Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler's the better get in terms of value and player, Rush is a better fit for the immediate.

I was thinking about players (non-stars/role-players) I'd like or love to have -- just in terms of fit and not necessarily attainable -- so add any I may leave off. Let's see just how many players there are out there that could possibly, hypothetically, give the Spurs what they need (perimeter D and 3-point shot).

Off the top of my head:

Webster
    Batum
    Ariza
    Pietrus
    Rush
    D. Greene
    C. Brewer
    Posey
    Battier
    D. Wright
    B. Walker (?)
    D. Brown (?)

Who else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't get Rush's hotzones chart to pull up on nba.com, couldn't get any individual players to come up. I wonder how he did from the corners. I know he shot over 40% for all 2010 but the corners are what counts.
    Had the same problem yesterday and it continues today. Not sure what's up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler's the better get in terms of value and player, Rush is a better fit for the immediate.

I was thinking about players (non-stars/role-players) I'd like or love to have -- just in terms of fit and not necessarily attainable -- so add any I may leave off. Let's see just how many players there are out there that could possibly, hypothetically, give the Spurs what they need (perimeter D and 3-point shot).

Off the top of my head:

Webster
    Batum
    Ariza
    Pietrus
    Rush
    D. Greene
    C. Brewer
    Posey
    Battier
    D. Wright
    B. Walker (?)
    D. Brown (?)

Who else?
    Austin Daye... AKA Tayshaun Prince 2.0

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first pre season game didn't really dissipate doubts about Spurs athletic ability on the perimeter.
    some can't move any more (Simmons), some didn't even start to move (Anderson) and those who can move (Gist, Temple) can't play.
    so, a trade for a player like Chandler doesn't look like a less reasonable idea, than it looked the day before.
    (same goes for Rush, if this ever was a realistic option)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should try to get Brewer from Minny.

He would be perfect for us. Great size (6"9), athletic and a good defender. Last season his 3p shooting dropped a bit, but in 2009 he had a good % (41,7%). I don't think we would have to give up too much for him.

What you guys think ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that about 90% of the people here know more about the player you try to showcase than you do.
    btw. 41% 3s isn't a good % when the player is shooting less than 1 time per game. the reason why he didn't shoot 3s was, that he just can't shoot. he couldn't in college and he couldn't in the NBA.
    yes, he would help in some other departments.
    but he isn't on the block anyhow, so why speculate.
    and why don't we have to give up much for him??? because teams urgently want to get rid of young players on cheap rookie contracts, who finally start to show some promise?
    let's talk about players, who are available and who are realistic options to get with our assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He would be perfect for us. Great size (6"9), athletic and a good defender. Last season his 3p shooting dropped a bit, but in 2009 he had a good % (41,7%). I don't think we would have to give up too much for him.

What you guys think ?
    Would cost us Blair/Hill + picks, unlikely to happen IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would cost us Blair/Hill + picks, unlikely to happen IMO.
    he is in the last year of his contract and Minny is full of wings. I'm not sure it would cost us that much.

i just speculated about him because Minny fans were speculating about trading him in other basket forum.

The problem is: there isn't a perfect player for us considering our assets and the available players.

Anyway ..i just miss Bruce Bowen. We won't find another one. I just hope RJ can improve at least a little bit this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is in the last year of his contract and Minny is full of wings. I'm not sure it would cost us that much.

i just speculated about him because Minny fans were speculating about trading him in other basket forum.

The problem is: there isn't a perfect player for us considering our assets and the available players.

Anyway ..i just miss Bruce Bowen. We won't find another one. I just hope RJ can improve at least a little bit this season.
    ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What you guys think ?
    Come on man. What's the point of filling a need, yet creating another one (or two) in the process? It's counterproductive - akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concerned About Chandler, Knicks Still Like Rudy

The Knicks are concerned about using Wilson Chandler as their starting shooting guard and they remain interested in Portland's Rudy Fernandez.

The New York Post reports that the Knicks won't increase their offer for Fernandez, but they will listen if the Trail Blazers call about a trade.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is reportedly considering moving Amar'e Stoudemire to center, moving Chandler to power forward and starting Roger Mason at shooting guard.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz12IRtb5T4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Knicks are concerned about using Wilson Chandler as their starting shooting guard and they remain interested in Portland's Rudy Fernandez.

The New York Post reports that the Knicks won't increase their offer for Fernandez, but they will listen if the Trail Blazers call about a trade.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is reportedly considering moving Amar'e Stoudemire to center, moving Chandler to power forward and starting Roger Mason at shooting guard.

What a joke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason is having a terrible pre-season in NY, shooting 25% against NBA compe ion.

Chandler looked okay tonight, not afraid to take and make threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does D'Antoni still think Mason is the same player from 08-09?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only preseason, but Will's 3-point shot looks improved..

obligatory troll smasher Flux451's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the butt slapping in the past has tainted Mike's mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Knicks obviously gamble on this. considering all the reports from the last weeks, Blazers want a 1st rounder for Rudy, Knicks could get that 1st rounder from the Spurs for Chandler, Knicks don't pull the trigger because they hope they can finally get Rudy for 2nd rounders. some more financial aspects might be involved, b/c Spurs will try to avoid to get over the threshold.
    maybe an important factor as well: Blazers might not want to help the Spurs by such a scenario, as they see them self pretty much on the same level among West teams and see the Spurs as possible PO opponent. they are one of those teams, that might benefit the most from a weak perimeter defense of the Spurs and for sure they don't like the picture of Chandler guarding Batum or Roy.

however:
    IMO Chandler to the Spurs would be the move that could put the Spurs on another level. Chandler obviously is healthy again and his shot looks much improved. Spurs should be prepared to offer even more than just the 1st rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    however:
    IMO Chandler to the Spurs would be the move that could put the Spurs on another level. Chandler obviously is healthy again and his shot looks much improved. Spurs should be prepared to offer even more than just the 1st rounder.
    This ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could we offer to get Chandler? I don't think it's a good idea to offer more than a 1st round pick since it's a 1-year rental.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah I'm pretty sure if there is a real deal in place. I'm pretty sure its on the spurs because of course there taking that one year rental in consideration, and lose him this summer with no 1st rounder or they don't pull the trigger keep there 1st round pick, and I don't know too much about chandlers contract situation, but go hard at him with the MLE next summer, but of course every year not won is another year wasted for the big 3 together, so if they want to win then they will do it, but will evaluate at the trade deadline and see if spurs think they can with the team they already have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we seriously still talking about this? It was a stupid rumor by a source that has no credibility what so ever.

Wilson Chandler is not coming to the Spurs now, please forget about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, Mike D'Antoni is still as stupid as he used to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could we offer to get Chandler? I don't think it's a good idea to offer more than a 1st round pick since it's a 1-year rental.
    Agree. 1st round pick or bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we seriously still talking about this? It was a stupid rumor by a source that has no credibility what so ever.

Wilson Chandler is not coming to the Spurs now, please forget about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol knicks. lol hiring dantoni.

Thread Information