairston's a better shooter than Gee and Neal unless you refuse to look at stats. You obviously do, since Gee shot 31 percent from three point range last season.
    +1. Neal is a great find. LOL, heres a "prediction". I do not forsee Neal being a one year wonder like RMJ, like a few on here worry about Neal becoming.
    what a perfect replacement for mason... can't really play point, can't really defend and god knows if he can really shoot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes, Spurs give a guy a guarantied contract after just a couple of summer league games? Either the Fo has completely lost their minds or they are Guinness's.
    Guinness's it is.

Simple. JA will be the backup SF. He will take some minutes from Manu and RJ. Hopefully Manu can rest more when JA returns. The Udoka plan isn't working.
    I seriously doubt that there was ever a "plan" with Sudoku. He was always just meant to be another warm body until Anderson returned.
    Last edited by Agloco; 01-01-2011 at 08:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary "All Aboard" Neal? Come on ride the train, and ride it. Come on it's the choo choo, come on it's the choo choo train.

Spurs are doing some odd things.

Neal is not exactly a youngster. Dude is seasoned. I am on the fence w him. He seems to have an NBA shot. He is not very athletic, but he still gets his shot off.

Good thread...I was at Summer League and got to watch Neal up close. It was obvious to everyone he could shoot. It was also obvious that he would have an uphill battle on the defensive end.

As a few have mentioned, he isn't terribly athletic, but when I was watching him it never effected his ability to get his own shot off. That was also with him being the creator as well.

He is playing lights out and as long as the shots keep falling he will have minutes.
    It was interesting watching him up close and in person in Summer League. What a journey it's been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hairston better shooter then Neal ..hahahahahaha

you gotta love those Malik lovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Anderson proves to be a good shooter like he was in college, and he plays with the same defensive tenacity we saw from him the first 10 games or so this year, he may be the starting small forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Anderson proves to be a good shooter like he was in college, and he plays with the same defensive tenacity we saw from him the first 10 games or so this year, he may be the starting small forward.
    yes please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys really think James Anderson is going to start next year with making 30m in the next 3 years and with Pop as our coach ?

You guys have to be satisfied if he plays 10-15min/game. He won't start next year. Don't be delusional please.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson is not that good. No, not even as good as RJ.

Thread Information