Page 161 of 208 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's going to be great watching Jones put Rm back in the lineup, just in time to get into his usual form by December.
    He's not gonna do it. Dak starts next game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    elliott is quite a bit faster and shiftier, but DeMarco did way better than Barber
    nah elliott is faster, better hands, better pass blocker and shiftier. elliott has HOF potential, murray doesn't.
    I think he's a tad faster, and more willing to stick his head in on a defender but essentially the same skillset. Good hands and shiftiness are also Murray strengths. He does have way more potential though obviously considering he is the 4th pick and performing at a level that took Murray like 3 years to achieve
    Last edited by DJR210; 10-17-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Elliott has good speed, and he can get up to max velocity quickly, but....he doesn't have great speed like a Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, O.J.Simpson, Eric erson, Gale Sayers. Not as fast as Tony Dorsett.

100 Meters
    2011 Outdoor 10 11.10a
    2012 Outdoor 11 11.03a
    2013 Outdoor 12 10.95a

Let's say he was faster in 2014/2015, how about 10.65? Jamaal Charles ran a 10.18 at Texas, Reggie Bush ran a 10.4ish in HS, O.J.Simpson ran a 9.4 yards, that's about a 10.35ish meters. Tony Dorsett ran a 9.5 yards, so 10.45ish.

But.....Elliotts ability to burst, to hit MV quickly gives this illusion of great speed, and as a RB that really is more important than 100m jets.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-17-2016 at 12:10 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Elliott has good speed, and he can get up to max velocity quickly, but....he doesn't have great speed like a Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, O.J.Simpson, Eric erson, Gale Sayers. Not as fast as Tony Dorsett.

100 Meters
    2011 Outdoor 10 11.10a
    2012 Outdoor 11 11.03a
    2013 Outdoor 12 10.95a

Let's say he was faster in 2014/2015, how about 10.65? Jamaal Charles ran a 10.18 at Texas, Reggie Bush ran a 10.4ish in HS, O.J.Simpson ran a 9.4 yards, that's about a 10.35ish meters. Tony Dorsett ran a 9.5 yards, so 10.45ish.

But.....Elliotts ability to burst, to hit MV quickly gives this illusion of great speed, and as a RB that really is more important than 100m jets.
    Elliott looks pretty damn fast for a guy that didn't really get advertised as having break away speed pre-draft.. The mental/patience part of it that he was lacking the first two games makes up for his 4.5 speed vs a Chris Johnson 4.2 who just had to turn a corner to be in the clear

I agree.. I think Jerry feels the pressure regarding his stance on Tony starting and doesn't go away from it completely, but at least delays it under the guise that they are "being patient" w/ his return.
    Last edited by DJR210; 10-17-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Elliott looks pretty damn fast for a guy that didn't really get advertised as having break away speed pre-draft.. The mental/patience part of it that he was lacking the first two games makes up for his 4.5 speed vs a Chris Johnson 4.2 who just had to turn a corner to be in the clear

I agree.. I think Jerry feels the pressure regarding his stance on Tony starting and doesn't go away from it completely, but at least delays it under the guise that they are "being patient" w/ his return.
    Elliott had a ton of long runs while at OSU, everyone knew about his speed. He just was more than that. Most knowing about his HS hurdling exploits.

Curtis ey out of Texas A&M is the fastest NFL RB in history, he was actually world ranked at 100m. He ran a 10.10, no RB has ever ran faster. But....he couldn't stop and start, it took him awhile to build up his MV, so that is why you are.."who?'. He was a "good" NFL back had a 1000 yard season wth the Colts but his great speed was never really talked about. Elliott has that burst, then ey would catch him and ....gone.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Elliott had a ton of long runs while at OSU, everyone knew about his speed. He just was more than that. Most knowing about his HS hurdling exploits.

Curtis ey out of Texas A&M is the fastest NFL RB in history, he was actually world ranked at 100m. He ran a 10.10, no RB has ever ran faster. But....he couldn't stop and start, it took him awhile to build up his MV, so that is why you are.."who?'. He was a "good" NFL back had a 1000 yard season wth the Colts but his great speed was never really talked about. Elliott has that burst, then ey would catch him and ....gone.
    Who does Elliott remind you of? He reminds me of Curtis Martin.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You never know. Jurruh has been a re for so long tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is true.. re ation and senile, possible early onset Alzheimers too.. Hopefully the coaches/son of owner opinion by committee approach is enough to override the owner's BS

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good question and as of right now....hmmmm? I now need to see some youtude of Curtis Martin, refresh my memory.

But....only a few RB's really stood out as unique....Eric erson...the most obvious, the cat...pranced. Barry Sanders with that herky jerky stop and go. The smoothest runner ever...Tony Dorsett, pretty to watch. Roger Craig and those knees...ha~~~

Look at how this cat holds his hand, yep, unique.

Last edited by Avante; 10-17-2016 at 01:36 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    DeMarco is essentially the same back and led the league in 2014
    I disagree tbh Murray had a few good games with our elite offensive line but proved to be a fumbling got and disappeared when it matter most. MB3 had much more longevity here and was a more complete back than Murray imho

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    good morning swagboy family. barely got any sleep. its going to be a boring 2 weeks but we should get scandrick and dez back
    Really looking forward to getting Scandalous back and of course Dez makes us a completely different team. Butler has been outstanding though with his progress.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good question. He reminds me of a mix between Natron Means and Chuck Muncie.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I disagree tbh Murray had a few good games with our elite offensive line but proved to be a fumbling got and disappeared when it matter most. MB3 had much more longevity here and was a more complete back than Murray imho
    DeMarco did have a few fumbles but not enough to be labeled fumble prone, even that year. Barber's best year was as the red zone finisher opposite of Julius Jones IMO, he was just a fan favorite who's actual effectiveness was blurred because of his violent running style

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's already backpeddling hard after saying this was Tony's team. You're right though...he does some re ed things.
    But his ego trumps everything else and right now, they're on a roll. He wants nothing more in the world than to get back to the Super Bowl.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Really looking forward to getting Scandalous back and of course Dez makes us a completely different team. Butler has been outstanding though with his progress.
    Also Chaz Green and Claiborne. Chaz is a big piece as Tyron has been banged up and Free is old and oft injured. Heck I'd argue Chaz > Free right now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He has been good, he's a true talent - his bonehead mistakes/penalties are his only drawback. He's young though, he should grow out of them.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He has been good, he's a true talent - his bonehead mistakes/penalties are his only drawback. He's young though, he should grow out of them.
    In the third quarter alone he dropped 2 perfect passes in a row from Dak -- cost us 4 + 3 = 7 points, and could have been worse.

The first was a slant into the endzone he should have caught and scored (on 3rd down), and the second would have moved the ball from the 3 yard line to midfield and spared Dak that costly interception the next play. Should have caught both.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's 3rd and 7...all Linehan needs to do is call a play for Beastly:

1st and !

Man, I forgot how great Romo was prior to his injury setbacks, tbh..3rd in MVP..

Most underrated QB of this generation..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Man, I forgot how great Romo was prior to his injury setbacks, tbh..3rd in MVP..

Most underrated QB of this generation..
    problem is he's missed close to half his own generation with broken backs and shoulders.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Dayum.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Dayum.
    minor, will heal in 3 days and we have a bye. Non issue

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    minor, will heal in 3 days and we have a bye. Non issue
    Not disagreeing with your assessment... I'm just surprised Shannon called him out like that

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i believe dez, fucc shannon and skips hating asses.

swagboy family we got one with dak. unlike romo, he's all football all the time. you don't have to worry about him going on vacation a week before a crucial playoff game.

Anybody catch Cole Beasley on ESPN LeBa 's radio show yesterday? Crazy little man complex Seems like a likable man, though, tbh..

Thread Information