Page 72 of 208 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bryan Broaddus has some good analysis on Romo's INT's:

• Two of the three interceptions Tony Romo threw in this game were just outstanding heads up plays by the San Francisco secondary. On the first pick of the day, the 49ers were in a single-high look with Eric Reid down in the box on the left side of the defense. Dez Bryant’s route took him right to left across the secondary. Tony Romo has to believe that Reid is going to stay down and play to the curl or flat, but instead he retreats directly back into the crossing Bryant. On the play you can see that Reid is reading him all the way by his reactions.

On the interception by Perrish Cox in the second quarter, Romo’s third of the day, the Cowboys lined up with Jason Witten and Gavin Escobar tight to the formation on the right side. There was no receiver to that side of the formation, so on Witten’s release, Cox worked inside with him -- along with safety Antoine Bethea. Cox, looking back at Romo noticed that Dez Bryant had beaten cornerback Dontae Johnson and had moved on to Eric Reid. Looking inside, Cox turned his head back outside to track the ball and cut off Bryant. Cox was underneath Bryant as the ball was coming down and was able to get his hands up to finish the play with an interception.

• It looked like Romo was looking for Bryant again on the audible that led to his sack near the goal line. It’s never a bad idea to try and get the ball to Dez Bryant when inside the five-yard line, but in this particular situation it was the wrong decision.

Chris Culliver and Eric Reid lined up playing coverage on Bryant inside and out. The options were limited with Bryant on the outside. Inside the box Romo was faced with six 49ers defenders, but he was able to match them with five offensive linemen and Jason Witten as a blocker. When the ball was snapped, the line and Witten all came off the ball like it was going to be a running
      play. Murray even started toward the line and created a pocket for Romo to put the ball in, but that never happened.

Romo’s eyes went directly to Bryant, who was working to get away from the coverage, on the outside left. Along the offensive line, Tyron Smith had stepped hard inside right, which allowed Justin Smith to swim over him and take a direct path toward Romo -- who was waiting to see what was going to develop on the outside. Bryant was caught in no man’s land on the route and Smith was able to finish the play and sack Romo.

If Romo had handed the ball to Murray going to the right side, the only defender that might have had a chance to stop him was Ray McDonald -- who was locked up with Zack Martin. I like my chances with Murray and a head of steam to get that one yard for the first down, or even better, find his way into the end zone.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...6-ca2457cc364b

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's hard enough being an FSU fan with that mother er as the QB. If the Cowboys pick him, I'm probably going to switch teams.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't see how his health plays a factor in his performance. He was moving around just fine out there, maybe he's not in mid season form, but I don't see how his back will cause him to see Dez in triple coverage as a better option than Williams on the single covered deep route.

If I was Dez and he injured my back on that play, I'm giving his ass a black eye when we get to the locker room.
    Truth bomb. Run.The.Damn.Ball.com

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If the new drug policy passes today Orlando Scandrick will be available to play on Sunday. So there's some good news.

If the new drug policy passes today Orlando Scandrick will be available to play on Sunday. So there's some good news.
    Is it? Scandrick kind of sucks all the s.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's the best CB on the team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What he did on the molly has nothing to do with his play in the slot. He's solid.

He's the best CB on the team.
    That's a sad statement.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sadly getting mo off the field for scandrick is probably a good thing

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's a sad statement.
    Where are you getting this notion that Scandrick sucks

INT's are not the defining factor of a CB.. He guards the slot receiver, and does a good job overall..do you understand how difficult it is to guard the slot?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sadly getting mo off the field for scandrick is probably a good thing
    Yeah Mo is garbage, and a waste of our highest pick in 10 years. He was rated as the top CB by pretty much everyone, but I think people need to start taking intelligence into their drafting decisions. He's completely worthless.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, Mo has not shown the playmaking ability that he showed at LSU. He gets lost way too easily in coverage.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, Mo has not shown the playmaking ability that he showed at LSU. He gets lost way too easily in coverage.
    Can you imagine the OL right now if we drafted the best available lineman at 6?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the OL right now if we drafted the best available lineman at 6?
    We wouldn't be stuck with Doug Free at RT any more.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We wouldn't be stuck with Doug Free at RT any more.
    Exactly.

Well tbh, Matt Kalil was already off the board, and after that it's all a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round talent as far as OL. Would have had to spend that pick somewhere else. We could have drafted Jonathan Martin, and had two sexuals on the roster..

How has Dontari Poe panned out? Haven't heard much about him..
    Last edited by DJR210; 09-13-2014 at 04:55 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Game day!!

I say Cowboys win 20-17.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah ^

That song is the sun in my cloudy skies. Go ans!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Free getting destroyed by Casey

and Murray fumbles again wtf dude
    Last edited by slick'81; 09-14-2014 at 12:18 PM.

you murray holy there is not one person on this entire team that isnt a complete pile of

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Don't hurt em demarco 11 car 83 yards td,1 fmb

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Can't wait to draft a RT 1 overall. .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rolando McClain will start at middle linebacker