My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could be fun:

A couple of days ago, Jonathan Adler pointed Volokh Conspiracy readers to this bit of political insight:

The Theory of Relativity is actually a liberal plot to encourage moral relativism and distort how people view the world. (See FN1) Who knew? Does this mean gravity is a conspiracy to keep us down?
    http://volokh.com/2010/08/10/relativ...-liberal-plot/

Adler's post cited to both a piece concerning this argument and to original source material advancing the argument. A footnote in the source material describing counterexamples to relativity explains:

Virtually no one who is taught and believes relativity continues to read the Bible, a book that outsells New York Times bestsellers by a hundred-fold.
    I'm kind of inclined to the view that Einstein is right, yet I still read the Bible. Am I "virtually no one," or should I expect to be swallowed up in short order by the universe as an unsustainable paradox?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This could be fun:

A couple of days ago, Jonathan Adler pointed Volokh Conspiracy readers to this bit of political insight:

http://volokh.com/2010/08/10/relativ...-liberal-plot/

Adler's post cited to both a piece concerning this argument and to original source material advancing the argument. A footnote in the source material describing counterexamples to relativity explains:

I'm kind of inclined to the view that Einstein is right, yet I still read the Bible. Am I "virtually no one," or should I expect to be swallowed up in short order by the universe as an unsustainable paradox?
    don't worry. i hear there's a compound 40 miles outside of SA.

but you have to be hardcore!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some individuals just can't seem to get out of the dark ages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just plain funny, I am pretty sure that most if not all of the posters who frequent this forum will agree. I am sure that even Angel_luv would have agreed if she hadn't already "disappeared".

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I am sure that even Angel_luv would have agreed if she hadn't already "disappeared".
    You mean "...already been raptured".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone would go, I would think it would be her. Sure she seemed a little naive at times when discussing the world, but she seemed like she genuinely believed the things in that book and seemed like an actually really nice person. I have a feeling that even if she came upon a person she (the book) didnt agree with (gay or something), she would still be nice to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't go to church or read the Bible, but I see no conflict in believing in both relativity and a higher power.

EDIT> I never understood some liberals, e.g. Bill Maher, who appear to have outright disdain for religious people. Religion actually teaches people to be good -- secularism does not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't go to church or read the Bible, but I see no conflict in believing in both relativity and a higher power.

DarrinS you STARK RAVING liberal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    darrins you stark raving liberal!
    lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Gravitation is a much more controversial and incomplete theory than natural selection, and look at how many problems the religious right has with that.

Thread Information