Page 102 of 208 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Projected Offense Depth:

Projected Defense Depth:
    I don't necessarily think La'el beats out Ronald Leary for his spot minus injury, which is a real possibility based on last season. Leary doesn't make mistakes and he's the strongest OL they have..if anything, Doug Free needs to watch out cause Green is a swing tackle and can play LG if he had to anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't necessarily think La'el beats out Ronald Leary for his spot minus injury, which is a real possibility based on last season. Leary doesn't make mistakes and he's the strongest OL they have..if anything, Doug Free needs to watch out cause Green is a swing tackle and can play LG if he had to anyway.
    Agreed. I like Leary because he is a road grater. My issue is his degenerative knee. How long can his knee hold up?

So I absolutely think Free's days are numbered. Besides, I think Jerrah promised that he would be our future RT to get him to sign with us. He'd get more money as a RT than as a LG when he negotiates for his 1st big payday.

Given how Free has health issues, could be sooner than we think.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agreed. I like Leary because he is a road grater. My issue is his degenerative knee. How long can his knee hold up?

Yeah, the knee is the concern. The good thing is at LG he doesn't really have to move much, just hold his man up which he did last year like a boss to some pretty good opponents.

So I absolutely think Free's days are numbered. Besides, I think Jerrah promised that he would be our future RT to get him to sign with us. He'd get more money as a RT than as a LG when he negotiates for his 1st big payday.

Given how Free has health issues, could be sooner than we think.
    Yeah, the knee is the concern. The good thing is at LG he doesn't really have to move much, just hold his man up which he did last year like a boss to some pretty good opponents.

Given that Collins is already missing about 7 million, that first major payday is gonna be one for the ages assuming he lives up to his projection.

Jones says his best 5 lineman will start regardless of senority, so it's gonna be interesting to see who Collins will beat out for the job. My guess at this point will be Free, but he did start playing better towards the end of the season last year. He's gonna come out like a maniac because he knows he has a huge target on his back now from not one but two rookie lineman. Good time to be a Cowboys fan (still feels strange saying that)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Noway cowboys gave free 6 mil guaranteed to play backup,edude will be at rt.leary is gonna be the odd man out if collins is as good as advertised

who the is gonna be the fb lol

Overall, I really like the pieces that have been added over the last 3 drafts. Thank god Stephen finally put his Dad in his place and focused more on the draft and scouting.

The D-line should be solid assuming Gregory and Lawrence step up and earn starting positions over veterans Mincey and Terrell McClain. Putting Crawford in the middle last year was a success, and I expect him to be even better this year. You would then have Nick Hayden as the default weak link, which would be upgraded next draft.

The starting linebackers look good, but there is no telling what we're gonna get from Sean Lee. Rolando was big last season, but there's always the chance he becomes an issue or gets the nagging injuries again. Hitchens came in and played well, and showed he has a nose for the ball. He's going to have a hard time replacing Justin Durant's production, but I think he could given the opportunity. The Cowboys brought in a bunch of talent to compete here as well which is always good, as they have Jasper Brinkley, Andrew Gachkar, Kyle Wilber, Keith Rivers among a few others to push each other. Health will be the deciding factor here, but they do have a lot talent.

The backfield improved last year, but I don't see either safety as anything more than stop gap solutions. Byron Jones was drafted at CB but there is talk that he may eventually be moved to safety, so the jury is still out on whether one of the safety spots has been addressed, but if that happens we get a hole at CB. I have no faith in Mo' Claiborne ever becoming even a decent CB, and I've labeled him a bust since last year. Scandrick is capable of playing on the edge, but he's so much better playing in the slot. Brandon Carr was constantly out of position last year and lost confidence. We lost Sterling Moore who was really playing well at times last year, but we did hang on to Tyler Patmon at least. There are several new young faces to compete much like last year's battle, but there's no telling if any of this years youth will turn out to be serviceable at the least as was the case last season. I think DB is gonna be a top area of focus next draft.

Not really anything to say about the offensive line that hasn't already been said. If Chaz Green could develop into a starter, that's gonna be epic. Either way, they are gonna maul mother ers next season. Getting the gift of Collins was a beautiful thing

Running Back is the weak spot on the offensive side of the ball, but props to the front office for avoiding the position and focusing on defense instead. I think w/ carries Randle is going to more than carry the load, he has a lot of talent and quickness and the best offensive line to open holes for him. If not a RB will have to be drafted next year.

Wide receivers 1-3 are great, and the corp is only gonna get better this year with some more experience under Devin Street's belt, not to mention the undrafted free agent signing of Antwan Goodley from Baylor which is gonna be a steal IMO. There will be some good compe ion in camp at spots 4 and 5. Tight ends are gonna be solid as long as Witten is playing, but this is put up or shut up year for Escobar. He needs to be ready to take over for Witten by next year, and he's not even the lock for 2nd TE at this point IMO.

Next season should be DL, RB, CB, QB as far as focus. Need to start grooming a QB for sure next season.
    got damn shut the up

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Oh lllllll nooooooooo.. ing Felix Jones again?? Jerry's Arkansas dream backfield 8 years later

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...agent-workouts

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count

Oh lllllll nooooooooo.. ing Felix Jones again?? Jerry's Arkansas dream backfield 8 years later

He can still make some decisions I see

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    Post Count
    what about Ray Rice to keep up with the Crimeboys moniker?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Last I heard he was fat, out of shape, and lost more than a step. No way he gets signed.

He can still make some decisions I see
    That's a wait and see.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not gonna happen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys should build a probation office at Valley Ranch so the players can report there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys should build a probation office at Valley Ranch so the players can report there.

They've already said they wouldn't rule it out.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They've already said they wouldn't rule it out.

Imo only if an injury to McFadden or randle occurs

Imo only if an injury to McFadden or randle occurs
    I think they just said they were open to working him out. He looked done as a runner anyway so I don't see it as likely either. Just funny to think about them going all in on a thug team. Not that they haven't taken chances on those kind before.

I'm not expecting much from McFadden but I hope he surprises. Always liked him in college. Has a great arm as well iirc.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ray McDonald is now available. Domestic violence, so he should be a starter.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ray McDonald is now available. Domestic violence, so he should be a starter.
    Yes, I agree. Make Josh Brent head scout of criminal prospects now that he retired again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Seattle at least defensively, is the blueprint I believe Dallas is trying to emulate. I read somewhere that Seattle had like 11 LBers on their roster. That might explain why Dallas has so many as well. It is well do ented that Marinelli also likes to come at OLs in waves, which keeps his Rushmen fresh (another Seahawk staple). We have another DL player that may come on like T Crawford did in Whaley. Whaley was on IR all year. Marinelli seems high on him. So high that they let former Pro Bowler Melton walk. My hope is that he reduces Nick Hayden's snaps significantly.

Now if Byron Jones can give us his best Earl Thomas III impression, we in there!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Seattle at least defensively, is the blueprint I believe Dallas is trying to emulate. I read somewhere that Seattle had like 11 LBers on their roster. That might explain why Dallas has so many as well. It is well do ented that Marinelli also likes to come at OLs in waves, which keeps his Rushmen fresh (another Seahawk staple). We have another DL player that may come on like T Crawford did in Whaley. Whaley was on IR all year. Marinelli seems high on him. So high that they let former Pro Bowler Melton walk. My hope is that he reduces Nick Hayden's snaps significantly.

Now if Byron Jones can give us his best Earl Thomas III impression, we in there!
    Yeah, Marinelli is high alright.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lawrence added 20lbs of muscle:

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What is your Romo play of 2014?

Candidate #1 - Vs Houston - 3Q – 3:14 – 2/4/43 – Romo to Williams, 43 yards, Touchdown

Candidate #2 – Vs Houston – OT – 10:09 – 3/8/D32 – Romo deep to Bryant +37 yards

Candidate #3 – At Seattle - 4Q – 4:55 – 3/20/D31 – Romo to Williams, +23, FD

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...the-year.html/

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lawrence added 20lbs of muscle:

Expecting big things from Lawrence this season. Good to hear he's ready

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mike Zimmer on Adrian Peterson:

"He can play for the Vikings or not play at all"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    “He (Murray) had a good year last year,” Randle said Wednesday in reference to Murray’s single-season franchise-record 1,845 yards. “But I got to sit back and watch a lot and I felt like there was a lot of meat left on the bone. I’m going to try to go out there and grind as hard as I can.” -Randle

Randle

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Any idea when we'll lock up Dez? I hear he's at OTAs - which is silly because if he gets hurt while practicing without a contract we're screwed.

Thread Information