Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's right there with the Ray Allen "... buh-but you have to protect the shooter's follow through " tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not even the worst call in football. The NFL pass interference call is BY FAR the worst.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Yeah easily the PI call. Such a game changer without being able to review it. Plus there should be a limit on the yardage. Max of 15-25 yards.

Yeah easily the PI call. Such a game changer without being able to review it. Plus there should be a limit on the yardage. Max of 15-25 yards.
    I'm surprised that it hasn't been changed to a 15-yard penalty already, should have been done years ago..seems like the most obvious penalty adjustment..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Exactly, 100% agree... 15 yard penalty and a first down should be the max... unless it's in the end zone, then half the distance and a first down... ball placed at the 1 is cheese bull

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm all for.....woried about getting hurt.....then don't play. The rougher the better in my book, knock people out of the game is the game....or was the game.

BUT.....who here wants to see a league full of second/third string QB's out there? So, these guys do need to be protected, and it does hurt for me to say that. I want ....WHAM~~~~~

PI should be like in the NCAA, just 15 yards.

I would allow holding (not a headlock, bear hug, etc) on kick returns, it's gotten ridiculous. And let go that's far away from the play.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    But what happens then? DB gets burnt and it's only 15, instead of a 40 yarder?

I think DB's should be allowed to hold a little bit more.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

I think DB's should be allowed to hold a little bit more.
    works just fine in college

or they can have a flagrant PI where they still give the spot foul if its an egregious tackle or something

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    works just fine in college

or they can have a flagrant PI where they still give the spot foul if its an egregious tackle or something
    agree

For a "flagrant" PI like tackling, spun the guy all the way around, or facemask stuff, spot foul OR half the distance to the goal, whichever is less

For a "regular" PI like a little hand to the side, arm/hand checking and tangling, or the case where "the DB didn't get his head turned around" it's just 15 yards OR half the distance, whichever is less

but this New England crap where they throw a deep shot which has little chance from their own 30 and get a PI called at the other team's 10, that has to go... worst case scenario you split the yardage in half... but... 15 yard penalties would have sufficed on both cases in the jax game.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    If that were the case, it would be happening all the time in college.

Thread Information