Page 194 of 208 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5177
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I hope Free is cut. Weak link on the line and he's aging. Lael Collins will take that spot.

Trade Romo for a few good draft picks.

Jaylon Smith will be a beast next year; word is he will be playing this coming year according to stuff I've read (his damaged nerve, deep fibular, which caused foot drop is regenerating).

For the love of God, please add at least one quality pass rusher to go with Irving. And add one reliable corner to be lining alongside Scandrick.
    Free isn't a bad backup if cheap. Look at what happened with Collins injury this year.. had we cut Leary things could have been a lot different on that side.

Agreed with Romo, but hopefully the Cowboys wanting to give him a consolation gift in shipping him to a good destination doesn't limit our return..

Charles Tapper and Jaylon Smith are gonna really boost the defense next year for us if healthy.. and hopefully that brittle piece of Claiborne is done, he has proven he can't take the rigors of an NFL season

ty thing is the schedule is brutal next year. Absolutely brutal. We'll see how they respond to adversity in the road even more so next year.
    Yup, toughest strength of schedule next season

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah. The 22 carries by itself doesn't bother me. But it seemed that there were some pretty good times to give him the ball when they didn't. Especially in the 2nd half when GB looked tired and he was ripping off big gains.

I haven't confirmed this but on the radio, they said that Zeke never carried the ball on 2 consecutive downs. If that's true, that's pretty ridiculous playcalling.
    The 22 carries didn't bother me.

The e didn't bother me.

The call on 3rd and 2 did. They should have ran. In that situation you take a couple of shots to the end zone. At the worst kick the field goal with no time left for Rodgers to come back and beat you.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

The e didn't bother me.

The call on 3rd and 2 did. They should have ran. In that situation you take a couple of shots to the end zone. At the worst kick the field goal with no time left for Rodgers to come back and beat you.
    they passed on 3rd and 2 on the first drive too :/ I think it ended up being 5-6 3rd and 2's and they ran once

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

The e didn't bother me.

I think you lost me. If they e the ball on 1st, and give to Zeke on 3rd, then they've only got one shot to go end zone. I'd have liked to see them take a shot on 1st instead of ing the ball. If it's to the middle of the field, then use the TO if they don't get to the end zone. And then plan from there. They could always e it on 3rd down.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I just remembered this jinx guy.... Another reason the Cowboys lost.

Damn, no wonder RD2191 wants to take field goals out of football. He's dreading getting that tattoo removed and blames Mason Crosby.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone can purr themserves to support such a gay ass team, tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Z
    Damn, no wonder RD2191 wants to take field goals out of football. He's dreading getting that tattoo removed and blames Mason Crosby.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just remembered this jinx guy.... Another reason the Cowboys lost.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So what do you all prefer? Sign Terrance Williams or Brice Butler and draft a WR? Sign them both? Let them both walk and risk depleting our WR depth with rookies?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So what do you all prefer? Sign Terrance Williams or Brice Butler and draft a WR? Sign them both? Let them both walk and risk depleting our WR depth with rookies?
    I'd resign Williams if he'd agree to a reasonable price. He's been serviceable. I don't think that'll be the case, #2 WRs have been commanding a lot of money in free agency as of late.

Regardless if he were to walk or not, I'd still draft a WR with KR/PR skills. We need a playmaker back there. The Whitehead experiment needs to end already.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd resign Williams if he'd agree to a reasonable price. He's been serviceable. I don't think that'll be the case, #2 WRs have been commanding a lot of money in free agency as of late.

Regardless if he were to walk or not, I'd still draft a WR with KR/PR skills. We need a playmaker back there. The Whitehead experiment needs to end already.
    Yeah, Williams come down to price.. Butler has been inconsistent, but would probably flourish at #2. Agreed with Whitehead, dude sucks and brings nothing to the table on special teams or the gadgets they run for him.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lawrence looking at back surgery yet again... at least Tapper is cleared to play next year :/

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That's maybe the most punchable face I've ever seen, holy ing . I would pay money to see that guy get curb stomped.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Lawrence looking at back surgery yet again... at least Tapper is cleared to play next year :/
    Not sure why anybody expects either of these JAGs to amount to anything. Same old story every year and I don't see why it will change next season either.

It can't be a Cowboys offseason without addressing their front 7 help by picking up somebody off of Jacksonville's practice squad while drafting a "high risk/high reward" player in the middle rounds who will never be available due to either continuous suspensions or injuries.

And then, like clockwork, once we get to those June OTAs and these Practice All Pros have a few impressive hits on the tackling dummies, the articles will come out claiming Pro Bowl/HOF potential getting the fans all excited again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's maybe the most punchable face I've ever seen, holy ing . I would pay money to see that guy get curb stomped.
    Curb stomo them ty photoshopped teeth and kick a dent into his 6 head

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I bet his job is to stand in front of the projector at the movie theater all day so they can show the movies on his twelvehead.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure why anybody expects either of these JAGs to amount to anything. Same old story every year and I don't see why it will change next season either.

It can't be a Cowboys offseason without addressing their front 7 help by picking up somebody off of Jacksonville's practice squad while drafting a "high risk/high reward" player in the middle rounds who will never be available due to either continuous suspensions or injuries.

And then, like clockwork, once we get to those June OTAs and these Practice All Pros have a few impressive hits on the tackling dummies, the articles will come out claiming Pro Bowl/HOF potential getting the fans all excited again.
    The process of rebuilding the front-7 begins with letting JAGs who have been here too long like Jack Crawford and Ryan Davis go. Also, Anthony Hitchens and Justin Durant (good guy, but he's too old and injured).

Lawrence and Irving are both going to be on contract years, so that could be very good for us in 2017. The best of the two gets a long-term deal, the other gets to walk.

I'm interested in possibly ditching the 4-3 and going with a good 3-4. Blitz more but have athletic guys on the line who can play short coverage. Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee together should be a wrecking ball together at ILB if they're both healthy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Damn, how the did Dak beat out Zeke?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    same thing i said.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's well-deserved. Because Zeke was the product of the best run blocking OL in the NFL, but they're barely top 10 in pass protection IMO. They're the same OL and WR corps as last year and Dak took the Cowboys from 4-12 (3-1 with Romo, 1-11 combined with the other show at QB) last year to 13-3 this year and changed the outlook of the franchise from gloomy (Romo is near the end and oft-injured) to extremely optimistic (OK we lost this year, but we're likely going to be SB contenders in the NFC for the next 15 years)... That's on Dak.

Green Bay has the best pass blocking OL in the NFL, though they're not particularly great run blockers especially in the middle.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    It's well-deserved. Because Zeke was the product of the best run blocking OL in the NFL, but they're barely top 10 in pass protection IMO. They're the same OL and WR corps as last year and Dak took the Cowboys from 4-12 (3-1 with Romo, 1-11 combined with the other show at QB) last year to 13-3 this year and changed the outlook of the franchise from gloomy (Romo is near the end and oft-injured) to extremely optimistic (OK we lost this year, but we're likely going to be SB contenders in the NFC for the next 15 years)... That's on Dak.

Green Bay has the best pass blocking OL in the NFL, though they're not particularly great run blockers especially in the middle.
    Zeke was seriously considered an MVP candidate this year, Dak wasn't. That alone should've given the ROY to Zeke.

While McFadden ran for just under 1100 yards last season, Zeke's production in 15 games was a clear improvement and can't just be credited to the OL. Zeke should've won.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Seems like the playoffs do factor into these regular season awards imo

crofl announcing regular season awards 1 day before the super bowl

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Zeke was seriously considered an MVP candidate this year, Dak wasn't. That alone should've given the ROY to Zeke.

While McFadden ran for just under 1100 yards last season, Zeke's production in 15 games was a clear improvement and can't just be credited to the OL. Zeke should've won.
    Mine would have been

1) Ryan
    2) Carr
    3) Rodgers
    4) Stafford
    5) Dak/Zeke

Particularly if we're just talking regular season. Dak and Zeke feed off each other and Zeke's 400+ extra yards this season can also be attributed to having a competent QB in place unlike last year. DeMarco Murray had nearly 300 yards more than Zeke in 2014 behind the same OL, but somehow Romo was still considered for MVP over him?

Pretty Boy finishing #2 is an absolute fraud. He played in 12 games in the most "system-y" team in sports and the team was 3-1 and pretty damn dominant without him. His job is to throw short passes all game from the pocket while guys like Ryan and Rodgers actually take risks and air it out. Derek Carr is my #2 if you're talking regular season only, because that team was just flat out horrid without him and we all saw that.

Thread Information