Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Chandler 1st round pick material though, considering that the Spurs seemed to have good luck with their first round pick the last 2 out of 3 years with Hill and Anderson in limited action so far this year?

They're not going to luck into Blair again with just a second round pick, so I'd be a little hesitant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for chandler unless there is an extension...we could possibly get him this offseaon for the MLE if he doesn't sign an exentsion or no lockout
    Maybe so, but if we get him this season, then we'll have him for the playoffs, which would be the point in acquiring him in the first place. Also, we'll be able to preserve our MLE in order to address a different need that may crop up come offseason.

Is Chandler 1st round pick material though, considering that the Spurs seemed to have good luck with their first round pick the last 2 out of 3 years with Hill and Anderson in limited action so far this year?

They're not going to luck into Blair again with just a second round pick, so I'd be a little hesitant.
    I think he is, considering that first round pick will likely be a late pick in a bad draft, and that Wilson Chandler is starting to come into his own (or at least, I'd like to think so). He's 6"8 with long arms and would fill that backup small forward / lockdown defender role we'll need, especially against the better teams in the west. It's also worth noting Chandler is averaging nearly 18ppg and shooting the same percentage as Manu this season from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but why would you want to give up a talneted 1st round pick to build on the future, then get a guy who you can this offseason. I'm pretty sure spurs could possibly get someone who can get possibly get bought out around trade deadline, but I doubt knicks would just want a 1st round pick as great as chandler been playing this year unless forsure know there getting carmelo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then trade Quinn, Udoka, and one of the trade exceptions plus the first round pick for Chandler.
    You can't combine TEs with players. Also, Udoka can only be traded on trade deadline day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't combine TEs with players. Also, Udoka can only be traded on trade deadline day.
    recently signed FA's can be traded starting dec 15th.....so ime can be traded now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler is an absolute waste on the Knicks. He's probably the best defender on the roster, yet plays for a coach who couldn't care less about defense. As an offensive threat, he's already light years ahead of where he was previously. He now needs to play in a system, where his defensive capabilities would be fully utilized.

I'd love it if the Spurs were to somehow engineer a trade for him - even if it meant burning a 1st round pick in 2011. It's not something I would normally advocate, and I would hope the Spurs could secure him to some sort of an extension as well, but given those parameters, it would make perfect sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    recently signed FA's can be traded starting dec 15th.....so ime can be traded now
    Yes but Ime wasn't signed in the summer, he was signed on October 24th, which means he'll be trade eligible on February 24th, which is trade deadline day.

Edit : maybe I'm wrong and someone will correct me. Mountainballer? Mel_13?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but Ime wasn't signed in the summer, he was signed on October 24th, which means he'll be trade eligible on February 24th, which is trade deadline day.

Edit : maybe I'm wrong and someone will correct me. Mountainballer? Mel_13?
    yup u r right.....i just looked it up and it said free agents who signed a contract over the summer....my bad

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not understanding why this is still in discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not understanding why this is still in discussion.
    its an unwanted theory aint it?

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its an unwanted theory aint it?
    To be sure bro., it certainly is. How we love our fantasy basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two months ago, the rumor was that Knicks needed a first round pick for a Melo trade and that Chandler would have allowed them to get one.

Chandler has played well this year but Randolph has been bad. The new rumor is that Randolph would now be the one traded to allow Knicks to get a first round pick for a Melo trade. Spurs haven't been linked at all to this new rumor.

To make it short, Chandler isn't available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I already stated that Udoka couldn't be traded until the deadline. As for not being able to combine trade exceptions with players, sorry about that, I should've done a little more research before writing my post. But then we can simply replace the trade exception with someone else like Gary Neal, so the offer would be Gary Neal, Ime Udoka, and Chris Quinn plus our first round pick for Wilson Chandler. New York doesn't have enough roster space for a deal like that though, so they're going to have to get a little more creative and do some more maneuvering, like potentially involving a third team, or combing Chandler with other players. In any case, it's not really the players that make New York do the deal, it's the first round pick, so the point still stands.

Two months ago, the rumor was that Knicks needed a first round pick for a Melo trade and that Chandler would have allowed them to get one.

Chandler has played well this year but Randolph has been bad. The new rumor is that Randolph would now be the one traded to allow Knicks to get a first round pick for a Melo trade. Spurs haven't been linked at all to this new rumor.

Maybe so, but if they're not able to acquire a first round pick through Randolph, then dealing Chandler would be a nice fallback option. Besides, just because Chandler has played well and Randolph hasn't doesn't mean they're unwilling to trade him, only that they'd be more inclined to do a deal that involved Randolph instead. In fact, it can be argued that things are actually the other way around: precisely because Chandler is playing well and Randolph isn't makes the former a more tradeable asset than the latter. In any case, if it meant acquiring Carmelo Anthony, I seriously doubt the Knicks would be unwilling to trade anyone on their roster for him not named Amar'e Stoudemire or Raymond Felton.
    Last edited by Uriel; 12-18-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with Uriel. If the Knicks knew they would land Anthony then they would trade Chandler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In any case, it's not really the players that make New York do the deal, it's the first round pick, so the point still stands.

In any case, if it meant acquiring Carmelo Anthony, I seriously doubt the Knicks would be unwilling to trade anyone on their roster for him not named Amar'e Stoudemire or Raymond Felton.
    Which is exactly why Chandler to the Spurs is a virtual impossibility. If you assume that the Knicks will not let their attachment for Chandler stand in the way of trade for Anthony, they aren't going to risk waiting until the trade deadline to acquire a very late first round pick from the Spurs. They'll make a deal with one of the other 28 teams to acquire a future first rounder well before that date.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler has been ballin' this year on both ends and has found confidence in his 3 point stroke.

There's no way Chandler is traded for a mid-late first round pick anytime this year. He's a big part of what the Knicks are doing right now. IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the Knicks biggest problem with Chandler is the impact he has on their capspace?

I could be wrong, but I believe the only way the Knicks have enough caproom to give Carmelo the max-near max is if Chandler is renounced or gotten rid of. Even if he doesn't get any offers and takes the QO, I think that really junks up the Knicks ability to get Melo as an outright free agent signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks would be stupid to trade Wilson Chandler. And the Knicks are no longer a stupid organization, or that stupid.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks would be stupid to trade Wilson Chandler. And the Knicks are no longer a stupid organization, or that stupid.
    Agreed, Knicks shouldn't have any incentive to trade Chandler at this point.. too bad, got pretty excited about the prospect of adding him to our team. Esp. since we didn't know RJ was going to be such a beast this season.

However... it remains to be seen if the Knicks are still a stupid organization, but so far so good for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a snowballs chance in l Spurs could get Wilson but, don't Wilson, Gallniari and Melo all play the same position? If Knicks got Melo something would have to give.
    Last edited by picnroll; 12-18-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

#1 poster - @chazley
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't getting Chandler. /thread

Thread Information