Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think we have him. Just another kid who realized he doesn't want to leave home.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Now if we could just find a damn place kicker.........

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kid is amazing.......congrats if you do get him

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Kid is amazing.......congrats if you do get him
    Really? He was rated as a 3 (out of 5) star quarterback according to rivals.com, so I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. Then again, I think Colt McCoy was only rated as a 3 star coming out of high school, and I think their ratings aren't always that accurate anyway. I hope we get him.

As far as a kicker, I think there's a kid named Taylor Bertolet coming to A&M next year, and he's supposed to be one of the best kickers in the nation.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Really? He was rated as a 3 (out of 5) star quarterback according to rivals.com, so I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. Then again, I think Colt McCoy was only rated as a 3 star coming out of high school, and I think their ratings aren't always that accurate anyway. I hope we get him.

As far as a kicker, I think there's a kid named Taylor Bertolet coming to A&M next year, and he's supposed to be one of the best kickers in the nation.
    the knock on him is his height, which was probably the same negative that colt had. some scouts just are not that impressed with 6'1" quarterbacks. tell that to drew brees.

..and i'll take any kicker. the current one is going to cost us a game this year IMO.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lmao antlers. kerrville is an awesome town and it seems everyone there is behind the local sports (radio broadcasts, etc.), but why do you name the team the antlers??

thats like that one team named the buttons...based on a rattlesnake tail.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lmao antlers. kerrville is an awesome town and it seems everyone there is behind the local sports (radio broadcasts, etc.), but why do you name the team the antlers??

thats like that one team named the buttons...based on a rattlesnake tail.
    funny you should mention the buttons.... that was my high school. the reasoning was that we were under the university of st. mary's and since they were the rattlers we were baby rattlers. somehow out of that came the use of the term 'buttons'. it sure was funny to show up for a game to see an opponent, that had not played us before, go crashing through their poster that had a picture of a shirt with buttons on it and some tag saying something like "rip the buttons". can't speak for the antlers though. but it is a great town.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Lets just say he's a Vince Young style QB. Just look up his stats last week vs Madison. I was there......amazing

The only problem on him, like someone already said, is that he's kinda short for a College QB. He is also a very good WR(UT actually wanted to offer him for WR, but he only wants to play QB)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's a good player

Techs michael brewer is a lot better, and David Ash

So that would be third best among your rivals

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Just saw Johnny Manziel play the other week against Madison. Best QB I've ever seen in person at the high school level, I was amazed. Not a big dude, but he was very fast, very strong, and he could place the ball where he liked. Had a of a game.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    6'1 180? doubt it. looks like he's 5'11 170 at most.

i remember back in high school the coach would place our weights atleast 15 pounds heavier and 3 inches taller. good times.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 09-12-2010 at 05:21 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    dude has thrown for almost 1000 yards in 2 weeks against madison and steele. see how he fares against lake travis this week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lake Travis has the best defense out of all the teams on Tivy's non-playoff schedule. That O-line better get ready

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    This guy is a beast. I pray he chooses A&M. Would be a perfect replacement for Jerrod.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    kid played great again but they came up short to travis 37-33. manziel accounted for 5 TDs . he spent his 3rd week in a row at college station and is supposedly going to make his decision at the end of this week (apparently between a&m and oregon).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it actually sounded it like if texas had made a bigger push for him or had indicated he would be their QB that he would have gone with them, but it seems as if texas may not have given him the assurances he was looking for. based on that, i would not totally rule out texas either.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it actually sounded it like if texas had made a bigger push for him or had indicated he would be their QB that he would have gone with them, but it seems as if texas may not have given him the assurances he was looking for. based on that, i would not totally rule out texas either.
    I think it was said before but Texas wanted to turn him into a full time WR and the kid only wants to play QB. Spending 3 straight weekends in college station is very interesting.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He would be ok, but I'm not sure why you guys are getting so excited over a 3 star kid.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He would be ok, but I'm not sure why you guys are getting so excited over a 3 star kid.
    kind of an odd statement from a tech fan. tech has often had 3 star players perform at a great level.

more to the point, if the kid was in the greater houston area, or from the dallas metroplex region, he'd be considered 4 star. one can't question kerrville's schedule. manziel has racked up close to 1,500 yards against madison, steele and the 3 time defending state champ.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    kind of an odd statement from a tech fan. tech has often had 3 star players perform at a great level.
    this is an odd thread from Aggie fans.

Is this what you guys are expecting now?

What happened to the days of getting 5 star QBs like McNeal?

whatever gets you excited I guess.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    this is an odd thread from Aggie fans.

Is this what you guys are expecting now?

What happened to the days of getting 5 star QBs like McNeal?

whatever gets you excited I guess.
    no need to overreact blake. i just was pointing out that you can get great players from the middle ranks as well. dat nguyen was not even a 3 star player and he turned out to be the most decorated linebacker in the country. the guy is a local player and he has shown the ability to play big in big games.

but thanks for playing the role of the thread marshall.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    no need to overreact blake.
    pfft.

i just was pointing out that you can get great players from the middle ranks as well. dat nguyen was not even a 3 star player and he turned out to be the most decorated linebacker in the country. the guy is a local player and he has shown the ability to play big in big games.

but thanks for playing the role of the thread marshall.
    I'm well aware of what you were pointing out. If anything, you are overreacting to some simple observations.

If you feel the need, you should absolutely go nuts over this guy.

It's a damn shame that Michael Brewer was injured for Lake Travis against Tivy or you would have gotten to see what a 4 star QB recruit looks like.

Again, whatever floats your excitement boat.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    pfft.

I'm well aware of what you were pointing out. If anything, you are overreacting to some simple observations.

If you feel the need, you should absolutely go nuts over this guy.

It's a damn shame that Michael Brewer was injured for Lake Travis against Tivy or you would have gotten to see what a 4 star QB recruit looks like.

Again, whatever floats your excitement boat.
    well at least your football takes are better than your nickel philosophy takes. and that brewer must be a stud if he also plays defense.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He is somewhat underrated on Rivals and that mainly has to do with his height. He has all the great qualities that make a great college quarterback. He will eventually be a starting qb wherever he decides to take his game IMO.

Thread Information