Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    nice i'll give that a try. there's so many craft breweries in Dallas now I can't even keep up with them all. Every little town in the burbs has their own beer now
    Yeah it's really exploded. Lakewood started pretty soon after Deep Ellum but it feels like a new one opens up every couple of months now.

It's nice though because almost every bar has a decent local beer on tap now. I remember a lot of places I had to settle for Guinness if I wanted anything other than Bud/Miller/Coors.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Depends on what you are used to. Cheap lagers are fine for shotgunning at a BBQ.
    Doesn't have to be "shotgunning". But when you're outside and sweating, you're going to drink faster.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm definitely a beer snob at this point

Here's another that will probably ruffle some feathers:

Rolling Rock

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm definitely a beer snob at this point

Here's another that will probably ruffle some feathers:

Rolling Rock
    That used to be my go to beer when I was broke and in college. $2 bottles at some local bar. Then Aheuser Busch bought them and ruined it like always.

Nowadays when I want something drinkable for the summer I go for a Founders all day, Langunitas fractional, or Stone all day IPA.

Lol @ us Avanteing this thread preaching to all you beer noobs. Now I know how you master PC races feel

I mean honestly if you s are gonna drink that cheap might as well go with water.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That used to be my go to beer when I was broke and in college. $2 bottles at some local bar. Then Aheuser Busch bought them and ruined it like always.

Nowadays when I want something drinkable for the summer I go for a Founders all day, Langunitas fractional, or Stone all day IPA.

Lol @ us Avanteing this thread preaching to all you beer noobs. Now I know how you master PC races feel

I mean honestly if you s are gonna drink that cheap might as well go with water.
    Rolling Rock and Bud Ice is the beer you take to gatherings of people you don't really give a about.. 7 bucks for a 12 pack? Something isn't right here..

If you're looking to try something new, Sierra Nevada came out with a seasonal called Hop Bullet which is great.. Sam Adam's just launched their New England Style IPA which smells amazing.. The NE style IPA's are hazy, unfiltered, citrus with a tartness that compliments the bitterness perfectly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rolling Rock and Bud Ice is the beer you take to gatherings of people you don't really give a about.. 7 bucks for a 12 pack? Something isn't right here..

If you're looking to try something new, Sierra Nevada came out with a seasonal called Hop Bullet which is great.. Sam Adam's just launched their New England Style IPA which smells amazing.. The NE style IPA's are hazy, unfiltered, citrus with a tartness that compliments the bitterness perfectly.
    I love Sierra Nevada. Their Pale Ale was my gateway beer, tbh. Sam Adams is also great. If I ever find myself at a bar and they serve nothing but I find comfort in knowing that there's usually Sam Adams available.

Speaking of, my brother got his hands on a Pliny The Elder the other day. Best IPA I have ever had. It was perfect. The aroma, the color, the taste. It was perfectly balanced. Not too malty, not too hoppy. You can't even tell its 8.0% ABV.

On a side note, do you know of any cinnamon beer available for our buddy gs?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Just tried a Bud Light Orange today tastes like ass sweat but oddly still refreshing on a 100 degree day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just tried a Bud Light Orange today
    That sounds absolutely ing disgusting.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    That sounds absolutely ing disgusting.
    It definitely wasn’t awesome

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not above drinking cheap beer (as I've already said), and I could name a list of sub $20 whiskeys that I think are great, but I cannot stand all this artificially flavored/sweetened crap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love Sierra Nevada. Their Pale Ale was my gateway beer, tbh. Sam Adams is also great. If I ever find myself at a bar and they serve nothing but I find comfort in knowing that there's usually Sam Adams available.

Speaking of, my brother got his hands on a Pliny The Elder the other day. Best IPA I have ever had. It was perfect. The aroma, the color, the taste. It was perfectly balanced. Not too malty, not too hoppy. You can't even tell its 8.0% ABV.

On a side note, do you know of any cinnamon beer available for our buddy gs?
    cinnamon IPA

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here you guys go

Thread Information