Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I enjoyed this episode. I was hoping they'd reach the prison story arch this season. From what I've heard, that's one of the more memorable parts of the series.
    ??? In only six episodes? Even though they've renewed, they only bought six up front. They did the same thing with BB.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    ??? In only six episodes? Even though they've renewed, they only bought six up front. They did the same thing with BB.
    It's probably a safer way to introduce the series than order a whole season, or even half of one. That way if it sucked, they're only out a bit of money. Still, they were pretty quick to order the next batch of 12(?) episodes after the pilot aired, which is good.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm in no way a fan of zombie movies and such but this series is pretty bad ass. I thoroughly enjoy it. Can't believe it's almost done. Yes. I know. What an original post to add to this discussion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good season finale. I guess season 2 won't start until next fall?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    Overall, pretty good. Doesn't hold a candle to the graphic novel; starting to think it never will. Still, a decent show on its own merit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll keep trying to break the rocket proof door with the axe!!

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'll keep trying to break the rocket proof door with the axe!!
    Desperation...leads to not caring that it'll take more than a rocket to blow that door off its hinges...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It would have been a better ending if they all died trying to escape and then in the end gave up and BOOM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    It would have been a better ending if they all died trying to escape and then in the end gave up and BOOM.
    That'd kinda ruin season 2 but still, it woulda been funny. The show would now be centered on the one armed bandit, the 2 africans and the cholos protecting the old people.

I kinda liked the finale but kinda didn't. I hate how they keep passing up on weapons when they're just laying around EVERYWHERE. Even the doc said there was plenty lying around...but they stick with the pistols and shottys? Hmm.... Anyways, there's plenty of places/structures that are easily defendable. Just gotta clear em out.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finale was kinda lame. I could've done without it. I think the series could've done without it. It left much to be desired. That guy's partner that left him for dead then claimed his wife needs to be shot in the face. He's annoying. I guess the sister that blew her sister's brains out is the next one. Oh well. We shall see.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That'd kinda ruin season 2 but still, it woulda been funny. The show would now be centered on the one armed bandit, the 2 africans and the cholos protecting the old people.

I kinda liked the finale but kinda didn't. I hate how they keep passing up on weapons when they're just laying around EVERYWHERE. Even the doc said there was plenty lying around...but they stick with the pistols and shottys? Hmm.... Anyways, there's plenty of places/structures that are easily defendable. Just gotta clear em out.
    Hahaha! AMEN!!!!

They run out of the CDC... pass up an Abrams Tank, an armored Humvee, a troop transport, and take off in an old Winny and a few beat up trucks... what the !???

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics

What weapons would you bring? Guns eventually run out of ammo; also, they make a really loud noise attracting more zombies.

Machetes/axes etc are the best weapons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    Hahaha! AMEN!!!!

They run out of the CDC... pass up an Abrams Tank, an armored Humvee, a troop transport, and take off in an old Winny and a few beat up trucks... what the !???
    They're already low on gas... they probably want to travel as green as they can.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Yeah I saw a couple of 50 cals just lying around and the cop didn't even touch them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What weapons would you bring? Guns eventually run out of ammo; also, they make a really loud noise attracting more zombies.

Machetes/axes etc are the best weapons.
    katana but a legit one made by a japanese dude under a waterfall

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    katana but a legit one made by a japanese dude under a waterfall
    Obviously, not the most common of items.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    willis found one in a pawn shop can't be that hard

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And for a gun AK47. Hardly lock up and easy to maintain. Or so I've heard.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    The season finale topped the viewership of the premier, 6M to 5M viewers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    And for a gun AK47. Hardly lock up and easy to maintain. Or so I've heard.
    that or something old school. some single shot rifles from WWII, those things last forever, are uber reliable and they can still be found in most gun stores...if they haven't been looted already. but all you really need is single shot rifle with a good handgun for backup.

and if you really really need more ammo, head to a military base. the weapons/ammo are all fenced off from the rest of the base so it should be less infested. just bring something to take the doors down and a truck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone read the comic series this is based on?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The season finale topped the viewership of the premier, 6M to 5M viewers.
    I don't doubt that at all... I personally know at least 6 people who didn't see the premier but heard about it later and caught up with the show... including my sister, who usually hates zombies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that or something old school. some single shot rifles from WWII, those things last forever, are uber reliable and they can still be found in most gun stores...if they haven't been looted already. but all you really need is single shot rifle with a good handgun for backup.

and if you really really need more ammo, head to a military base. the weapons/ammo are all fenced off from the rest of the base so it should be less infested. just bring something to take the doors down and a truck.
    Bolt-action rifles such as a Mauser but I wouldn't want one. Usually only going to kill zombies if they are too close.

Just give me a sawed off 12 gauge with 00 buck shot and that's all I'd ever need.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    Anyone read the comic series this is based on?
    Yes, and I'm doing my best not to spoil this thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I thought the season 1 finale was a dud that didn't advance the story or build suspense/interest for next season. My least favorite episode by far. Out of the blue, the final episode reminded me of the old "Lost in Space" show...must have been the cornball situations, cheapo sets and wooden acting.

Overall, I give the first season a C + for effort.
    I think they've got some serious writing problems, as after 6 episodes, not one compelling character comes to mind, and there's too much predictability and implausibility. The only boundary the show seems to be pushing even slightly is gore/splatter. Shouldn't a zombie apocalypse be more terrifying and suspenseful?

That being said, it's about time we had a TV show about zombies. I'll be watching next season.

Thread Information