Page 5 of 208 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    so far, it's true. If Roy is gonna play like he has been, Dez needs to be in there.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    bump

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    o wait

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

(0-1)
    Last edited by slick'81; 09-12-2010 at 11:58 PM.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    Post Count
    Game Thoughts: Cowboys - Redskins

The Good:
    * Eventhough they had some trouble on 3rd down, the defense was good enough to win. They maintained pressure on Mcnabb although only finished off 1 sack. Run defense was stout, holding Portis to 18 for 63. Bottomline, if you hold the opposing team to 6 points, you should win the game.

* Although his carries were limited, Felix looked really good both on the toss sweep and screen passes. This guy needs to be starting and fed 15-20 carries a game. The running back by committee thing is not working. Barber looked decent also but I maintain that he needs to be a fullback.

* Austin and Dez were fantastic all game and Romo mostly made the right decisions. The passing game looked solid when Romo had time and wasn't being handicapped by drive killing penalties or bad play calls. Miles definitely played up to his contract. Once Dez gets a few more games under his belt, he will be the monster 2nd WR we all expect him to be.

The Bad:
    * Goodness...where to begin? Let's start with the playcalling...it is seriously killing this team. Jason Garrett must be trying to work his way to a head coaching job at Princeton because he obviously doesn't want to be here. Barber option pass in the red zone?!?! Hail Mary call with 4 seconds left on our side of the field?!?!?! Only 8 carries for Felix?!?!? 3 straight quick tosses to Dez when the secondary is crowding the line of scrimmage?!?!?! Jason has been a problem since 2007 and I do not know how he keeps his effing job.

* Next is the offensive line, which overall wasn't horrible. They gave Romo some decent time and the run blocking was not terrible except on 3rd and short. The penalties were just ridiculous though, especially with our Barbie swap out. We should have resigned Flozell and left Barbie on nickel, Barron is effing FAILED!

* Hey Buehler, how about not talking about your girlfriend's bloody crotch and mix in some field goals? You recreated Nick Folk's disastrous season last year by shanking what should be an automatic kick. You didn't even mix in a touchback last night, why are you still on this team?!?! We should be hitting up the waiver wires this morning...even Suisham would have made that kick last night.

* As bad as that playcall was at the end of the half, Romo and Ta- should have known better than to let it get that far. Tony should have went down after seeing nothing open and being pressured...Choice should have gone done immediately when he saw 25 Redskins surrounding him. Just stupidity all around, it was a play that pretty much defines this team's state of mind.

* Did Bruce Read become our special teams coach again last night? Are these guys just so used to not seeing a kickoff return that they forgot how to tackle? Maybe Watkins meant more to this unit than we thought, they were effing TERRIBLE!

* Eventhough the defense as a whole was solid, how do they lose Santana Moss so often on 3rd down. Are they ignoring him to double team Joey Galloway and (BJ?) Armstrong? The guy is their only respectable wide out, stick Newman on him all game and make someone else beat you! Their 3rd down zone coverages are the softest in the NFL.

* Hey Scandrick, when it is 4th and less than 5 yards on a FG attempt, you don't try to jump the effing snap count! Fortunately for you, the Skins holder did his best Romo 2006 playoffs impersonation and bailed you out. Still, another example of this team's stupidity.

Overall:
    As well as this defense played, I blame this loss on Wade. His defensive gameplan was fine but it was his training camp and preseason preparation that contributed to this team's low football IQ and willingness to make stupid penalties without the thought of being punished. Any real coach would have made head's roll with how poorly this team performed in the preseason yet all we get are excuses about how we didn't show our hand. I sure am glad we saved all the awesome plays for this game. Can't wait for Wade's press conference so I can hear about how we outscored Washington in the 2nd half and Barron graded out well minus the penalties...I know it is coming.

If the Cowboys play like this next week, Wade should be gone before the Houston game. Please Jerry, throw the money truck at Gruden, Cowher, Dungy...I'd even take Billick. EFF THIS TEAM!

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    mexicanjunior, very good post. You seem like a hardcore Cowboys fan. What are your thoughts on the following topics that are being hotly debated by Cowboy fans all over the world:

1. How many draft picks will the Patriots have to throw in along with Randy Moss for Dallas to let go of Tashard Choice?

2. What will Dez Bryant wear to his HOF acceptance speech? Will he mention his mother's sexual preferences?

3. Is Tony Romo being held back by his coaches? How many Super Bowls would he have if Jason Garrett was a half-decent OC?

4. Will ESPN revise the SportsCentury list of top 50 athletes of all time to include Miles Austin?

5. Should Jerry Jones take over as head coach? Should he also run for President and fix the economy as he wins a SuperBowl?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    mexicanjunior, very good post. You seem like a hardcore Cowboys fan. What are your thoughts on the following topics that are being hotly debated by Cowboy fans all over the world:

1. How many draft picks will the Patriots have to throw in along with Randy Moss for Dallas to let go of Tashard Choice?

2. What will Dez Bryant wear to his HOF acceptance speech? Will he mention his mother's sexual preferences?

3. Is Tony Romo being held back by his coaches? How many Super Bowls would he have if Jason Garrett was a half-decent OC?

4. Will ESPN revise the SportsCentury list of top 50 athletes of all time to include Miles Austin?

5. Should Jerry Jones take over as head coach? Should he also run for President and fix the economy as he wins a SuperBowl?
    You put way too much thought into this lame post. Shouldn't you be more concerned with your rapist QB coming back from suspension?

They'd have to throw in Tom Brady imo, Dallas needs solid insurance for Romo.

Post Count
    You put way too much thought into this lame post. Shouldn't you be more concerned with your rapist QB coming back from suspension?
    Hes a Steeler fan?

No Regard for Human Life AlleyOopNazi's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Sept 26 looks less and less hopeful for the cowgirls.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Hes a Steeler fan?

Six rings, got ...

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Six rings, got ...
    Making these posts when backed into a corner in the NFL forum is the only reason he's a Steeler fan.

not sure if this should be in the "Sucks choad loads" thread or here. But who really cares.

Its ing embarrassing to even admit Im a life long Cowboy fan after that game. Not sure why Im surprised. The way they handled the off season, and the way the team is coached, what the do you expect? Seriously, no reaction after that holding call. Im so numb to the stupidity of this team. So I'll watch, like a good little ing fan, but my passion for this team is zero. I might watch just for the commentator bashing, and comic relief.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not sure if this should be in the "Sucks choad loads" thread or here. But who really cares.

Its ing embarrassing to even admit Im a life long Cowboy fan after that game. Not sure why Im surprised. The way they handled the off season, and the way the team is coached, what the do you expect? Seriously, no reaction after that holding call. Im so numb to the stupidity of this team. So I'll watch, like a good little ing fan, but my passion for this team is zero. I might watch just for the commentator bashing, and comic relief.

you cant be surprised wade is still coach,garrett is still the future hc and the cowboys still have that mental block with regards to getting over not much else to say

How many times in the last few years have you said, "Wow, how does a team recover from a lose like that?!" bottom line is you dont. With this years schedule, are you ing kidding me?! We'll get out coached, out classed half the time, and beat ourselves the other half.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bring on chicago

Post Count
    Cowboy fans, I have a question.

Would you of rather of NOT made playoffs(or even gotten a playoff win) last year, and had Jones fire the staff? And of had a new staff this season.

Because Wade/Garrett and Co. will never get it done.

Post Count

Would you of rather of NOT made playoffs(or even gotten a playoff win) last year, and had Jones fire the staff? And of had a new staff this season.

No. You always want to make the playoffs period. If you ever get to the point that you want your team to not do well, turn in your fan card and watch ballet.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    the only thing stopping wade from getting fired is the talent level of that team. i guarantee you if they go 8-8 or worse he'll get fired, but that team has enough talent to probably win 10 games without a head coach, so who knows.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the only thing stopping wade from getting fired is the talent level of that team. i guarantee you if they go 8-8 or worse he'll get fired, but that team has enough talent to probably win 10 games without a head coach, so who knows.

exactly just like last season i wouldnt say they won in the regular season in spite of him he is a very good defensive coach but as a head coach, a motivator and leader i just dont see it

Post Count
    No. You always want to make the playoffs period. If you ever get to the point that you want your team to not do well, turn in your fan card and watch ballet.

Guess you believe in Wade.

Post Count
    Guess you believe in Wade.
    Far from it..but I do believe in the idea of a team's #1 goal is to win as much as possible. I for one, never wanted Dallas to hire Wade.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count

The problem is he likely wouldn't have fired the staff. He might have fired Wade and then made Garrett the head coach/offensive coordinator which doesn't solve anything.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    dez bryant i love u

great mutha in PR

Thread Information