Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jerrells trade makes an eventual trade for Chandler or Rush even more difficult to do. Gee+Temple isn't enough to match their salaries. It's even more unlikely than before to see Spurs doing that kind of moves.

For dreaming people: Spurs could theoretically package Gee+Temple+Gist to get Chandler and Rush in 1 week when Gist would be eligible to be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jerrells trade makes an eventual trade for Chandler or Rush even more difficult to do. Gee+Temple isn't enough to match their salaries. It's even more unlikely than before to see Spurs doing that kind of moves.

For dreaming people: Spurs could theoretically package Gee+Temple+Gist to get Chandler and Rush in 1 week when Gist would be eligible to be traded.
    Definitely makes it seem like any other trades they might have been pursuing have been given up on.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Setting an alarm on my phone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor, no real concrete evidence the Spurs are even talking to the Knicks about him. Brandon Rush seems more likely.
    Which is not so likely.. Rumor someone started or heard about, but it won't happen and this thread will just go away soon.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    BTW, there should be a separate thread about Rush.
    Why? The common factor is that neither one of them is coming here in a trade. You can discuss that in one thread. No need to clutter up the forum.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? The common factor is that neither one of them is coming here in a trade. You can discuss that in one thread. No need to clutter up the forum.
    Seconded. Only one "trades I just dreamed up" per page.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better not to hijack the Chandler trade thread.

Look at this link:
    brandon-rush-out-of-indy/

Rush seems to be available, that quotes are clear.

The Spurs could now offer the second rounder they got for Jerrells or their own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would Simmons be available for trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons, Gist, Cousin, Neal, Bonner and Jefferson can't be traded because they were recently signed.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    It's better not to hijack the Chandler trade thread.

Look at this link:
    brandon-rush-out-of-indy/

Rush seems to be available, that quotes are clear.

The Spurs could now offer the second rounder they got for Jerrells or their own.
    Oh, I don't doubt he's available. I doubt the Spurs are interested in a player needing to serve a drug suspension. It takes two to tango, or in this case, trade.

That pick is a mirage, BTW. It'll never materialize. The Clippers (the original owners of the pick we got from NO) would have to finish with one of the top 5 records in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I don't doubt he's available. I doubt the Spurs are interested in a player needing to serve a drug suspension. It takes two to tango, or in this case, trade.

That pick is a mirage, BTW. It'll never materialize. The Clippers (the original owners of the pick we got from NO) would have to finish with one of the top 5 records in the NBA.
    Check this link:

Trade rumor of Parker for #10 pick, Troy Murphy and Rush.

The trade never materialized, but there could have existed interest in Rush. RC has said that the Spurs want a wing defender, between other things.

The Indianapolis Star reported Friday that the former Kansas University player failed an NBA marijuana test for the third time.

It's marijuana, not really something outrageous. Odom was suspended too when was younger.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Check this link:

Trade rumor of Parker for #10 pick, Troy Murphy and Rush.

The trade never materialized, but there could have existed interest in Rush. RC has said that the Spurs want a wing defender, between other things.

The Indianapolis Star reported Friday that the former Kansas University player failed an NBA marijuana test for the third time.

It's marijuana, not really something outrageous. Odom was suspended too when was younger.
    Things other teams do aren't things the Spurs will do. Keep rubbing that lucky rabbit's foot, though. Maybe if you wish hard enough...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree about Jones. just mentioned him, because he definitely is on the block.
    (I thought his 3rd year is a TO, in fact it's a PO, so yes, his contract is a deal breaker)

back to Brandon Rush.
    Pacers need to make some decisions soon. as far as I know Pacers didn't yet pick up his option for 2011-12. (I guess they need to do it till Oct.31st)
    no team would trade a 1st rounder for him, if he will become an unrestricted FA in 2011.

btw. came across a nice analysis about the defensive numbers of Brandon Rush. pretty impressive.
    http://alwaysmillertime.com/2010/07/...sh-an-apology/
    Maybe no team will trade a 1st round pick for him, but if I'm the Pacers, I'd rather keep him than trade him for a 2nd round pick. To me, that's just not enough value for him.

They have quan y on the wings, but not necessarily quality. Rush is their best true SG (Jones and Stephenson are the two others, so that's not saying all that much) and he may yet wake up from this last incident, realize that he's on shaky ground and grow up. If he does, he could still be a useful player and someone they re-sign to a reasonable contract.

I agree with Harlem though, that Rush would be the better fit for the Spurs at this time, despite the fact that Chandler has a higher upside. If a guy like Pietrus can play the three full time, then so too can Rush.

It does if it's a straight up trade. If it's a three (or four) way trade, then it doesn't affect anything.

Obviously, it's just a guess, but I think the Spurs would be willing to offer up their 1st for Chandler, Rush, someone of that ilk. I think they view this team as being one piece short and this as more than likely being their last best shot at a championship in the Duncan era. I have a hard time believing they'll let a (likely) 20-25 pick stand in the way between getting a potential over-the-top piece, particularly with four quality young players already on the roster.

However, I don't believe they'd be willing to surrender any of their top ten players to do so (just to be clear, I'm talking about everyone not named Neal, Simmons, Temple and Gee), which means there would have to be at least one other team included to facilitate the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things other teams do aren't things the Spurs will do. Keep rubbing that lucky rabbit's foot, though. Maybe if you wish hard enough...
    If you don't like to discuss or analyze based on limited information, there must be other threads with less uncertain information.

It's already known the Spurs seldom make trades, also that they sign big contracts with players of good character only.

RC said the Spurs objective was to sign a wing defender and Pop said defense was the main factor in the backup SF selection. Simmons, Gee or Temple are not great wing defenders.

While a probable outcome would normally be that the team will pick 2-3 players from the pre-season roster, it doesn't sound very logical to completely discard the possibility there could be a trade or an additional signing.

Holt was thinking the Spurs were to dominate last season with RJ and Dice. Duncan's era may finish soon. If the difference is going to be a good wing defender, in Rush's case, the team may ignore some details.

Neal had some legal problems but was signed because he already paid a price for his error, matured and he shots excellent - which is what the Spurs need to improve for the 2010/2011 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so where are we on the chandler trade again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn ESPN
    Source: New York Knicks making progress on Carmelo Anthony trade - http://es.pn/acFsH0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn ESPN
    Source: New York Knicks making progress on Carmelo Anthony trade - http://es.pn/acFsH0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think this maybe the slowest trade ever

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offers the Knicks have proposed have always centered around packages including Anthony Randolph, the expiring contract of Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick they would acquire from a third team, and New York has softened its stance on including forward Danilo Gallinari in a trade.

The most recent obstacle, according to the source, was for the Knicks to use one of those assets, likely Randolph or Gallinari, to acquire a player from a third team that the Nuggets value more highly than either of the Knicks forwards. The source said that obstacle can now be overcome, with the Knicks confident they can get their hands on a player the Nuggets would prefer.
    realistically I can't see that either the Spurs low pick (22-25), or a player from the Spurs roster is the crucial factor of such a deal. (ok, maybe if that player is Blair or Hill).
    more likely the Knicks have found a potentially higher pick for Chandler, or (like the ESPN article implies) they trade either Gallinari or Randolph for a potential lottery pick (or a young player with former lottery potential) and then send the other of the two to Denver with that pick.
    considering that reportedly the Blazers tried hard to dial into the discussed Nets-Nuggets-Bobcats-Jazz deal, it's not totally absurd to look to Portland.
    not only do the Blazers have something the Knicks want (Rudy), the Knicks have something the Blazers might like (Douglas. Blazers reportedly wanted Harris from Nets, so Douglas should be intriguing for them as well).

however. we can still hope that a blockbuster around Melo produces so much movements, that the Spurs could sneak in with their 1st rounder and get back a helpful player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2969nua

Spurs get:
    Ty Lawson
    JR Smith
    Wilson Chandler

Nuggets get:
    Gallo
    Randolph
    E Curry
    R Turiaf

Kings get:
    Azubuike

Knicks get:
    Melo
    Parker

Ty Lawson, JR Smith & Chandler for Parker... ok it's not fair value, but it's better than losing him to free agency.

Nuggets get Gallo, Randolph and cap space

Knicks get their "Big 3" in Parker, Melo and Stoudamire.

Kings get Azubuike to make it work.

Jesus, the season needs to start... I'm bored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With Gist waived, Spurs now don't really have what it takes to match Chandler or Rush salaries. They had to include McDyess or Anderson if they want to a trade for one of them.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO the option for a straight deal with the Knicks is dead anyhow. but as the 3rd or 4th team in a blockbuster maybe not. and in such a bigger there will be other options to make things work by salary. (but yes, without including Dice there likely won't be a scenario that works by the numbers)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Gist waived, Spurs now don't really have what it takes to match Chandler or Rush salaries. They had to include McDyess or Anderson if they want to a trade for one of them.
    I'm not an cap expert but I would say that a first rounder for Chandler can be done straight up. The picks count as salary IMO, a first rounder means a guaranteed contract for the player.

The Spurs traded Jerrells for a conditional second rounder without receiving a contract back or a trade exception as the Hornets are over the cap.

Dice signed with the Spurs for a chance to win the le, it would be very un-Spur to get him traded, if the deal isn't to sign him after the buyout. Besides, Butler is still playoffs unproven and Splitter has yet to play in the NBA.

It's very unlikely that the Spurs ship Anderson. He was a high pick for Spurs standards. He could have all-star potential. The trade wouldn't make sense for Chandler who's a role player.

Thread Information