Page 49 of 208 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    jerrys allready said they would move into the 2nd if they have too
    Drafting well so far, imo. We'll see what he plans on doing the rest of the draft.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I hope Jerry can find a way to get back into the 2nd. Possibly find a suitor that will take Mike Jenkins and 4th for a 2nd.
    No one is gonna touch Jenkins, until his shoulder injury clears up. Hes damaged goods right now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm thinking that Claiborne might be the PR for this year. Anything to keep Dez healthy and rested.

Post Count
    Well, Cowboys with only one pick today at #81. Still possible Jerry makes a move to the 2nd. Assuming they stay with that pick I'm going with S or WR. Broyles would be a great fit in the slot with Dez and Miles out wide.
    Last edited by Spurtacus; 04-27-2012 at 03:58 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kid was a homerun....a pipe dream. Trade Jenks...move Scandrick to Safety. We have Carr and Claiborne..our DB's got this.

Post Count
    He plays bigger then his listed 5'11 frame. Its great that his has WR experience and watching that video he plays the ball a lot like a WR.

Kid was a homerun....a pipe dream. Trade Jenks...move Scandrick to Safety. We have Carr and Claiborne..our DB's got this.
    So who plays CB in the nickel and dime packages???? Jenkins has little to no trade value. The Eagles got a 7th for Samuel, don't think Jenkins will bring much more. Plus he's only counting 1 million against the cap. Trading him doesn't make much sense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So who plays CB in the nickel and dime packages???? Jenkins has little to no trade value. The Eagles got a 7th for Samuel, don't think Jenkins will bring much more. Plus he's only counting 1 million against the cap. Trading him doesn't make much sense.
    It'll probably be Jenks..I was just overreacting, tbh...lol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Might as well just keep Jenkins for the last year of his contract. I doubt they'll get anything good for him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Might as well just keep Jenkins for the last year of his contract. I doubt they'll get anything good for him.
    Nah..they won't get for him. Heard a guy on talk radio yesterday saying "Why don't the Cowboys just trade Jenkins for Osi Umenyiora and a draft pick and get rid of him." I almost drove off the road laughing. The good thing is with Carr and Claiborne, they can probably afford to put the glass man in a limited role and not have to worry about it too much. He's still better than Newman was though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins reports that Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins is still on the trade block.

Per Watkins, there simply "appear to be no takers." Jenkins underwent a significant shoulder operation in January after separating the joint several times during the 2011 season. While he did show toughness, NFL teams maintain obvious medical worries. Watkins also passes along concern that Jenkins isn't rehabbing at the Cowboys' facility. He's working out on his own in Florida.

Source: ESPN Dallas

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The first practice of rookie minicamp for the Cowboys ended, and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan ambled off the field. He stopped to chat with reporters for the first time since the draft, and he made a point of saying he wouldn’t make any outrageous proclamations.

Then, in his first few sentences in front of microphones, Ryan made a bold statement. Outrageous? You can judge that. But he obviously didn’t think so.

“I just think we’ll be better than I think we’re gonna be,” Ryan said a few minutes ago on the field. “We’re gonna be damn good.”

You can’t blame the dude for being optimistic. Dallas had drafted CB Morris Claiborne with the No. 6 overall pick after adding a slew of likely starters such as Brandon Carr and Dan Connor in free agency. The guru patched it together last year, even with an insanely banged up group of defensive backs, but it’s clear he didn’t love how it all went down.

With that said, Ryan was asked if he felt more pressure in his second year, given the influx of talent. Um…. not quite.

“Yeah, I’m extremely nervous,” a laughing Ryan said, throwing the question right back at the reporter. “But I know one thing. When you add some excellent players like we’ve done, makes my job a of a lot easier. We’re looking forward to it… I’m excited. No question. I’m excited to be a Dallas Cowboy and I’m excited to run some of the stuff we’ve been talking about.”

Why will this year be better than last year? Well, for one, there is no lockout. There’s actually an offseason. And Ryan hopes to teach his complex system a little better.

“We weren’t always on the same page,” Ryan said. “We wanted to eliminate some bad football. I think when we look back at ourselves, reevaluate, I think I started too fast. We put in an accelerated program without English 101, which I always struggled with. We’ve always had the players, but we’re taking the time to re-teach everything, get some fundamentals here.“

No wonder Ryan is amped…

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/05/04/cowb...headline_stack

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo a top-5 quaterback? I don't have Insider, so hopefully someone who does could post the whole article. I found this rather interesting.

When a quarterback makes the jump to claim a spot among the top five players at that position, the move is usually accompanied by a high-profile achievement like winning a Super Bowl or breaking a statistical record.

That hasn't been the case for Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. He has only one career playoff win to his credit, hasn't topped the 40-touchdown or 4,500-passing-yard marks and has never been named to an All-Pro team.

The lack of these achievements has held back the general perception of where Romo rates in the NFL passing hierarchy, but the truth of the matter is the evidence shows that he is now one of the top five quarterbacks in the league.

Link

Post Count
    nvm
    Last edited by Spurtacus; 05-15-2012 at 05:41 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I also would like to see that insider article... pleeeeease?????

Post Count
    I don't think posting Insider articles is a good idea anymore given what's happening upstairs atm.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I read part of it, and was looking forward to reading it when I got home. Thanks a lot timvp!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Free agent safety Deon Grant said the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys are among teams who have expressed interest in his services during an interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio via Justin Rogers of Mlive.com.

Grant, a 12-year veteran, started nine games for the Super Bowl champion New York Giants last season. He made 64 tackles, defended six passes and had one interception.
    Link

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Free agent safety Deon Grant told Sirius/XM the New York Giants, Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys are interested in his services.

Multiple sources said the Cowboys are not interested in Grant.

For the Giants last season, Grant was credited by the team with 58 total tackles, two tackles for loss, two quarterback hits and six pass breakups.

Grant, 33, plays free safety and with the Cowboys signing Brodney Pool in free agency to pair up with Gerald Sensabaugh it doesn't make sense to sign him.

Also, the Cowboys used a fourth-round pick on safety Matt Johnson from Eastern Washington.

If anything the Cowboys are trying to get younger in their secondary, as evident by the team moving up to draft cornerback Morris Claiborne and signing cornerback Brandon Carr in free agency.
    Link

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Seriously? Delusional how? We know they suck. At least the real fans do. Doesn't mean we aren't going to cheer for them.

Cowboys fans have gotten a lot less delusional the last few years, but in 2007-2008ish they were as delusional as it gets.

Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ast-teams-rule

still far and away 'mericas team. ya, don't run, freedom aint free, Jason Witten no helmet etc.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Middle America's team

Thread Information