Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2340
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No, it's not. Instead of watching like this, you can watch Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

Why is this show even popular anyway? I read the comic up to chapter 50 and lost interest. This show seems to have completely screwed up the comic for no reason, yet people keep watching it in droves. Why? Is it because of the zombies (which are played out at this point)? I know it's not because of the plot or characters, because almost all of you hate the plot and characters. The general consensus is that the show went downhill after the first season (some would even say after the pilot episode), yet it still gets gigantic ratings. This thread has more posts than the Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and people actually like those shows.

Where did all this goodwill come from?
    You should keep reading, they get much better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Why is this show even popular anyway? Is it because of the zombies (which are played out at this point)?
    Where did all this goodwill come from?
    Speaking for myself, I'd like the show to succeed, with "succeed" meaning horror-genre entertainment. In other words, up until this point I've mainly watched hoping that the show would reach it's potential.
    As it stands now, the may as well be a 1950's era TV western. The zombies are just a vague background threat, similar to the Native Americans in those old westerns. IMO, the zombie apocalypse hasn't really been played out, but rather it hasn't been played at all. That may be a limitation imposed on the show by the source comic, but who cares?
    They need to stop playing by the book and start playing jazz. That's what the other successful AMC shows, Breaking Bad and Mad Men have done.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Speaking for myself, I'd like the show to succeed, with "succeed" meaning horror-genre entertainment. In other words, up until this point I've mainly watched hoping that the show would reach it's potential.
    As it stands now, the may as well be a 1950's era TV western. The zombies are just a vague background threat, similar to the Native Americans in those old westerns. IMO, the zombie apocalypse hasn't really been played out, but rather it hasn't been played at all. That may be a limitation imposed on the show by the source comic, but who cares?
    They need to stop playing by the book and start playing jazz. That's what the other successful AMC shows, Breaking Bad and Mad Men have done.
    The simple truth is men are more expensive to entertain than women. So a television network would have to s out more money to make shows that appeal to men. Women watch reality TV and glorified talent show because they are idiots. Guy shows are usually found on cable networks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Zombies are always background characters in zombie stories, because they are the least interesting aspect of the zombie apocalypse.

It's always been about the human interaction, especially in The Walking Dead, which is basically a tale about a group that runs into murderous psycopath after murder murderous psycopath (in the comic).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Zombies are always background characters in zombie stories, because they are the least interesting aspect of the zombie apocalypse.

It's always been about the human interaction, especially in The Walking Dead, which is basically a tale about a group that runs into murderous psycopath after murder murderous psycopath (in the comic).

It would get old really fast if the zombies were the only threat. Also, if the group was always on the move, wouldn't a logical person be like "Hey why don't they find a place to settle down already, like that farm or that prison they just passed by". People would be ing about how they should seek permanent shelter and not moving place to place.

It's interesting to see them try to make some kind of civilization.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So who dies in season 4? Herschel can't get away with gimping forever, and Carol is a pretty boring character imo

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    They need to move out of the prison and into a new setting for season 4. Season 1 was Atlanta, Season 2 was the farm, & Season 3 was the prison. It's time for some new scenery.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    They need to move out of the prison and into a new setting for season 4. Season 1 was Atlanta, Season 2 was the farm, & Season 3 was the prison. It's time for some new scenery.
    Yes. Atlanta and the farm had clarity. Sharp and easily discerned. The prison is muddled. Unlike the farm, I can't see the prison unless I'm watching the show. Before one could imagine what one could not see of the farm and Atlanta. Not so with the prison. Not even close.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    So who dies in season 4? Herschel can't get away with gimping forever
    Difficult to watch him here without drifting back to '67 & "In Cold Blood." He was at prime there & positively lit afire.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They just brought a busload of people into the prison. You really think they are leaving anytime soon?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's gonna really blow when Breaking Bad is over and there is nothing to look forward to after The Walking Dead.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's gonna really blow when Breaking Bad is over and there is nothing to look forward to after The Walking Dead.
    There is always a better show.

When Lost and 24 ended I said the same thing and then all this great shows came out. (Game of Thrones,Spartacus, Boardwalk Empire etc.)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This. Which is why I hated the season finale, I'm sick of that weak ass Governor. In the comics, he was an ultimate bad ass ing up. He even cuts ricks hand off. The show version is a .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This. Which is why I hated the season finale, I'm sick of that weak ass Governor. In the comics, he was an ultimate bad ass ing up. He even cuts ricks hand off. The show version is a .
    Damn, sounds like good goes down in the comics.

I started reading the comics and I only made it to issue 20 before I got bored with it. Tyrese was a raw mother er in the early parts of the comics. He's such a pusyy in the tv show. lol

Gonna look at the cliff notes online to see what's happening on the comics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Difficult to watch him here without drifting back to '67 & "In Cold Blood." He was at prime there & positively lit afire.
    Hes a great actor but also a liability to the group. Hes slow, cant really wield anything, and requires a lot of maintenance. If they inherited a medic along with the riff raff from the Governors group then Herschel's a goner.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Hes a great actor but also a liability to the group. Hes slow, cant really wield anything, and requires a lot of maintenance. If they inherited a medic along with the riff raff from the Governors group then Herschel's a goner.
    He's the main moral compass of the group. Without him, we'd have Cucky still in re land and no one telling everyone that Carl is a bucket. I really don't think the show will dump Herschel for one of those old useless ladies from Mayberry. He knows how to shoot, can still drive a vehicle....more than you can say for the Golden Girls.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You change show runners each season, this is the result of the tone and vision of the show getting altered. Hopefully the new guy is given a chance to flourish and make his mark and AMC gives him that chance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    You change show runners each season, this is the result of the tone and vision of the show getting altered. Hopefully the new guy is given a chance to flourish and make his mark and AMC gives him that chance.
    Sup mang?

How is life as a bag in Canada working out for ya?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    A few things that don't make sense about the walking dead

That guy drinking water in a sea of zombies

How zombies keep getting in the jail

Last edited by symple19; 04-04-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Sup mang?

How is life as a bag in Canada working out for ya?
    Keeping it tight bromie! You?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You welcome

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pathetic season ending

this show seems like its turning to . it started halfway through season 3

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    btw these are the most pathetic zombies of any zombie movie/show

I liked the ones from the new Day of the Dead(I think), brutal zombies that are actually faster and stronger when zobies IMO that's how it should be

it should take 4 non zombies to kill a zombie. not a 7 year old kid with a butter knife

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    btw these are the most pathetic zombies of any zombie movie/show

I liked the ones from the new Day of the Dead(I think), brutal zombies that are actually faster and stronger when zobies IMO that's how it should be
    Fast zombies worked in the the remake of Dawn of the Dead, but, I haven't seen it work otherwise. And there you had a quality cast. It throws the whole production in a dizzy.

Thread Information