Page 46 of 208 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 5177
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rascal is kbp's troll.
    except that rascal was here well before kbp.

Post Count
    Emmitt was right.

100 million well spent Jerry!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys OL coach Hudson Houck has retired from football, and will be replaced by Jets OL coach Bill Callahan.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
    Jan 10 - 8:37 PM

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Which starters should the Cowboys replace?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...owboys-replace

CB Terence Newman

SS Abram Elam

ILB Bradie James

OLB Anthony Spencer

DE Kenyon Coleman

C Phil Costa

LG Montrae Holland

OG Kyle Kosier
    That's quite a few of the starters they want replaced. My question is, what should be the Cowboys' priority? And how should they go about this? Through the draft, through free agency, or in house?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be terribly upset if they kept Elam, Spencer, and Costa. I think they need to replace Kosier and continue with the youth movement on the offensive line.

I think their priority should be DB. Newman is done, and I don't particularly care for Scandrick. Frank Walker didn't have an impact. I think they need to upgrade this position through free agency. They need someone who can come in right away and play and make an impact.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think Walker was just a desperation signing anyway with how thin they were. Someone else will give Spencer more money than he deserves, and I think it is time to give Butler his reps anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    costa was awful early but got a bit better as the season wore on.Im not sold on spencer coming back dude is just a penalty waiting to happen.Kosier is injury prone but held up this year.Get help at guard,lb,safety and cb.Another impact d lineman wouldnt hurt either.

as long a tnew is gone im happy

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    as long as Jerry Jones is GM/owner/cuckold/alive we might as well find different interests during the months of September-December.

As long as he's reeling in the big bucks from the stadium, actually building a winning team is an afterthought

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    as long as Jerry Jones is GM/owner/cuckold/alive we might as well find different interests during the months of September-December.

As long as he's reeling in the big bucks from the stadium, actually building a winning team is an afterthought
    Jerry Jones the Owner approves of Jones the GM

At least one person thinks that Jerry Jones is doing a fine job as general manager of the Dallas Cowboys.

That person happens to be Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas last week, Jones said that he would continue in his role of general manager of the Cowboys, who lost three of their last four games to finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs in 2011.

Jones pointed out that of the 71 players who were on the Cowboys’ roster this year, 31 were new to the team. “I look at the mix of players, the veteran, the young player, where we're going to be with our core,” he said.

"I know we can do better, but I think there are some positives there."

He believes that adding a traditional GM would “deter from the mix” that he believes is working well in acquiring talent.

"The way we're structured and the way it is, our fans need to understand that I have the ability to go get anybody and any bit of information that there is, sports or football, and I do. I go get it. We get it from a lot of sources."

Of course, anyone can get information; the key is making the right decisions based on that information. With Jones as the GM, the Cowboys have qualified for the playoffs six times in the past 15 seasons and have won one playoff game.

I’d put up a poll on whether or not Jones should continue as Cowboys GM, but I suspect that Redskins fans would vote virtually unanimously to allow Jerruh to continue to select the players for their team’s chief rival.
    On one hand it's great to have an owner who's involved and willing to spend, but OTOH, he needs to leave the football decisions to football people...His vanity is killing the Cowboys.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

On one hand it's great to have an owner who's involved and willing to spend, but OTOH, he needs to leave the football decisions to football people...His vanity is killing the Cowboys.
    tbh Cowboy fans need to accept the harsh reality that this guy simply doesn't care about winning football games when he's raking in the money he is left and right. , I wouldn't give two s either if I was a billionaire who was a major icon for the NFL

I'm not gonna jump on another bandwagon or anything but this team will never win a superbowl with an owner who just doesn't give a about the product on the field just as long as they're somewhat compe ive.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bill Callahan is the new OC/line coach. Dude's offenses have been prolific, guess we'll see what happens.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    jesus wtf:

Bill Callahan was given two les Thursday, when he was officially added to the Cowboys' staff. He will be the team's offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

But Cowboys coach Jason Garrett is expected to continue calling plays.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    According to the Dallas Morning News, veteran QB Jon Kitna has decided to retire after 15 NFL seasons.

The 39-year-old dealt with a lingering back injury throughout the season's second half before landing on injured reserve in December. Undrafted out of Central Washington in 1997, Kitna went on to throw for 29,745 yards, 169 touchdowns, and 165 interceptions in 141 NFL games with the Seahawks, Bengals, Lions, and Cowboys. He's expected to turn to high school teaching and coaching in his home town of Tacoma. The Cowboys have been developing Stephen McGee to succeed Kitna as Tony Romo's backup.

Source: Dallas Morning News

also interested on how much play calling callahan does

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    At least Garrett is wise enough to realize that he needed some of the pressure alleviated and relinquished (at least some) of his duties as offensive coordinator.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Cowboys are expected to let free agent OLB Anthony Spencer test the open market.

According to Pro Football Weekly, Dallas wants to revamp the strong side of its defense and LE Kenyon Coleman may also be out. Spencer never took the next step as a pass rusher in five seasons with Dallas, maxing out with six sacks in 2011 and 2009. He'll still attract plenty of interest after forcing four fumbles this past season and playing tough run defense.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Some idiot team will overpay him.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Dez Bryant “detained” by police in Miami after fight

After making it through the 2011 football season without any (further) off-field issues or incidents, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has taken his talent for finding trouble to South Beach.
    According to WFAA-TV, Bryant was detained by police after a Sunday night fight at a Miami nightclub.
    A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Bryant was not arrested or charged.
    And in fairness to Bryant, he’s never been arrested. His off-field issues have related more to eligibility issues at Oklahoma State, allegations of unpaid debts, and a situation in which he had been banned from a Dallas-area mall.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    no charges filed....moving on.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Dez Bryant “detained” by police in Miami after fight

After making it through the 2011 football season without any (further) off-field issues or incidents, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has taken his talent for finding trouble to South Beach.
    According to WFAA-TV, Bryant was detained by police after a Sunday night fight at a Miami nightclub.
    A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Bryant was not arrested or charged.
    And in fairness to Bryant, he’s never been arrested. His off-field issues have related more to eligibility issues at Oklahoma State, allegations of unpaid debts, and a situation in which he had been banned from a Dallas-area mall.
    With Lil Wayne???

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

Nig Bryant

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What do you think about the Cowboys going after Cortland Finnegan?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...7067FEE9E656F0

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind finnegan but he's going to ask for a lot of money. I'd rather they draft a young db and use their FA money to go after Carl Nicks.

Thread Information