Page 195 of 208 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Joseph Randle done lost his got damn mind

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local...g-10920259.php

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the boys should go after Mario Williams to be their War Daddy

Jerry Jones looking for a 'war daddy' pass-rusher
    http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowb...dy-pass-rusher

Mario Williams released by Dolphins
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the boys should go after Mario Williams to be their War Daddy

Jerry Jones looking for a 'war daddy' pass-rusher
    http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowb...dy-pass-rusher

Mario Williams released by Dolphins
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
    No... no. He's 32, washed up, and oft injured. He had 1.5- ing-sacks in 13 starts last year... he'd literally be the worst guy on our DL. Rather have 25 year old Benson Mayowa who had 6 sacks in 6 starts and 7 additional games played as the situational pass rusher. Even Tyrone ing Crawford, who I want to get rid of badly, is better than Williams at this point.

That's exactly the worst kind of move we can make. We might as well bring back Ware who knows the system and will cost a quarter of Mario Williams' price. I'd rather have Ware as a DL coach, but I'd rather sign him as a player over Williams for that price tag for an old dude with nothing left in the tank.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jaylon Smith, absolutely. Myles Jack wasn't an impact player on a 3- ing-win team. And his knee is bone-on-bone and won't last 5 years. Noah Spence is a decent pass rusher but he's not the kind of guy who will ever get you 10+ sacks per season. Tends to get stonewalled at the line of scrimmage when his speed rush doesn't work. Doesn't always have the drive and passion you need in an elite pass rusher.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    boys under cap now after restructuring frederick/t smith

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    boys under cap now after restructuring frederick/t smith
    Lee, Witten next, perhaps Dez as well. And this is all before trading/releasing Romo. We can afford to use the full cap before signing draft picks because we'll just cut Tyrone Crawford at June 1st.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo to hit free agency. Mediocre strong safety Barry Church overpaid to the Jacksonville Jaguars. We have 2 fine strong safeties behind him and a third who's an up and comer in Frazier, no surprise by us. But we absolutely need to keep at least one of the CBs, Wilcox, Terrell McClain.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Doug Free is gonna retire.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Doug Free is gonna retire.
    So all of the names us Cowboy fans hated for a long time for making stupid mistakes are gone now... first Hayden and Berneadeau last year, now Wilcox, Church, and Free are out the door this year.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    So all of the names us Cowboy fans hated for a long time for making stupid mistakes are gone now... first Hayden and Berneadeau last year, now Wilcox, Church, and Free are out the door this year.
    Barry Church is that guy who you never notice on defense because he doesn't make glaring mistakes but is not a playmaker either. He'd be fine if he was surrounded by Pro Bowlers but as the "leader" of the defense? This defense needs a major overhaul. Other than Sean Lee, I could really careless who we lose. Nobody is a difference maker by themselves. Wilcox has some highlight reel hits where he doesn't wrap up but that's about it. Not disciplined, average at best in coverage, and notoriously poor with tackling angles. Free sucks too.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Barry Church is that guy who you never notice on defense because he doesn't make glaring mistakes but is not a playmaker either. He'd be fine if he was surrounded by Pro Bowlers but as the "leader" of the defense? This defense needs a major overhaul. Other than Sean Lee, I could really careless who we lose. Nobody is a difference maker by themselves. Wilcox has some highlight reel hits where he doesn't wrap up but that's about it. Not disciplined, average at best in coverage, and notoriously poor with tackling angles. Free sucks too.
    Sean Lee is the leader. Church was a solid tackler and a slow speed, below average athlete. Wilcox had a walnut for a brain.

Jaylon, we also need one of DLaw or Irving to come around this year to be the double digit sack guy, the other probably doesn't get his contract renewed next year tbh

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Sean Lee is the leader. Church was a solid tackler and a slow speed, below average athlete. Wilcox had a walnut for a brain.

Jaylon, we also need one of DLaw or Irving to come around this year to be the double digit sack guy, the other probably doesn't get his contract renewed next year tbh

I don't think either of them will get double digits. Irving looks really good at times but so do a lot of NFL players over short stretches. I just don't see anything special in him.

Lawrence atleast seems like a guy who will consistently give you 5-7 sacks a season if he remains healthy along with solid run support. I guess he's like the Barry Church of defensive ends if he can stay healthy for a season. Solid, balanced player but not somebody who will keep you up at night as an opposing team's offensive coordinator

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I don't think either of them will get double digits. Irving looks really good at times but so do a lot of NFL players over short stretches. I just don't see anything special in him.

Lawrence atleast seems like a guy who will consistently give you 5-7 sacks a season if he remains healthy along with solid run support. I guess he's like the Barry Church of defensive ends if he can stay healthy for a season. Solid, balanced player but not somebody who will keep you up at night as an opposing team's offensive coordinator
    we already have a waaaaaaaaaay overpaid 5-7 sack a season run stopper in TCrawford, we don't need another one. What we need desperately is that 15+ a year x-factor guy who is a threat to get a big hit, sack, pressure, turnover, tackle behind the line, or deflection on every given down.

What about Mayowa? If he had played all 16 games he had a prorated 9.6 sacks last year

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    we already have a waaaaaaaaaay overpaid 5-7 sack a season run stopper in TCrawford, we don't need another one. What we need desperately is that 15+ a year x-factor guy who is a threat to get a big hit, sack, pressure, turnover, tackle behind the line, or deflection on every given down.

What about Mayowa? If he had played all 16 games he had a prorated 9.6 sacks last year
    if he hadn't got benched for poor effort

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

Well I just re-read my post and I don't think I did a good job wording it properly. I made it seem like Lawrence is a guy we should keep when I meant to imply that him and Irving are both JAGs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jaylon Smith is moving pretty well based off the twitter video he posted yesterday.. Dude should be ready for the start of the season

Post Count
    can he play cornerback?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Well I just re-read my post and I don't think I did a good job wording it properly. I made it seem like Lawrence is a guy we should keep when I meant to imply that him and Irving are both JAGs.
    Lawrence has been worse than a JAG to date because of the injuries. He showed flashes of being an above average starting DE in 2015 when he wasn't injured, though. Also Irving showed flashes of being amazing but he also seemed to fizzle other times. I don't think he's a JAG. He's an interesting case. We'll find out what he is this year when he's playing for 7 figure money.

JAG = Jack Crawford, Tyrone Crawford... Terrell McClain, Cedric Thornton, as well as the nose tackle we just signed (Paea). Those guys are JAGs because they just don't have the talent and you know they're maximizing themselves when they get you 5 sacks a year but are stonewalled the majority of the time, they try their heart out to be just "okay" and it's not good enough to beat the best teams. They might make a play or two here and there but they're never going to take over a game on defense. With Irving and Lawrence it's different because they have the talent... they just haven't put it together, whether it be consistency issues (Irving) or injuries (Lawrence). Both are on contract years in 2017 so let's see what they can do as they'll likely be the starters on both sides to start the year.

A true JAG simply is incapable of the kind of games Irving had against Green Bay (the first one, in Lambeau) and the home game against Tampa late in the season. If you have that kind of dominant performance on your resume, coaches are going to expect a lot more of you (and they should).
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 03-18-2017 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    can he play cornerback?
    Not corner, but JSmith can probably play Strong Safety, which is another hole though I do like Jeff Heath...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    According to Wojtek, there's a possibility the Cowboys could trade for Richard Shermann

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    According to Wojtek, there's a possibility the Cowboys could trade for Richard Shermann
    Makes sense. Seahawks need a quality QB. Win win.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

That's a really tough call, I'm assuming they want our first rounder but I wouldn't do it. We need a pass rush more than anything and this is just squandering a good pick for a 29 year old cornerback who won't have the pass rush/safety help he had in Seattle. Also, our puppet head coach wouldn't be able to handle him. He'd just let him do whatever he wanted while calling him a 'passionate leader' just like he does when Dez keeps breaking rules and did the one year we had Hardy.

He'll just make the GarrettBot look like a bigger joke than he is.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's a really tough call, I'm assuming they want our first rounder but I wouldn't do it. We need a pass rush more than anything and this is just squandering a good pick for a 29 year old cornerback who won't have the pass rush/safety help he had in Seattle. Also, our puppet head coach wouldn't be able to handle him. He'd just let him do whatever he wanted while calling him a 'passionate leader' just like he does when Dez keeps breaking rules and did the one year we had Hardy.

He'll just make the GarrettBot look like a bigger joke than he is.
    They're scant on the o-line. We have o-linemen crawling out of our ears. How about zack martin for sherman straight up

Thread Information