Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    Name
    D-J-A-N-G-O.....the "D" is silent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Excellent start to the series--hoping it stays this good!

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I like both Lenny James and Andrew Lincoln, but their American accents were a tad inconsistent and it distracted me every so slightly.

That said, I have not a single other complaint about the first episode.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    I prefer 28 Days Later style zombies.

But the show is still kickass. About time someone puts out a zombie apocalypse TV show. I really enjoyed the first episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I prefer 28 Days Later style zombies.
    Part of what makes this show more feasible and believable (wow what stupid words to use describing a zombie show) is the fact that they are NOT 28 Days Later / Dawn of the Dead remake style zombies.

Because everyone knows if zombies run fast as , and the tinniest little splatter of zombie blood on your mucous membranes makes you one of them the chance of humans surviving is ZERO.

The stiff, slow ass zombie style makes it reasonable to believe people can survive.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Part of what makes this show more feasible and believable (wow what stupid words to use describing a zombie show) is the fact that they are NOT 28 Days Later / Dawn of the Dead remake style zombies.

Because everyone knows if zombies run fast as , and the tinniest little splatter of zombie blood on your mucous membranes makes you one of them the chance of humans surviving is ZERO.

The stiff, slow ass zombie style makes it reasonable to believe people can survive.
    True... but, its about zombies thus not feasible by default, as you said :P Though to be honest, the 28 Days zombies sure did a number on England. There really weren't that many survivors. They managed to spread out of military enforced containment, too. IMO they do the damage they are supposed to.

I do believe 28 Days Later provided the most feasible explanation of just what causes people to turn into zombies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Dope series

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    True... but, its about zombies thus not feasible by default, as you said :P Though to be honest, the 28 Days zombies sure did a number on England. There really weren't that many survivors. They managed to spread out of military enforced containment, too. IMO they do the damage they are supposed to.

I do believe 28 Days Later provided the most feasible explanation of just what causes people to turn into zombies.

Well any talk about zombies gonbe silly. But my take is that any animated corpse's vigor will be determined by the quality of the muscle tissue at the time of becoming a zombie. (A 100 year old corpse will never run like a cheetah) Furthermore, no ing way they continue to remain vigorous indefinitely and animated indefinitely without continually feeding. This is why the Day of the Dead/hunker down and wait scenario should always work because those legions should eventually de-animate and become normal corpses once they have not fed to power their body.

lol
    /geek

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    a

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm glad Lennie James got some work out of this series. He was good in Jericho before the network did him wrong.

Robert Hawkins has got this zombie apocalypse on lockdown sons.

WORD. I love me and miss me some Hawkins.

Since Lenny James is in it, and the reviews are good, I'll try to catch up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    great first episode.. just got done watching it!

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

actually, one of the things that bothered me about the first episode was seeing all the military equipment (tanks, vehycles, etc) deserted there as if the army got overun by zombies and had to leave everything behind...

anyone buy the premise that a bunch of slow ass, dumb as zombies managed to overrun the American military? I think 28 days later style zombies make a zombie apocalypse scenario more plausible.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    actually, one of the things that bothered me about the first episode was seeing all the military equipment (tanks, vehycles, etc) deserted there as if the army got overun by zombies and had to leave everything behind...

anyone buy the premise that a bunch of slow ass, dumb as zombies managed to overrun the American military? I think 28 days later style zombies make a zombie apocalypse scenario more plausible.
    remember, it starts as a fever....

This is one of those pandemic scenarios you hear about on the discovery channel on what could end human life.

By the time anyone knows whats really going on, a TON of people would be infected......

No ammount of force, short of nuking the planet (and thus destroying us all together) would stop it.

Current Population of New York is almost 20 million..... thats JUST NEW YORK!!! Even if just a 1/4 of that where infected, it would cause problems for ANY military.... and thats just one city.... Nevermind that every kill would have to be a headshot.
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-04-2010 at 03:40 AM.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well any talk about zombies gonbe silly. But my take is that any animated corpse's vigor will be determined by the quality of the muscle tissue at the time of becoming a zombie. (A 100 year old corpse will never run like a cheetah) Furthermore, no ing way they continue to remain vigorous indefinitely and animated indefinitely without continually feeding. This is why the Day of the Dead/hunker down and wait scenario should always work because those legions should eventually de-animate and become normal corpses once they have not fed to power their body.

lol
    /geek
    Fellow zombie geek.

Even if you take "28 Days Later" into account, look what happens to the zombies after not feeding for a while (towards the end).

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    remember, it starts as a fever....

This is one of those pandemic scenarios you hear about on the discovery channel on what could end human life.

By the time anyone knows whats really going on, a TON of people would be infected......

No ammount of force, short of nuking the planet (and thus destroying us all together) would stop it.

Current Population of New York is almost 20 million..... thats JUST NEW YORK!!! Even if just a 1/4 of that where infected, it would cause problems for ANY military.... and thats just one city.... Nevermind that every kill would have to be a headshot.
    those discovery channel pandemic scenarios you're talking about refer to viruses that spread a of a lot faster than a zombie fever that only spreads through biting...

I think the reason zombie concepts like 28 days later evolved from classic zombie movies is because a slow spreading decease like one that spreads through bites and scratches is quite easily contained, specially once you don't really need to worry about treating the infected 'cause they are already dead.

I think a "plausible" zombie apocalypse scenario requires 28 days later type zombies with 28 days later type zombie virus.

/nerd

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Plus the most important reason....they just fun to shoot.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    Name
    D-J-A-N-G-O.....the "D" is silent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Plus the most important reason....they just fun to shoot.
    This.

Last "social class" if you will, that it's politically correct to massacre on the silverscreen lol

Yes I'm a troll. Happy? SourCandy's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Now I want to play a good zombie game.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/190905/the...-days-gone-bye

Streaming for free on Hulu. That surprises me, because AMC has never streamed Mad Men online. For those who didn't catch it, here is your chance before the new episode on Sunday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now I want to play a good zombie game.
    red dead redemption's undead nightmare

Name
    Beastly McBeast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Re-watched it again yesterday, it's a pretty darn good show. I was high as the first time I watched it and didn't remember much except for the zombie crawling cause it looked creepy as lol. Can't wait for episode 2

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It takes place in present day, but, the characters act like they've never seen a zombie movie, or, heard of George A. Romero. It don't make sense.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It takes place in present day, but, the characters act like they've never seen a zombie movie, or, heard of George A. Romero. It don't make sense.
    Maybe George A Romero and/or the theoretical concept of zombies (both the philosophical models used in examples of cognition experiments and the movie style zombies) do not exist in their version of "present world"?

PS: Haven't seen it, will watch before tonight's episode.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That's convenient, but, utterly ridiculous.

At least it's watchable. I haven't looked forward to a series premier since "The Equalizer" 30 years ago.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    That's convenient, but, utterly ridiculous.

At least it's watchable. I haven't looked forward to a series premier since "The Equalizer" 30 years ago.
    It's more entertaining when the characters are oblivious.

Thread Information