College
    USC Trojans
    Definitely. 2k8 is far superior to 2k7.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I know this topic is old as , but I am a longtime fan of the 2k series and wanted to comment. I have every game between 2k3 and 2k12, and I must say the best in the series is 2k4 and 2k5, with the slight edge going to 2k5. I just recently revisited these games, and they are superior for two reasons: the gameplay was perfectly balanced (deep and tight controls, but not overly complex like the newer ones), and the ESPN presentation was really solid. Plus, the spurs were at their best in those years, and Duncan was the highest rated player in 2k4 with a perfect 100 (and a 98 in 2k5). For me, I also have lots of memories of playing them while I was in high school, lots of epic games online. But after revisiting them, I can honestly say they are truly the best in the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Glad I'm not the only one that agrees 2k5 was AWESOME! I've tried 2k6, 2k7, 2k8,2k11. Never could grasp the gameplay that well. While 2k5 was just very balanced and if two people who were playing were really going at it, the game just never seemed to do anything out of the ball park. Great Game!

Thread Information