Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will need someone to re-explain to me how RJ contract is not going to hurt the Spurs from a future standpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Bobby Simmons . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a No brainer for us, even if Chandler not the greatest fit he is still well worth a late first round pick!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will need someone to re-explain to me how RJ contract is not going to hurt the Spurs from a future standpoint.
    Nobody has ever explained that, what they do is tell you how it's not that much more money and that you should be happy that the Spurs spent ten million dollars over three more years to have him here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second thought, I'll exchange possibly for probably in "probably be able to get him re-signed at a reasonable number".

Forgot about the Cavs, who have a gaping hole at SF, are going up-tempo, will have loads of cap space, be eager to sign anyone credible and like the Nets this past off season, more than likely won't be able to attract a star, so they'll end up overpaying for a second tier young player. Chandler fits the bill.

I still think it's a worthwhile trade for the Spurs, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the deal is available, you take it. You deal with the next off-season then.
    You could even pull a sign & trade if he decides to go somewhere else at that point, and get something in return. There's plenty of scenarios there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chandler for a first pick is better than anything the spurs will draft next year in the mid to late rounds. he's still young too and could become useful some time down the road. might as well acquire him now and sort it out later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope this happens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks are giving up?
    Eddy Cury,Roger Mason(), toney douglass,the spurs pick, their pick, I could see this happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope this works out. I would do it in a second.. I would trade bonner for chandler.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a piece of exciting and good news. Chandler can potentially be the defensive stopper we need but without the 3 pt shot. In any case, Chandler will not be needed in terms of offense anyway. If we play Chandler in the 2nd unit with Manu, Chandler just score off cuts to the basket with Manu's vision. Neal/Anderson to space the floor with their 3 pt.

There is some concerns with this trade being potentially a one-year rental. However, that is fine. If he doesn't fit, we can trade him at deadline. If he fits and help the Spurs to get the 5th ring, I think that Spurs owner should have no problem deeping into lux tax for one more year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we will know anything for a few days... sounds like the melo trade is in it's building stages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake me up when October ends...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler isn't a offensive juggernaut; but he can hit a good amount of 3s and add up the steals/blocks stat line (I had him on my fantasy team before he hurt his foot).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I look at it is, even though the Spurs usually do well with their draft picks, occasionally you have to take some risks if you want to win now. While giving up a first rounder for a player with a questionable skill set/fit is somewhat risky, the upside is pretty good.

1) Cheap contract, so you don't have to give up anything major this moment.

2) Even though you are giving up a first round pick, you are getting a young player. So not only are you helping your chances to win now, you get some good return for the future as well.

3) Not only is the player young, but he has many of the tools the team needs and that we know the team is looking for.

4) His upside is enough to where in my opinion, you are getting a pretty good return on a risky investment (draft picks).

5) It is a low risk move because even if he does not work out, he is an expiring contract.

Taking all of that into consideration, I think it is worth while, even if he turns out to be a less talented version of RJ 2.0 fit wise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see the Spurs giving up a 1st rd pick for a 1yr rental. Please tell me how that makes any sense?

obligatory troll smasher Flux451's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talk bout defensive upgrade. how can anyone not want that for a Spurs team that has lost its step defensively?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can you trust a dude who calls himself "Incarcerated Bob"?
    Incarcerated Bob is a degenerate gambler, but he does have a decent track record when it comes to getting the beat on NY sports insider info b4 the main sources get it. I post on a NY Jets forum and they reference his tweets a lot. It's on his twitter that they first heard the news of Revis ending his holdout as well as other info. Sounds like bull , but he's been known to be a legit source, fyi...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The book on Chandler:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/...ilson_Chandler

Scouting Report
    Assets: Mixes good size and athleticism with coordination and a solid skill-level. Can play anywhere from shooting guard to power forward. Does it all, from blocking shots to hitting threes.

Flaws: A bit inconsistent and doesn't stand out in any one area. While he can score like a shooting guard and rebound like a power forward he might benefit by establishing a more clear role.

Career Potential: Above-average swingman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The book on Chandler:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/...ilson_Chandler

Scouting Report
    Assets: Mixes good size and athleticism with coordination and a solid skill-level. Can play anywhere from shooting guard to power forward. Does it all, from blocking shots to hitting threes.

Flaws: A bit inconsistent and doesn't stand out in any one area. While he can score like a shooting guard and rebound like a power forward he might benefit by establishing a more clear role.

Career Potential: Above-average swingman.
    First of all, he can't hit 3s consistently. Shooting a career best 32.8% in 2009 is not hitting 3s. I call it bricking. In the 2009-2010 season, he shot 26.7%. That's building a house. His rebounding percentage has also dropped since his rookie season.

He only improved his overall efficiency from the field and free throw percentage while declining in many other areas like defense, rebounding, 3 point shooting. He could be a very good NBA player if he kept up the effort in defense and rebounding his 1st 2 years but he has been contaminated by Mike D'antoni and declined in those key aspects of the game, all while sucking from 3.

So now, he can't rebound like a power forward nor score like an average shooting guard. Last I checked, a shooting guard can hit 3s at a somewhat efficient level. This guy can't.

I feel like I wrote this post for a certain Spur by the name of Richard Jefferson before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed the more i think of it the more wilson and rj are eerily similar minus the age of course thats a no brainer but in terms of skill set

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love the spurs to get martell webster instead for a 1st rounder
    i would love that. for the longest time i envied portland's deep wings, but seeing how they don't have outlaw or webster anymore. . .

chandler would be a nice change. teach that kid some D, and he can be a cheaper version of ariza

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who is going to be traded for him?

Doesn't look like we'd just pile his salary onto the others, but we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Anderson will end up playing the back up 3.

Parker/Hill
    Manu/Hill/Anderson
    RJ/Anderson

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs are willing to give chandler a long term contract, they can mold him into a trevor ariza who can play both the 3 and 4. could be highly useful against bryant, artest, AND odom. good addition if the spurs can get him.

Thread Information