Page 12 of 208 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    took me awhile to figure out what the that was.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cowboy Fan hysteria cracks me up.

If this were a baseball team, and they were 1 game back in the division with 14 games to go, you wouldn't see anywhere near the despair and hopelessness that Cowboy fans have this week.

But because there is a week between games, and because Cowboy fans are among the most emotionally irrational fans of any pro sports team, the season is over and the house needs to be cleaned.

I think they're going to lose next week and still win the division.
    While I agree with you completely about how entertainingly overreactive the Cowboys fanbase is, if this were a baseball team, they'd have 160 games left in the season. The Cowboys just dropped two of the more winnable games on their schedule. They're probably going to end up lucking out that the division is pretty weak this season. If you had another team in the division that was likely to win more than 11 games they'd probably have no chance of even making the playoffs after going 0-3.

And if the Cowboys went 6-0 before losing a game, fans on Monday after the loss would be worried that they were going to miss the playoffs or that the team was starting their slide. There's a reason Randy Galloway calls it "overreaction Monday".

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    While I agree with you completely about how entertainingly overreactive the Cowboys fanbase is, if this were a baseball team, they'd have 160 games left in the season.
    But I'm saying that even if they were a baseball team 1 back with only 13 games left in the baseball season, the sky would not be falling.

I keep hearing numbers tossed out like only 22% of teams who start 0-2 make the Playoffs. Well, no . A lot of crappy NFL teams in league history have started the season 0-2, because they suck. Sort of skews the number.

The Cowboys, meanwhile, do not suck, and have played two horrible games that were still winnable in the last few minutes.

The Cowboys just dropped two of the more winnable games on their schedule. They're probably going to end up lucking out that the division is pretty weak this season. If you had another team in the division that was likely to win more than 11 games they'd probably have no chance of even making the playoffs after going 0-3.
    That's why I'm not that worried, the division just doesn't scare me and the Cowboys still play division opponents a lot more times this season. These losses hurt, no doubt. Our shot at a first round bye maybe be gone. But it all starts over in the Playoffs, and if this team is as good as most fans think it can be, they've got as good a chance as any NFC team when the postseason starts.

Watch them win the division at 10-6 and Overreactionary Cowboy Fan can find something else to complain about, like Romo's backwards hat or Dez Bryant being seen at Applebee's the Wednesday before the first Playoff game when he should have been focused on football.

But I'm saying that even if they were a baseball team 1 back with only 13 games left in the baseball season, the sky would not be falling.

I keep hearing numbers tossed out like only 22% of teams who start 0-2 make the Playoffs. Well, no . A lot of crappy NFL teams in league history have started the season 0-2, because they suck. Sort of skews the number.

The Cowboys, meanwhile, do not suck, and have played two horrible games that were still winnable in the last few minutes.

That's why I'm not that worried, the division just doesn't scare me and the Cowboys still play division opponents a lot more times this season. These losses hurt, no doubt. Our shot at a first round bye maybe be gone. But it all starts over in the Playoffs, and if this team is as good as most fans think it can be, they've got as good a chance as any NFC team when the postseason starts.

Watch them win the division at 10-6 and Overreactionary Cowboy Fan can find something else to complain about, like Romo's backwards hat or Dez Bryant being seen at Applebee's the Wednesday before the first Playoff game when he should have been focused on football.
    That's a load of and you know it. Dallas is effectively done. You hit it right on the head. Only 22% of teams that start 0-2 go on to the playoffs and forget having any success once there. The teams that start out that terribly are terrible.

And contrary to what you may believe Dallas is one of those terrible teams. So all the preseason hype and praise and love for the Cowboys turns out to be a bunch of unwarranted bull . Dallas, at best, is nothing but a bunch of run of the mill players who were severely, heavily overrated prior to the season and are now taking their rightful place at the bottom of the NFL barrel where they deserve to be.

27-17 Houston wins Sunday.

Post Count
    The Cowboys just dropped two of the more winnable games on their schedule.
    Which is exactly the problem...if they can't win "winnable" games...what is going to happen when they get to tougher opponents.

Post Count
    That's a load of and you know it. Dallas is effectively done. You hit it right on the head. Only 22% of teams that start 0-2 go on to the playoffs and forget having any success once there. The teams that start out that terribly are terrible.

And contrary to what you may believe Dallas is one of those terrible teams. So all the preseason hype and praise and love for the Cowboys turns out to be a bunch of unwarranted bull . Dallas, at best, is nothing but a bunch of run of the mill players who were severely, heavily overrated prior to the season and are now taking their rightful place at the bottom of the NFL barrel where they deserve to be.

Yeah but to be fair, Dallas could go 19-0 and coming off back to back SB wins and you would still think they are overrated.

Yeah but to be fair, Dallas could go 19-0 and coming off back to back SB wins and you would still think they are overrated.
    That my friend is quite accurate.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    22% of those teams, at minimum, cannot be considered terrible.

We'll see.

Most likely, but it will be interesting to see how Houston responds to the most positive hype they've gotten in the history of the franchise. How are they at being front runners? Last time they went 2-0, things didn't go so well after that.

Post Count
    That my friend is quite accurate.
    See, something else we can agree on.

BTW..what do you think of the old school gold pants? I think they look sharp.

Post Count
    Which is exactly the problem...if they can't win "winnable" games...what is going to happen when they get to tougher opponents.
    I couldn't agree more. It's difficult not to be worried about a team that can't seem to beat two pretty easy opponents or to even take advantage of all the opportunities they've gotten so far. I guess for now we can keep rolling out that "they were the better team but lost" thing. Frankly, I think if you get beat by someone, they're almost always the better team.

Post Count
    22% of those teams, at minimum, cannot be considered terrible.
    Why not? Someone has to win a bad division, which is the basket most of your eggs are currently in. There's usually one near 500 division winner every year, right? That seems to match up pretty closely with the percentages.

Post Count
    IRVING, Texas -- David Buehler has hit half of his field goals in the first two games, which is a heck of a lot better than his performance in Wednesday's practice.

Buehler made his first attempt from 23 yards. Then he missed the next four before the media was shooed inside.

Wide left. Wide right. Wide right. Wide right. None of the kickers would have been considered long-distance attempts by NFL standards.

The kicker was a concern after he missed a key attempt in each of the first two losses, causing the Cowboys' coaches to significantly change strategy.

It appears to be a full-blown kicking crisis now.

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good god...please...I beg of you...

http://www.terezowens.com/jon-gruden...ors-surfacing/

The Dallas Cowboys are 0-2 and the panic button is close to getting pushed…rumors are circulating that Jerry Jones has reached out to Jon Gruden to gauge his interest in the head coaching position..According to my sources in Dallas, Jones has lost faith in Wade Phillips and believes the players have tuned him out…Gruden, who has settled into a nice little broadcasting career, has often said he’d like to go back to coaching in the NFL one day…the guy loves football so much he even serves as an assistant coach for a high-school football team…Gruden would definitely be an upgrade over Phillips…but it ain’t happening this year..wishful thinking by a rabid fan base..-TO
    awesome if this were to happen.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Most likely, but it will be interesting to see how Houston responds to the most positive hype they've gotten in the history of the franchise. How are they at being front runners? Last time they went 2-0, things didn't go so well after that.
    Yea, I am interested to see that too. Their biggest problem was finishing a game, whether or not it will still be a problem remains to be seen. Kubiak's playcalling also worries me

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    no way gruden or any coach with credibility will come in mid season jerry ed himself re signing fac fck wade and now hes gonna have to ride out this season

Hopefully Jon Gruden will be able to turn Tashard Choice into the 2,500 yard rusher he really is, tbh.

Parker/Nash/Wade Roddy Beaubois's Avatar
    Post Count
    IRVING, Texas -- David Buehler has hit half of his field goals in the first two games, which is a heck of a lot better than his performance in Wednesday's practice.

Buehler made his first attempt from 23 yards. Then he missed the next four before the media was shooed inside.

Wide left. Wide right. Wide right. Wide right. None of the kickers would have been considered long-distance attempts by NFL standards.

The kicker was a concern after he missed a key attempt in each of the first two losses, causing the Cowboys' coaches to significantly change strategy.

It appears to be a full-blown kicking crisis now.
    it was the ing wind

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys could lose a game due to kicking, but Wade Phillips apparently won’t lose any sleep over David Buehler’s field goal follies.

Phillips essentially shrugged his shoulders when asked about Buehler’s poor practice.

“We dropped a couple of passes today, too,” Phillips said. “I’m concerned with those.”

Phillips might have just set an NFL record for faultiest logic.

Buehler made a 23-yarder and then missed his next four kicks. None of the misses were from longer than 40 yards. That seems like something worth worrying about, especially since Buehler missed a key kick in each of the Cowboys’ two losses.

If a receiver drops four straight passes in practice, my suggestion is that he shouldn’t be thrown the ball with the game on the line. If the Cowboys need a clutch field goal, Buehler is the only option currently on the roster.

A lot of coaches would consider other options if their struggling kicker went 1-of-5 in practice. Phillips offers excuses and encouragement.

“You know, the wind was blowing today,” Phillips said. “The further you get out, the tougher it is. But that’s part of it. He needs to make all he can.”

According to weather.com, wind gusts reached the mid-teens Wednesday at Valley Ranch. But it sounds like the winds of change won’t be blowing when it comes to the kicker.

Parker/Nash/Wade Roddy Beaubois's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hopefully Jon Gruden will be able to turn Tashard Choice into the 2,500 yard rusher he really is, tbh.
    You're really staying butthurt over some dumb sanantonio cowboyfans comments for a while brah

dumb sanantonio cowboyfans
    touche

It's weird how San Antonio Texans fans are all funny and cool while San Antonio Cowboys fans are re ed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jay Ratliff's grandparents die in fire

By Calvin Watkins
    ESPNDallas.com
    ArchiveDallas Cowboys nose tackle Jay Ratliff will miss practice Wednesday and Thursday to attend the funeral of his grandparents, who died in a tragic house fire last week in Hahira, Ga.
    Arletha Ratliff, 74, died while trying to save her disabled husband, Willie, 84, during an early evening house fire Sept. 15, as firefighters tried to save the couple, according to published reports.
    Authorities said Willie Ratliff, a double amputee, was in a hospital bed. Firefighters' efforts to get inside the house to save the couple were prevented by the intense fire, smoke and extreme temperatures.
    "They found my grandparents and my grandmother was, I guess, holding my grandfather," Ratliff said, according to KRLD-FM in Dallas. "She climbed back in bed, like if they can't get him out, she's not leaving him."
    The cause of death was smoke inhalation.
    "It just took awhile to get in and locate them, and by that time they passed away," Hahira Fire Chief Dwight Bennett told WALB-TV.
    Willie Ratliff was a World War II veteran, and Arletha Ratliff a hospital aide.
    "Knowing they was in the house, you know, and they couldn't get to them, and get 'em out," Lemodis Lawrence, the couple's nephew, told WCTV-TV. "Just the thought of it really hurts me."
    Authorities determined the fire was caused by an electrical shortage in a washing machine.
    Jay Ratliff, who graduated from Lowndes High School in Valdosta, knew of the deaths before the Cowboys' game against the Chicago Bears on Sunday. The two-time Pro Bowler finished with two tackles in the 27-20 loss.
    Ratliff will fly to Georgia for the funeral on Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones' private jet. He is expected to play in Sunday's game at Houston.
    "That goes a long way with my family. He doesn't know how much I appreciate that. That means a lot to me," Ratliff said.
    Ratliff also said of his teammates: "They've really been incredible in this time. Just all the support, cards, the pats on the back, letting me know I'm not alone."
    Several of Ratliff's closest friends on the team -- Andre Gurode, Stephen Bowen and Marcus Spears -- declined to comment Wednesday, saying it was a family matter.
    "It was really a tough week for him," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "Football is certainly important but there are more things in life and so it was a real tough week for him. It was good for him to be around this football team in a tragedy like [that] cause he had a lof of friends and people supporting him."
    Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5602940

damn...that really sucks. RIP...

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    God damn that's ed up.

Post Count
    thats crazy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah football that is awful

Already been said but that is terrible. The part of her holding him in bed knowing she wasn't gonna leave him was sad as can be.

If only Jason Garrett was in that fire too...

Thread Information