Page 99 of 208 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    we got hardy, mcclain, mcfadden with the money we saved from NOT signing murry. after the restructure, we have thirteen million to play with and sign AP with. executive of the year doing big thangs

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    romo
    AP
    witten
    dez
    Oline

and the kraken causing havoc

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    we got hardy, mcclain, mcfadden with the money we saved from NOT signing murry. after the restructure, we have thirteen million to play with and sign AP with. executive of the year doing big thangs

So you are in favor of paying running backs big money?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

will mcclay found another gem

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So you are in favor of paying running backs big money?
    for a rare talent like AP??? yup

Haters mad AF rn

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hardy is about to get suspended. And McFadden is injured more than Murray, not to mention he sucks. Cowboy fans were crying about not enough money yet Romo still restructures.
    You're seriously trying to make fun of the Cowboys for not overpaying an overrated running back who's a product of the O-line? RB is the most replaceable position in the league for a reason.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hardy is about to get suspended. And McFadden is injured more than Murray, not to mention he sucks. Cowboy fans were crying about not enough money yet Romo still restructures.
    It's, at most, a 6 game suspension. It's not like he's going to be suspended for 12 games or season long suspension. That gives him 10 games to make an impact. I agree that Murray is a better back than McFadden, and I think the Cowboys will address the RB area via the draft. There are plenty of good backs in this draft. While others are on the Peterson bandwagon, I'm not sold on the Cowboys being players in acquiring his services.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    You're seriously trying to make fun of the Cowboys for not overpaying an overrated running back who's a product of the O-line? RB is the most replaceable position in the league for a reason.
    You can argue WR is just as replaceable. Also, Murray led the league in yards after contact so it wasn't all the line. Every good or great RB has a good or great line at some point. Doesn't take anything away from the RB. A RB who can pick up blitzes, break tackles, and catch out the backfield isn't really overrated. However, thats fine. It's the Cowboys saying how DeMarco is always hurt yet willing to pay Peterson big money being that he is older, and has 1100 more carries.
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 04-02-2015 at 09:05 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree with this from Blogging the Boys:

While the Cowboys have now answered all the immediate salary cap questions, one thing that the Romo restructure does not mean is that Dallas is looking to figure out a way to acquire Adrian Peterson. While the thought of a healthy and productive AD operating behind the Dallas offensive line is intoxicating, it is also extremely unrealistic. The costs are simply prohibitive. Even if you disregard the repeated assertions from the Minnesota Vikings that they have no intention of parting ways with Peterson, despite his apparent discontent, the team would almost certainly not simply cut him if they did give up on having him play. They would demand draft picks, which is not something that the current brain trust in Dallas would seem likely to go for. And Peterson has shown absolutely no willingness to take a lower deal than the $43 million that he is now scheduled to earn over the next three seasons. With the way Dallas has handled things financially so far, it is hard to imagine them committing those kinds of resources for a running back, not matter how superb he has been in the past. And despite his remarkable durability, Peterson is 30. Even he is going to lose a step at some point, and it would be a stupid bet that he would not do so on that kind of a contract.
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015/...lain-efe-obada

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    for a rare talent like AP??? yup
    i would agree but dudes 30

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i would agree but dudes 30
    like I said, AP is a rare talent and has fresher legs than any back from sitting out a year.

Romo is old, witten is old and we are in win now mode. We get AP and the superbowl is ours to lose

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ftr, I know we won't get AP

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I hope we do. Randle ain't gonna cut it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I said in an earlier post that the only way I foresee the Cowboys signing Peterson is if he comes dirt cheap. I just don't see how/who they would trade to get him, and the Vikes have said they aren't going to cut him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Why would we want to let one high priced RB go to sign another? Runners aren't worth big bucks anymore, sign em to 5 year deals as rookies and move on to the next after IMO. That 13 million is for draft picks and unsigned FA's.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm lukewarm on AD. He's a beast, but like others have pointed out, he's 30, and we can spend the $13M on filling holes (especially on defense).

McFadden with a rookie (hopefully Gordon or Gurley) will be able to get it done, cheaply. We also need more rushmen, CB, and S (to hopefully start at FS, move Church to the bench, and Wilcox to SS).

There are many moves we need to make, Peterson is not necessarily one of them.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good thing we don't have to pay Hardy for games he's suspended.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bloggingtheboys recently had an article about how Jerry needs to add Darren Woodson to the Ring of Honor. I agree. I think it's time to add some names in there. Who else deserves to be in that's not in it yet?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Adios Spencer

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ESPN is making a big deal and sending push notifications because the Cowboys website ran a point/counterpoint on Adrian Peterson and how it would be wise/unwise to pick him up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Honestly getting a little worried about the Dez situation.. pretty good read over @ dallascowboys.com..

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...2%80%99s-grown

Hopefully they can get him signed before the deadline.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If they can sign him before the deadline that will free up more money in cap space.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Almost draft time

Thread Information