Post Count
    Seeing the throws that Foles was making last week were brilliant passes. With that being said, if he repeats the performance and Eagles ring, Wentz shouldn't be considered MVP caliber.

Thoughts?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    By that logic, Brady's MVPs should be taken away because the Patriots still won with Cassel, Garappolo and Brissett.

Pederson has simplified the offense for Foles and he's not being asked to do as much as Wentz. They've also been able to lean heavily on Ajayi, Blount, and the stacked defense. It's basically a rerun of Struggle Wilson's career. Wentz is still the real MVP.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No team relied on their QB like the Seahawks did in 2017. And the MVP talk for Russell Wilson was very real. Just think the cat is running for his life and still led the NFL with 34 passing TD's. Any other QB would have totally failed behind that line and constant third and long. Only Russell Wilson could have pulled off what he did. Another pro bowl.

The Eagles can win without Wentz. The Seahawks would have gone 3-13 without Wilson. And....in the big showdown Wilson totally out played Wentz. Just as he did in 2016 vs Brady.

If his D had stayed healthy, Russell Wilson would be the MVP.

Wilson currently has the third-best MVP odds, at 11-to-2, behind Brady (8-to-11) and Carson Wentz (7-to-4), whose teams both sit in the No. 2 seed in their respective conferences.
    NFL Playoff Machine

See what the latest playoff picture looks like and simulate your own playoff scenarios.
    NFL Playoff Machine
    Wilson's MVP case certainly has credibility based on his own play. Consider:

• He's thrown or rushed for 29 of Seattle's 30 offensive touchdowns this season, or 97 percent (the one he didn't have a hand in is J.D. McKissic's 30-yard TD run in Week 4). According to ESPN Stats & Information, that would be the highest percentage of a team's offensive touchdowns coming from one player in NFL history.
    • Wilson leads the Seahawks in rushing by a wide margin with 432 yards. The next-closest player, running back Chris Carson (208), is on injured reserve and won't return for at least two more weeks, if he returns at all this season. That means Wilson has a very real shot to finish as the team's leading rusher. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, only four quarterbacks since the 1970 merger have done that.
    • Wilson has accounted for 86 percent of Seattle's scrimmage yards. According to the NFL, that would be the highest percentage by any single player in the Super Bowl era.
    • Wilson has thrown 26 touchdown passes, tied with Brady for second-most behind Wentz's 29. Fifteen of Wilson's touchdown passes have come in the fourth quarter, which, according to ESPN Stats & Information, ties the NFL's single-season record set by Eli Manning in 2015.

Wilson has the individual numbers to be the league's MVP. But, fair or not, his team may not have the wis
    [Gallery] Nobody Expected The News Anchor To Do This Trend Chaser

[Gallery] How Do You Say Wow In Russian? Just Look At These Pictures Direct Expose

Congress Urges Homeowners to Hurry & Claim Their $4,264 Rebate by Jan 31st The Better Finance

comment
    Last edited by Avante; 01-24-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It took his worst team to expose just how great Russell Wilson really is.

And, he could have been doing all this from day one. This run Lynch, run Lynch.....sheesh~~~~~~~

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Wilson didn't make the playoffs. Just stop.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If Wentz hadn't of been injured a great shot at being MVP, if Wilsons defense hadn't been injured (Wentz having his D) a great shot at being the MVP. But it was what it was so...Tom Brady MVP.

Thing is just being in the conversation, a big deal.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    MVP is just a “Best QB on one of the best teams who plays 90% of the season” award, so Wentz should have won it if he stayed healthy. If it’s truly a “most valuable player to his team vs anybody else with their team” award, Rodgers would win every year easily.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There is no doubt this years Seahawks team only won because of Russell Wilson, he was what % of the offense?

How many times did his running ability make the play, who else could have done that week in and week out, yep....nobody.

You all heard this how many times....."did ya see that, wow...Russell Wilson".....yep, all season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    MVP is just a “Best QB on one of the best teams who plays 90% of the season” award, so Wentz should have won it if he stayed healthy. If it’s truly a “most valuable player to his team vs anybody else with their team” award, Rodgers would win every year easily.
    Philly doesn't get the one seed and the SB appearance without Wentz, who was the clear-cut choice when he went down.

Post Count
    By that logic, Brady's MVPs should be taken away because the Patriots still won with Cassel, Garappolo and Brissett.

Pederson has simplified the offense for Foles and he's not being asked to do as much as Wentz. They've also been able to lean heavily on Ajayi, Blount, and the stacked defense. It's basically a rerun of Struggle Wilson's career. Wentz is still the real MVP.
    Not sure how to applied "that logic" there. Those guys won a few games but not a ring. If a Brady was on the bench throughout the playoffs and the ring, he just proved that he's not all that valuable. Simplify an offense all you want, Foles was making some rediculous throws and it's the playoffs.

Wentz is good, but he probably has the best supporting cast in the NFL, tbh..elite offensive line, good receivers, great defense, etc..

Offensive line, good play calling and receivers easily inflate QB play, we see it every year.. there's always an Andy Dalton or Derek Carr who looks good when everything is great around him, but crumbles when the supporting cast declines..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wentz is good, but he probably has the best supporting cast in the NFL, tbh..elite offensive line, good receivers, great defense, etc..

Offensive line, good play calling and receivers easily inflate QB play, we see it every year.. there's always an Andy Dalton or Derek Carr who looks good when everything is great around him, but crumbles when the supporting cast declines..
    Wentz's supporting cast wasn't nearly as good last year, but he was still impressive at times.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Wentz was a slightly below average QB last year.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wentz was a slightly below average QB last year.
    And he was a rookie.

Prescott's rookie year = Wentz's sop re year -- and,
    Wentz's rookie year = Prescott's sop re year.

The only difference which helps Wentz in the arguments is that the Cowboys used a bell-cow approach to a great running game in 2016, whereas the Eagles also had a great running game in 2017 but used a running back by committee approach. This leads the media to prop up the bell cow and diss Prescott, but bell cows are overrated, a running game is a running game.

The debate is far from over, but the two headed monster in the NFC bEast has a bright future.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Philly doesn't get the one seed and the SB appearance without Wentz, who was the clear-cut choice when he went down.
    Wentz is MVP. His injury didn't change anything other than he isn't playing in the SB (but post season isn't counted, anyways).

/thread

system QB Wentz..you could plug Johnny Football in there and they still at least reach the SB..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I called Wentz for MVP; and in truth I think he deserved it. But Brady played like an MVP tonight, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Foles is actually pretty damn good, watch the games. He takes a couple to get ramped up, but when he does, he is an upper tier non-mobile quarterback.

Did everyone who has said Foles sucked, honestly live under a rock in 2013? They would have challenged Seattle that year in the NFCCG if not for stupid Chip Kelly's system burning out their defense. Sean Payton was smart to commit to the running game that time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I called Wentz for MVP; and in truth I think he deserved it. But Brady played like an MVP tonight, tbh.
    & didn't protect the ball against Brandon Graham

I was about to call tuck rule

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    & didn't protect the ball against Brandon Graham

I was about to call tuck rule
    Blindside hits happen. But he was being a little cavalier in a condensing pocket.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There is a chance Wentz regresses, it does happen and if Foles is gone which he should be.....hmmmmm? You can't have a SB MVP sitting on the bench., it makes...0...sense. Ya either play him or ya trade him.

Prescott a good example of a cat who took a step back. RGIII the classc example.

Rigt now Foles is as hot as he will ever be, get all ya can for him right now. Yep, roll the dice that Wentz is the real deal.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Blindside hits happen. But he was being a little cavalier in a condensing pocket.
    Wasn't even close to a blindside hit, . Graham was lined up as the 1-technique defensive tackle over Shaquille Mason, Brady's right guard, meaning he came from literally right in front of Brady's face and to his strong (sight) side.

Fletcher Cox, the 3-technique DT for the play, was occupying both center David Andrews and LG Joe Thuney -- that's Cox's job, not to get the sack but to eat double teams

Christ Long, the strongside edge rusher for the play, was matched up one on one against RT Cam Fleming, a solid right tackle

Derek Barnett, the weakside edge rusher who ended up with the football, was matched up against LT Nate Solder, one of the best LTs in the NFL, so Barnett had no chance, but he backed off just in perfect time to scoop up the football.

So no excuse for Tomb Shady.
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 02-11-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information