Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and yeah so you can see why im a little disappointed to find out one of my favorite basketball players of all time is friends with this guy! this isnt a game to me people this guy represents everything i dislike in this world, hypocrisy to the fullest extent. do your homework folks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I, like many, want Susan Reed out. I wanted to vote for her opposition. Just seems like they could have found someone else.
    Last edited by ploto; 01-19-2014 at 06:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have no agenda vote for him if you like him i just cant believe he has the audacity to run for that type of position!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually, a felony drug arrest destroys your lifetime job opportunities.

Lawyers and politicians are different from you and me.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    The drug charges were 16 years ago when he was 19 or 20 years old. He received deferred adjudication and it was taken off his record. What has the guy done wrong in the last decade? (I'm not being sarcastic - I am just curious)

From what I know of his story, he turned his life around after his brother was shot and killed. He went to St Mary's Law School, became an attorney, got married, has a young kid(s), etc. I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?
    once a thug, always a thug. education may have smudged the stigma but never mopped it up tbh, and never will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the name alone sounds like a lowlife. nico lahood? lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the name alone sounds like a lowlife. nico lahood? lmao

haha very true. sounds like a used car salesman or a local middle aged burned-out petty drug dealer. who is this little landscaper and how is he friends with the spurs?

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red is voting for Reed. Thats good enough for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said this before but I'll say it again: An important aspect of our justice system is the concept of rehabilitation. It's the idea that a person can make a mistake, pay their debt to society, learn from that mistake, and turn their life around. If we didn't believe in that we'd just lock people up and throw away the key for any crime committed.

Now I can't say I know him personally but by looking at his credentials he seems to be a good example of what we want from our justice system. We don't want people to be the same as they were before the were arrested and punished, we want them to learn from that mistake and better their lives, and he seems to have done just that.

Also, if Reed doesn't believe in rehabilitation I'm not sure she should even be running for DA, must less hold the office.

Otherwise I'm not going to take the opinion of one person who claims to know him and judge him based on that.
    Last edited by PM5K; 10-13-2010 at 03:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people thought that since Michael Jackson was not convicted of anything, he deserved a second chance. (And a third, and a fourth.) And if you're one of those people, great. But I bet you wouldn't let him be your child's Boy Scout leader, would you? After Michael Jackson's first "youthful indiscretion", he should have put some limits on his own behavior. And after Little Nico's youthful indiscretion, he should have known that he wasn't going to have a career as District Attorney. The fact that he would even run for the office suggests a lot about his character.

I'm all for letting the man have a second chance in life. He can be a defense attorney. He could go run a drug rehab, and help other people get a second chance. But the same thing that disqualifies him from being a police officer should automatically disqualify him from being District Attorney. It's outrageous that we are even having a discussion about it.

For the record, Susan Reed is an unpleasant... person. And some of the things that make her unpleasant are exactly what makes her a reasonably good District Attorney. Several people have noted that Little Nico is a pleasant person. Well of course he is. He wants to follow in the family tradition of being an influence broker. It makes him fun to sit next to at a dinner party. It's how he makes friends with people like Tim and Malik. But the last freaking thing we need is a blatant influence peddler as District Attorney.

Nico LaHood was a rich little who wanted more money and influence, so he sold meth and steroids, and carried a gun. Now he's a grown up rich little who wants more money and influence, and he sees the DA's office as a way to get it. Frankly, I'd rather deal with an unapolagetic drug dealer than an influence-peddling District Attorney. It's easier to see the drug dealer for what he is, and he doesn't have the power of the legal system behind him. It makes him a lot easier to get rid of. But a "flexible" District Attorney can legitimize all sorts of unsavory characters, who will be more than happy to finance his next run for office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people thought that since Michael Jackson was not convicted of anything, he deserved a second chance. (And a third, and a fourth.) And if you're one of those people, great. But I bet you wouldn't let him be your child's Boy Scout leader, would you? After Michael Jackson's first "youthful indiscretion", he should have put some limits on his own behavior. And after Little Nico's youthful indiscretion, he should have known that he wasn't going to have a career as District Attorney. The fact that he would even run for the office suggests a lot about his character.

I'm all for letting the man have a second chance in life. He can be a defense attorney. He could go run a drug rehab, and help other people get a second chance. But the same thing that disqualifies him from being a police officer should automatically disqualify him from being District Attorney. It's outrageous that we are even having a discussion about it.
    You seem to be implying that Nico had several "youthful indiscretions" by comparing him to Michael Jackson when I thought he only had that one run in with the law. People with felonies on their record have and are serving in the military so I don't care too much for your perspective on what people can and can't do if they've already paid their debt to society.

I can understand one's bias against a person with a mark on their record but you're basically making a lot of baseless claims and trying to sensationalize things by comparing him to a child molester, imo.
    Last edited by Cane; 10-13-2010 at 09:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to be implying that Nico had several "youthful indiscretions" by comparing him to Michael Jackson when I thought he only had that one run in with the law. People with felonies on their record have and are serving in the military so I don't care too much for your perspective on what people can and can't do if they've already repaid their debt to society.

I can understand one's bias against a person with a mark on their record but you're basically making a lot of baseless claims and trying to sensationalize things by comparing him to a child molester, imo.
    Don't try and put words in my mouth. What I "implied" is that some actions have consequences. I'm not against the man having a second chance in life, but he needs to look somewhere other than the District Attorney's Office.

I'm glad you brought up the military, though. You are correct - the military has issued a small number of waivers for people with felonies to enlist. But guess what, Einstein? They don't allow those people to go to OCS, and become officers. What does that say to you? To a normal person, it says that some actions have consequences. And after doing certain stupid things, there are some career paths that are no longer open to you. Get over it.

You might also take note that the Army stopped issuing any felony waivers in 2009. (The other branches probably did too, but I don't know for certain.) The people who got waivers didn't have a very good track record. And with the downturn in the economy, they have more than enough people looking to enlist.

I didn't make ANY baseless claims, you moron. It's a simple fact that Little Nico was arrested in possession of distribution quan ies of meth and steroids, as well as a loaded gun. And he never "paid his debt to society". He got deferred adjudication, because of political influence.

Most other people understood the point about Michael Jackson, which was: He may have deserved a second chance in life - but to be safe, he shouldn't have been entrusted with other young children. And any parent who let it happen are just plain damned ignorant.

Like you.

[Edit: And, for the record, Little Nico did have more than one "youthful indiscretion". By his own admission, he dealt drugs for at least a year. It's not like he did it only once, and just happened to get caught. Not that it matters, except that you need to get your facts straight.]
    Last edited by GSH; 10-13-2010 at 10:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you get defensive GSH

Sorry, comparing Nico to Michael Jackson wasn't a good one. Seems like you're just trying to sensationalize by making such a comparison and insulting Nico and posters online. Imo you need to

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And after Little Nico's youthful indiscretion, he should have known that he wasn't going to have a career as District Attorney. The fact that he would even run for the office suggests a lot about his character.
    That he's ambitious? That he isn't limiting himself because of his past? That he doesn't check your opinion and follow your advice when making his own major decisions?

But the same thing that disqualifies him from being a police officer should automatically disqualify him from being District Attorney. It's outrageous that we are even having a discussion about it.
    Well that's certainly an oversight in the law. And I happen to agree with you-if it's been decided you don't have the discretion and credibility to be SAPD, but you can still decide who to prosecute? Uh...

But that's not Nico's fault, and he shouldn't live his life according to other people's sensibilities and perspective, he should be living to his own.

Blame the system, not Nico.

Nico LaHood was a rich little who wanted more money and influence, so he sold meth and steroids, and carried a gun. Now he's a grown up rich little who wants more money and influence, and he sees the DA's office as a way to get it.
    Oh, you've knownw him for decades then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the few people I've talked to, Reed has been an outstanding DA and is no danger of losing the position.

If Nico wants to run for public office and make a difference then he should search out a different position.

BTW, I admit to being completely uncertain of both parties and their qualifications for the position. I have no idea what type of difference Nico wants to make.

Some of the quotes I heard about Reed was

1. That she was a fantastic DA and that she needs to serve in a higher office at the State level. -- No, she didn't tell me that herself.

2. That she was great and other than having his name on the ballot, Nico has no shot to win.

That's all I got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little Nico believes in second chances - but not for everybody.

Nico's brother was shot and killed in the LaHood family driveway. The person who shot him was convicted and executed. Little Nico attended the execution. He expressed sympathy for the murderer's family, but he was more than happy to watch the man die.

But that's not the worst part. There was a second man, who was driving the car. He didn't kill the brother - he was over 80 feet away when the shot was fired. He says that he didn't know the other guy was going to kill Lahood, but he was sentenced to death also. Rick Perry commuted his sentence to life in prison. So how did little Nico respond to the Governor's decision? He was actually angry that he didn't get the chance to watch the driver of the car die as well:

Nico LaHood, whose brother was murdered on the driveway of the family home, was frustrated with the outcome.

"No one requested to talk to us. No one. Nothing," he said after a reporter told him of Perry's decision.

LaHood, who watched Brown die, had planned to be in the death chamber later Thursday to watch Foster die. Numerous court appeals previously had failed to overturn the jury verdict, he said.

"For the governor to do that, I believe he folded to political pressure," LaHood said.

So when Little Nico ruins other lives by selling drugs, he's all about second chances. But when something happens to his family, he wants everyone involved executed? How's that for hypocrisy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What - no witty comebacks? Or is it just difficult to understand how this could be the same guy you plan on voting for?

He claims that he is running against Susan Reed because criminals need education, not incarceration. But when someone commits a crime against his family, he wants everyone involved killed. Kind of hard to reconcile those two positions, isn't it?

The guy is utterly full of , which makes him perfectly suited to be a politician. If he somehow gets elected, just be sure that you never do anything to piss him off. Or piss off his family. Or his campaign contributors. Because he won't be recommending classes for you, like he suggests for aggravated drug dealers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [B][SIZE="3"]

So when Little Nico ruins other lives by selling drugs, he's all about second chances. But when something happens to his family, he wants everyone involved executed? How's that for hypocrisy?
    i guess what goes around comes around, u dont get murdered or shot at for no reason, they must be a reason....

now this a benefited from the proceeds of crime, got himself an education etc..fck that ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What - no witty comebacks?
    We reserve the witty comebacks for witty arguments.

In our society we believe certain crimes are so egregious that they disqualify the perpetrator of a second chance.

How can you not see the difference between someone that sold ecstasy pills and a group of gang members that robbed a man and shot him in the face?

"He was guilty. He was driving that car, he helped set that up, he was reaping the rewards. It was all of them working together on it," Susan Reed, the district attorney of Bexar County, where the case was prosecuted, told ABCNEWS.com earlier this month.
    I absolutely agree with her, and I think Lahood's feelings are pretty reasonable given the cir stances.

Having said that, just the same as Nico Lahood can run for District Attorney because no law forbids it, he has to accept that a clemency board can vote to grant clemency, and if they do the Governor can commute his sentence, which he did.

With the law you have to take the good and the bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before I knew his background the guy already look shady to me. I'm sure both are full of but he looks like a Guy that would curb stomp you if you told him hi wrong. She looks like she would walk by and be ehh and move on.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leticia Van De Putte LaHood.

isnt this the lady who wanted all the fat kids to lose weight or they were going to punish the parents?

coming from this fat ass

i wouldnt get on their bus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State Senator Carlos Uresti, warming up the crowd, boomed: “Are there any Spurs fans in the house!”

The crowd boomed back. Some came with basketballs, some wearing Duncan jerseys, some wearing Parker jerseys. One wearing a Matt Bonner jersey.
    Nice that Matt Bonner came out to support the guys as well.

Thread Information