Page 50 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 5177
    NT? more like SO i said
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ast-teams-rule

still far and away 'mericas team. ya, don't run, freedom aint free, Jason Witten no helmet etc.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ast-teams-rule

still far and away 'mericas team. ya, don't run, freedom aint free, Jason Witten no helmet etc.
    I know of a certain someone that ed his Toby Keither boxers when reading this

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys fans have gotten a lot less delusional the last few years, but in 2007-2008ish they were as delusional as it gets.
    Just bought into the media's hype, tbh. Analysts were claiming them to be the most talented/best teams, so naturally Cowboys fans ate it up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lawrence Vickers shocked Texans let him go
    June, 7, 2012
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Now that we've gotten over the ants-in-the-pants episode with Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers, we can focus on why the Cowboys signed him and the Houston Texans let him go.

Texans running back Arian Foster rushed for 1,224 yards and 10 touchdowns last season behind starting fullback Vickers. Foster had seven games with over 100 rushing yards and three games with 30 or more carries. Foster is an elite running back, having rushed for 2,840 yards with 26 touchdowns the last two seasons.

Vickers was released by Houston when the season was over. It was an interesting decision by the Texans, given they signed Vickers to a two-year deal after the 2010 season. But salary-cap concerns forced the franchise to make hard decisions, which also included letting star linebacker Mario Williams go in free agency.

"It was a shocker, I was shocked," Vickers said. "I was shocked. Then by Foster getting his (new) deal I would think there’s more reason you got somebody that’s going to protect him. I guess they just didn’t value the position. I guess that’s what it is."

It's not like Vickers is a one-hit wonder, either. As Cleveland's fullback in 2010, he led the way for Peyton Hillis to rush for a career-high 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns.

But Vickers hit the free-agent market and signed with Houston for the two-year deal.

After 2011 ended, Vickers was placed on the open market and sought a team that valued the fullback position. Enter the Cowboys, who have always employed a fullback on the roster. When DeMarco Murray emerged as a talented force at running back last season, he praised the work of then-fullback Tony Fiammetta.

There was a thought Fiammetta would return to the Cowboys, but that changed when Vickers became available.

"That's why I'm here, because they value the position," Vickers said.

With Felix Jones, Phillip Tanner and Murray as the running backs, Vickers said he has to adjust his game for them and not the other way around. Developing a chemistry with the running back is key to any successful running game when a fullback is involved. Vickers said he has to see the holes just like the running back does, or create one when there's a wall.

"It's just the same approach, even if I was going to be with the same guy," Vickers said. "You approach it the same way, every year. So it never changes, always approach each year the same way as if we’re just meeting each other and we've got to get on the right page. Chemistry is a must, even being with somebody two or three years, chemistry is still the same. You're going to have different linemen and you're going to be going against different defenses (with) different things going on."

The italicized and bolded parts got me a little psyched about this guy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ton-let-him-go

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Cowboys were reportedly willing to use a mid-round pick on WR Josh Gordon in Thursday's Supplemental draft.

Brown GM Tom Heckert had already planned on selecting Gordon in the second round before he even knew the lottery had given him the second pick in each round. Dallas never had a shot. We have heard the Cowboys do not plan to extend Dez Bryant's rookie contract, but they still have him tied up through 2014 with the option of the franchise tag in 2015.

Source: Dallas Morning News
    Jul 12

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ing Dez....

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol Jerry Jones misses them glory holes

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Jones says Cowboys seek return to "glory hole" days of yesteryear

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones admits he is seeking “glory hole” days for his franchise, which last made the playoffs in 2009 and has won only two playoff games since its triumph over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XXX to close the 1995 season.
    Jones was offering praise to veteran tight end Jason Witten for saying the Cowboys cannot settle for “the same old story” again in 2012. Jones declared it good for younger players to hear such perspective from a player who has “been outstanding” but has “not gotten the brass ring.”
    Jones said Witten’s comments also motivate him. From there, he proceeded to launch into the most memorable comment of today’s opening news conference about the Cowboys seeking a return to their “glory hole” days of yesteryear.
    “For me, it’s a reminder,” Jones said. “I’ve been here 23 years. I’ve been here when it was glory hole days and I’ve been here when it wasn’t. And, so, having said that, I want me some glory hole. So I have that perspective.”

Shortly thereafter, Cowboys’ vice-president of public relations/communications Rich Dalrymple chimed in with a reminder that “glory hole” is a common expression in the oil and gas exploration business pertaining to a high-profit drilling site. Jones, a longtime oil man, feigned surprise.
    “That’s news to me,” Jones said, smiling.

_ Jimmy Burch

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ing facepalm. Just give the to Stephen, Jerry...please...

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Jerrah calling out the Giants...way to call out the team that just won another SB and owns you.
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 08-01-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Jerry can't stand the fact that the Giants sent his team home yet again. Opening night is going to be so much fun for the Giants.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Mara's comment in response to Jerrah was great.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys talking bout Plaxico

Source: Dallas, Plaxico Burress talk
    Updated: August 9, 2012, 7:22 PM ET
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Plaxico Burress, about signing the free-agent wide receiver, according to a source.

The Cowboys have young and inexperienced receivers fighting for the No. 3 position on the team, and are thinking of adding a veteran if no one emerges.

On Thursday afternoon, team executive vice president Stephen Jones told KTBB-FM in Tyler, Texas, that the team "wouldn't totally rule out Plaxico at some point."

Last season the Cowboys signed veteran Laurent Robinson as their No. 3 receiver, and he led the team with 11 touchdowns. In the offseason, Robinson signed a five-year, $32.5 million deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

With starter Miles Austin (hamstring) out, Kevin Ogletree moved up the Cowboys' depth chart and is getting first-team snaps with Dez Bryant.

Andre Holmes, Dwayne Harris, Tim Benford and Cole Beasley have been the standouts in training camp so far for Dallas' No. 3 receiver spot.

Beasley worked out of the slot with the first-team offense during Thursday's walk-through.

In a 10-year career, Burress has played for three NFL teams, with 550 catches for 8,457 yards and 63 touchdowns.

In September 2009, Burress was sentenced to two years in prison for violating gun laws in New York after he shot himself in the leg while at a nightclub. He agreed to a plea deal and pleaded guilty to a lesser firarms charge.

Burress was released three months early for good behavior and then signed with the New York Jets last season. He tied for the team lead with eight touchdown receptions and finished with 612 yards and 45 receptions.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...laxico-burress

2 defensive stops in a row erased by re ed ST penalties.

Yup, same old Cowboys.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo may die in preseason

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2 defensive stops in a row erased by re ed ST penalties.

Yup, same old Cowboys.
    Yup.

Same , different year.

Rinse and repeat.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Down to your 4th string center and you get the Giants D-line int the opener

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^Fortunately for them their starting C isn't much better than their 4th string C.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Witten out for preseason, possibly longer with spleen injury.

Witten out for preseason, possibly longer with spleen injury.
    of course.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    At least ya'll still have Bennett

/rimshot

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    At least ya'll still have Bennett

/rimshot
    I think if he ever turns out to be anything, it's just a situation where a player needed a change of scenery. Dallas relies heavily on TEs and he still couldn't get it done. With the abilities he had it was really a shame but they had to let him go.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe he's wising up a bit..and not a bad mentor to pick.

Dez Chooses Novacek As Mentor
    By Mike Fisher and Richie Whitt
    August 23, 2012 7:00 PM

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - All of his life – beginning with the moment Dez Bryant was discovered to be a football prodigy – potential mentors have reached out to him, offering guidance … but in so many cases, seemingly wanting something in return.

That didn’t change when he left little Lufkin, Texas, and attended Oklahoma State. It didn’t change when he left college and was taken in by Dallas bail bondsman David Wells and by Deion Sanders. And it didn’t change in his first two seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, either. Sanders has feuded publicly with the gifted former first-round receiver.

The Cowboys themselves have tried to give structured help. And other well-meaning Cowboys legends like Drew Pearson have offered friendship to Bryant, only to be rejected.

For the first time, there is a positive and unique change in the mentorship of Dez Bryant: The player sought out the help himself. And the person he’s approached is former Dallas tight end Jay Novacek.

Photo Credit: Armen Williams, KRLD-FM, CBS Radio Dallas
    “We’ve talked, yes,’’ Novacek coyly tells 105.3 The Fan. “I’m certainly available to Dez if he needs me.’’

Sources tell me that Bryant approached Novacek when the five-time Pro Bowler visited the team’s Oxnard, Calif., camp and said, “How did you do what you did? Can you show me how you did what you did?’’

Said a source: “It seems like a weird choice. But at the same time, it’s a wonderful choice.’’

Novacek doesn’t want Dez’ money, doesn’t want Dez to sign with an agent crony, doesn’t want Dez to hook up with a certain sports apparel company. Novacek – who during his years as a three-time Super Bowl winner marched to the beat of his own drummer but always did so within the boundaries of team rules and the law – has no ulterior motives here except to grant Bryant’s unorthodox request.

When Coach Jason Garrett says “Dez is maturing as a football player and as a person,’’ this is the sort of sound decision he’s talking about.

It is unorthodox, of course, for reasons that are obvious: Novacek, who will be 50 in October, is old-school. He drives a truck. He rides cutting horses. He’s from Nebraska. He’s a family man. He’s quiet. He wears a Stetson. Oh, and he’s white. Suffice to say, Novacek has never spent $800,000 on a jewelry shopping spree, has never been in conflict with mall security over baggy pants and has never been told by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that there is an airplane ticket home waiting for him if he doesn’t get in line.

Those sorts of incidents (all topped by Bryant’s still-looming domestic violence issue involving allegedly striking his mother in the face with a baseball cap) have caused supposed mentors like Sanders to turn their back on him

“He needs help,” Sanders once said in a radio interview. “I told the Cowboys from day one that he needs help.”

Of course, it was Deion himself who had signed on to provide that help, along with people like bail bondsman David Wells and attorney Sen. Royce West, both of whom remain in his life. The Cowboys, too, from Jones and Garrett on down, have attempted to guide and bring structure to the life of a young man who experienced a troubled childhood but might slowly be maturing into a better direction.

That “better direction’’ is one Novacek lives every day. Of the old tight end, Hall-of-Fame quarterback Troy Aikman once said, “If I ever have a son, I would want him to grow up to be like Jay.’’

It is encouraging that Dez Bryant, at 23, may just see the same quality in the man.

Sanders’ involvement dates back to Dez’ college days, when the player was suspended in September 2009 for the remainder of that season after lying about having contact with Sanders the NCAA deemed inappropriate. Bryant has bounced back and forth with agent representation, starting with Eugene Parker (a Deion associate), moving to the controversial Drew Rosenhaus, and this summer changing back to Parker.

He’s also spurned offers from people like Pearson, the iconic Cowboys receiver, who recently told 105.3 The Fan that Dez “laughed in my face’’ at the suggestion of mentorship.

But Dez and Novacek? There are no strings attached. There is nobody dictating this to the kid. There is no defined structure to how the relationship might grow.

It is unorthodox, but it is also natural and organic. And it can be a wonderful thing, most of all, because it’s all Dez Bryant’s idea.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/08/23/d...cek-as-mentor/

Thread Information