Page 137 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Scouts gonna get fired because of Dak What a great pick

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    My boy is killing it out there.

#StartDak

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

Post Count
    I know it was somewhat unexpected, but this is why I was asking why all the fuss over Dallas' backup QB situation when they just drafted Dak. I didn't understand it, but good news for Dallas is his play has been electric.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I know it was somewhat unexpected, but this is why I was asking why all the fuss over Dallas' backup QB situation when they just drafted Dak. I didn't understand it, but good news for Dallas is his play has been electric.
    I was just telling my boys last night that the front office almost ed up several times. In the draft they wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch, tried to get Connor cook. Then in the off-season, jerry raved about Kellen "noodle arm" Moore, then when he went down, they tried to bring in nick foles smh.

Post Count
    I was just telling my boys last night that the front office almost ed up several times. In the draft they wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch, tried to get Connor cook. Then in the off-season, jerry raved about Kellen "noodle arm" Moore, then when he went down, they tried to bring in nick foles smh.
    Exactly - ultimately, no one remembers how a team gets somewhere (if Dax plays amazing, no one will cite the stuff above), but man, pro sports are weird.

I struggle with rookies about more than anyone in Basketball, so I get it, but it's pretty crazy.

Post Count
    Obviously the Boys get injured all the time, but man, if this team can stay healthy they are going to be damn good. That offense will put up some points and if they can have a few play makers on defense step up?

Going to be a very, very, good team, at least 10 wins if healthy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Exactly - ultimately, no one remembers how a team gets somewhere (if Dax plays amazing, no one will cite the stuff above), but man, pro sports are weird.

I struggle with rookies about more than anyone in Basketball, so I get it, but it's pretty crazy.
    Yup and as good as he has looked, I hope Romo stays healthy and Dak uses this year to learn the system and work on his game.

What do you think about the run game? I wanted Jalen Ramsey and it looks like we should have picked him. Zeke is a swagboy so I support him but Morris looks good.

Post Count
    Yup and as good as he has looked, I hope Romo stays healthy and Dak uses this year to learn the system and work on his game.

What do you think about the run game? I wanted Jalen Ramsey and it looks like we should have picked him. Zeke is a swagboy so I support him but Morris looks good.
    I called the Zeke pick in the draft; so I understood the logic. It was both a ticket sales thing & a talent thing. Ultimately I think the run game is going to be something to behold. That was before Morris showed well. With Zeke in the fold and a high quality back up to spell him or replace in the event of injury this offense is going to be nuts.

It's hard enough to stuff the run vs Dallas already and now they have healthy Romo/Dez to spread defenses out thin and a legit, young stud at RB.

I know people think you can put anyone behind that o-line and have success and that RB's have short-life spans; all true. But in the now, a great RB behind that o-line is something you just can't pass up on and it seems like Dallas has a great RB. Whether he ends up being a longer-term "value" or not is not the question; it's about trying to win now and Zeke gives you the best shot IMO.

He will have more of an impact than any defensive player they could have drafted because of the situation IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    kkk.. missed the god damn game again

Dak

Silver&Black
    is this ing guy serious?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Obviously the Boys get injured all the time, but man, if this team can stay healthy they are going to be damn good. That offense will put up some points and if they can have a few play makers on defense step up?

I agree.. Marinelli and the line coaches will get the most out of whatever patchwork defense we're left with, and we'll get better as the suspended players return. Assuming our offense returns to what it was the year before last, a middle of the pack defense should still be enough to win them a lot of games.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    kkk.. missed the god damn game again

Dak

Silver&Black
    is this ing guy serious?
    Yeah....he's legit. I watched every snap he's ever taken in College (you can safely call me biased though), but he did break EVERY record at Mississippi State. And I do mean EVERY record. Was leading the Heisman at one point and got my squad to their first #1 ranking in school history....plus he won the most games in school history. And you've got to remember...it's Mississippi State. We don't get 5 star recruit after 5 star recruit here. He got a DUI right before the draft....that has a lot to do with his draft position.

He went against SEC defenses also. That's the best compe ion you're gonna get in College. BTW....we had the worst Offensive Line in the SEC. Give him an O-Line as good as the Cowboys...........Gud Lawd.

Now let's talk about his on the field play. He's a workhorse and born leader. Like I said last week...the back shoulder throw is his bread and butter. He's $$$ with that throw. And he is a POCKET PASSER. He's very capable of going through the progressions quickly. He can scramble and stiff arm a DB/S if necessary, but Dan Mullen also tried his best to keep Dak in the pocket.

That stiff arm against LSU in Death Valley

Last edited by Silver&Black; 08-20-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Post Count
    It's just goes to show you - I don't think there is anything more difficult in all of pro sports than drafting QBs. It's wild where the great ones come from seemingly compared to the accolades QBs get in college. Projecting most QB's from college to the pros' seems impossible.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah....he's legit. I watched every snap he's ever taken in College (you can safely call me biased though), but he did break EVERY record at Mississippi State. And I do mean EVERY record. Was leading the Heisman at one point and got my squad to their first #1 ranking in school history....plus he won the most games in school history. And you've got to remember...it's Mississippi State. We don't get 5 star recruit after 5 star recruit here. He got a DUI right before the draft....that has a lot to do with his draft position.

He went against SEC defenses also. That's the best compe ion you're gonna get in College. BTW....we had the worst Offensive Line in the SEC. Give him an O-Line as good as the Cowboys...........Gud Lawd.

Now let's talk about his on the field play. He's a workhorse and born leader. Like I said last week...the back shoulder throw is his bread and butter. He's $$$ with that throw. And he is a POCKET PASSER. He's very capable of going through the progressions quickly. He can scramble and stiff arm a DB/S if necessary, but Dan Mullen also tried his best to keep Dak in the pocket.

That stiff arm against LSU in Death Valley

Yeah a lot of it is skill but a lot is luck if Dak goes to another team with a crappy offense line who knows what happens to him. But have to say I know this is early but I think we have found Romos' replacement the kid has that "Something" that makes him better then other players.

As far as running back this year I would go with Alfred, Elliott, Jackson, McFadden - I would put Dunbar on PUP or release him. As to the future just keep ******,Afred, and Jackson and get real FB.

All ready looking at next years draft when was the last time we could say that we don't need to draft a QB,RB, or Line Man in next years first round pick?

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Already missing my boy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And he graduated with his Master's degree. Dak is going to be special.

It feels good looking forward to the team post Romo now. I no longer fear going through another carousel of ty QBs like we did after Aikman hung em up.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I love my team

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As long as we don't have to play Wilcox EVER... we don't need Ramsey, for now. We have Byron Jones for FS and Church and Heath for SS. Maybe someone fast like Anthony Brown or Olatoye can be both a backup swing corner or swing free safety.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree.. Marinelli and the line coaches will get the most out of whatever patchwork defense we're left with, and we'll get better as the suspended players return. Assuming our offense returns to what it was the year before last, a middle of the pack defense should still be enough to win them a lot of games.
    Win a lot of games? 10? lol, brain is poisoned by last year and the 8-8 era. Now injuries can always bite us in the ass AGAIN, but the law of averages would dictate otherwise. An offense as dynamic and powerful as ours combined with a middle of the pack D is good enough, historically, to contend for and even win Super Bowls (think 2006 Colts, 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2014 Patriots). The sky is the limit for the Cowboys this year, barring injuries.

Speaking of the defense, I don't think it's going to be patchwork at all, except for maybe at the DE position specifically until Lawrence (at least) gets back. Call me a sinner but David Irving looks even more impactful than Lawrence (but he rested yesterday). Lawrence is awesome though, he's pissed that the NFL threw him out with the Gregory/Hardy/McClain bathwater for taking his back pain meds & he's going to push 15 sacks even in only 12 games.

The other DE position is a large question mark for the first 4 games. Is Benson Mayowa that good, as the coaches are raving about, and just played in the wrong scheme in Oakland? We already have revived the careers of at least one or two ex-Raiders castoffs from that lousy franchise (Brice Butler comes to mind), can we turn Mayowa into a top half or better NFL DE who can get consistent pressure and some sacks?

Shaniel Jenkins looks like a really good backup DE option, knack for getting around OTs and getting to the ball, definitely hope we keep him.

I've seen enough of Ryan Russell and I say we cut him or make him a practice squad guy for now. The dude just isn't disruptive to the enemy offense, sorry.

What I'm VERY enthusiastic about, for a change, is our interior lineman (DT) corps this year. T. Crawford, M. Collins, Thornton and T. McClain with J. Crawford a good utility guy who can play all along the DL very well in limited stretches. That's a very solid upper-tier corps that will get push up the middle and, most importantly, consistently stuff runners with A-gap ideas forcing backs to try to run laterally (particularly Thornton/McClain, so glad to have finally jettisoned that Charmin soft loser Nick Gayden in the middle). And the pocket will actually move backward this year, 3-techs will pressure QBs and Crawford/Collins will have sack opportunities as well as the DEs depending on who OLs choose to double. It's going to be awesome, really. Not as awesome as if we had a proven Pro Bowl pass rusher, but if we have say, 1 potential pro bowl DE plus at least 2 good ones, that's good enough.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

(Not talking about Kobe)

Plus four in the playoffs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The most encouraging thing about the (1st and 2nd string) DL guys on the team is that the reports from training camp/practice are saying that they held their own and got pressure roughly half of the time against the likes of Tyron Smith, Lael Collins, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, and Doug Free. If they can beat these guys half the time... just can't help but feel sorry for the egos and prides and spirits of the other 31 OL tandems in the NFL this season, or at least the 13 teams we see this season plus our playoff opponents...

This team will be up 21 nothing before you can blink an eye. The will only have trouble against high powered teams. But there are only a few that will be able to keep up. I see them a lot like that saints team in 2009.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This team will be up 21 nothing before you can blink an eye. The will only have trouble against high powered teams. But there are only a few that will be able to keep up. I see them a lot like that saints team in 2009.
    Yes. Exactly.

Or, the 2007 Cowboys team with the best OL in the league instead of one of the worst.

Man so glad we didn't draft Bosa!!!!!

Thread Information