Page 196 of 208 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 5177
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They're scant on the o-line. We have o-linemen crawling out of our ears. How about zack martin for sherman straight up
    no ing way.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    rofl there it is. I was waiting for it.

'NT EAG, keeping the game close, having a reasonable discussion, then lets the other team go on a 10-0 run, letting the game get out of hand, posting the thread de-railing post per par etc

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rofl there it is. I was waiting for it.

'NT EAG, keeping the game close, having a reasonable discussion, then lets the other team go on a 10-0 run, letting the game get out of hand, posting the thread de-railing post per par etc
    10-0 is hardly letting the game get out of hand, tbh. A touchdown and field goal? That's not hard to make up with our offense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They're scant on the o-line. We have o-linemen crawling out of our ears. How about zack martin for sherman straight up
    no.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    My Dak. Leading the Lady Bulldogs to a victory over the mighty UCONN Women.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    [Jones] now stands to gain millions with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas in terms of the relocation fee to the Cowboys and personally with Legends spear-heading everything in sales and marketing.

Consider that it was Jones who pushed the deal through for St. Louis Rams to relocate to Los Angeles roughly 15 months ago. Not coincidentally, Legends is selling the suites and sponsorships for the new stadium in Los Angeles.

Legends also had a hand in the San Francisco 49ers deal for Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara. Legends sold out the suites and sponsorships there.

When the 49ers, the Rams, the Chargers, who will share the stadium in Los Angeles, and, now, the Raiders win off the field, it’s also a win for Jones.

No press conference necessary.
    http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...141148043.html

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak needs to shave that off.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wow, what a short-sighted idea ...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dem Boyz need an edge rusher:

I think L'il JJ Watt will be a Cowboy if he's there at 28.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dem Boyz need an edge rusher:

I think L'il JJ Watt will be a Cowboy if he's there at 28.
    He's a linebacker no? They'd transition him to end?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's a linebacker no? They'd transition him to end?
    Agreed. But they prolly think he can add weight since his brother is 300lbs. I think he's too small. I think he'd get thrown around like a rag doll at 255lbs. They'd be drafting on potential IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agreed. But they prolly think he can add weight since his brother is 300lbs. I think he's too small. I think he'd get thrown around like a rag doll at 255lbs. They'd be drafting on potential IMO.
    3-4 ROLB and 4-3 RDE is the same damn thing. It's more of a formality thing than anything else.

Two point stance or three point... who cares? If you're an edge rusher, you're an edge rusher. Either way you line up on the line of scrimmage or damn near the line of scrimmage. It's NOT like a "linebacker" in the traditional sense of actually lining up a significant number of yards behind the line, like the three LBs in a 4-3 normal front ("over" and "under" fronts are more 3-4ish) or the two or three LBs in the 3-4 depending on how many the DC decides to rush, the 3-4 transforms (for all practical purposes) into a 4-3 or even a 5-2, depending on who the DC decides to rush or zone blitz or whatever.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Martin's 5th year option picked up

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    vs Giants W
    @ Broncos L
    @ Cardinals W
    vs Rams W
    vs Packers L
    BYE
    @ 49ers W
    @ Redskins W
    vs Chiefs W
    @ Falcons W
    vs Eagles L
    vs Chargers W
    vs Redskins L
    @ Giants W
    @ Raiders W
    vs Seahawks W
    @ Eagles W

12-4
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 04-21-2017 at 04:22 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A source informed of Smith's prognosis said the nerve in Smith's knee has started to regenerate. There is still a long way to go, but he's slowly getting muscle control.

Smith can now lift up his toes and he can lift his foot. More good news. What no one knows is when or if the nerve will completely return to normal.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    gregory failed another test

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great draft, swagboy family. I REALLY wanted xavier woods in the 4th, glad we were able to get him late.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great draft, swagboy family. I REALLY wanted xavier woods in the 4th, glad we were able to get him late.
    That was a of a pick. I wanted Eddie Jackson but Woods is just as good.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That was a of a pick. I wanted Eddie Jackson but Woods is just as good.
    Woods is bigger than Jackson, too. Woods can be a combo safety, he can both play center field when Byron lines up on DEs AND he can play SS in the box on early and short yardage downs... Many comparing him to Darren Woodson already. 2nd-3rd round talent we got in the 6th, no drug or character issues, maybe the steal of the draft.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The only thing I didn't like was trading down late in the 6th when we could have had DT Qualls instead of DT Ivie who is inferior. We didn't need that big slow WR in the 7th and we still could have had Marquez White, or better, Myrick the one the Jags got after us.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    gregory failed another test
    Can we just get rid of that er already? And give DeMarcus Lawrence #94. Maybe that's the missing thing of our pass rush. #94 as the leading pass rusher is a Cowboy tradition and it's the only way we can have a dominant pass rush.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I give our draft an "A-".

Not sold on Taco yet as a pass rusher, he isn't a speed or finesse rusher at all or doesn't seem to be. But he's the 2nd best DE we've got after a healthy Lawrence and he's outstanding against the run. Essentially a lot of bull rushers and very little speed or finesse on the team other than Mayowa. I guess Marinelli's plan is to shut down the run first and foremost, and use a slew of young elite DBs to cover the extra second to give the power rushers enough time to bully through offensive lines and get the quarterback.

I like Awuzie as the CB2 of the future, lining up against the #2 outside receiver while Brown lines up against the #1 outside receiver. He easily could have been picked late 1st/early 2nd and would have in any other draft.

Lewis is a of a slot corner and should have been a first rounder and would have been so if not for the misdemeanor dv charge which won't be a big deal going forward as long as he stays away from ty women and doesn't do it again.

Switzer is a backup slot receiver for now but a great insurance policy if Cole Beasley goes down. Before today, if Cole Beasley went down, the offense would suffer greatly as he's a key cog that Dak relies upon each and every passing down. Now, we have a viable insurance who will learn from and eventually replace Beasley. Maybe an overdraft, but we needed to address this at some point. Also hopefully puts Lucky Whitehead out of a job at PR while one of the fast DBs can take the KR job.

As aforementioned, Woods is someone I've wanted since round 2 and would not have been an overdraft if we took him instead of Awuzie or Lewis. Instead, we got both of them AND Woods, who is a heck of a safety and has a chance to form a top tier safety tandem of the future with Byron Jones. Not the tallest SS like Chancellor or Church, but a fast and intelligent cover DB who can hit nonetheless and still be a force in the run game. He also is a finisher and playmaker who actually gets the interceptions which has been the one glaring issue for Byron Jones his first two years in the league. It's not obvious who is the FS and SS anymore between Jones and Woods, but bottom line is both should be a force to be reckoned with and help make the secondary tough to beat and the cover 2 impossible to throw deep on. Add in the DBs we got in rounds 2-3... just wow. Given a little time to gel, Legion of Boom 2.0 is their floor, not their ceiling.

Marquez White seems okay, a little slow but maybe a good option to guard TEs and possession receivers, especially in red zone and similar situations. Someone to stop the tight end from converting on 3rd & 4, so to speak. Good potential but will be buried under the more accomplished corners for now.

The 7th round picks I wasn't impressed with at all, but they're 7th round picks so they'll more than likely be on the practice squad year 1. Ivie won't make the team. Noah Brown is another Andy Jones for now. Carrell is a nice practice squad body.

The main disappointment is that, even though we drafted 2 WRs, neither of them are fast enough to fill our main hole at receiver, which is running the 9-route. You need that smaller 4.4 or better guy to blow the top off the defense with deep vertical routes, and the Cowboys still don't have one of those despite them being available late on the board. I understand we're a possession offense, but there are situations (end of half, losing, losing late etc) where, no matter how you plan not for them to come up, they come up anyway as it's the nature of the game. You need guys to run deep vertical routes and beat DBs with speed, and we don't have any. A bit of a bummer.

But an overall outstanding draft, it won't be as talked about as last year's epic draft for us but it will be close behind, and better than that if you consider where we had to pick from this year every round versus last year's draft position.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes use the ignore feature on an internet message board.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    @ Gregory. What a ing dumbass pick. The Cowboys have cleaned up every bad habit they've built a reputation for during the "non-glory days", except their insistence on troubled players. It DOESN'T WORK. Pacman, Randle, Hardy, Mclain, Gregory.. I'm sure I've missed some.

Thread Information