Page 118 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4001
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put on the spot I actually put you on the ground of average when it comes to intelligence. You have yet to surprise me with your a en and you are certainly intellectually lazy which in large part I think is intentional but at the same time you are definitely the special brand of stupid that WC brings to the table. I really do not for sure though. You do not have a constant litany of plain stupid takes; you just have halflhearted attempts at understanding that falls back on pundits.

Its pretty common in this country and especially this state.

Youre in some ways a generic AM Talk Radio/Drudge Report/news via emails and blogs type but I don't think your far right wing either.
    Not that I asked for the personality assessment but, thanks!

Look, I went to another website and got this nifty horoscope:

You have good control over your own life whether you like the direction it is taking or not. Making changes with your life path could be considered at this time, if you want. You could take little steps toward change -- one step at a time, you can do anything. Consider a more artistic direction. The movement of the business day itself is difficult. A clear-minded insight into your own plans is possible now--new methods or ideas are available to you. This is a very good time to communicate your goals. Sympathy and understanding are emotional qualities that take on greater importance now. It's wisdom that will be most helpful at this time. Coming to grips with the past gives you a sense of knowing and understanding. Moving forward is good.
    I think I'll go with the horoscope people, they know me better.

You crack me up, dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the insurance industry?
    Credible?

Ever dealt with one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, I once went to a website that said my IQ was 148. Is that average?

Please tell me it's of average intelligence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a website told you you were a genius and you believed it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever you say, genius
    Last edited by Winehole23; 04-19-2012 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, I once went to a website that said my IQ was 148. Is that average?

Please tell me it's of average intelligence.
    Higher than mine.

Of course, one of the weaknesses of being intelligent is the ability to rationalize your own decisions and convince yourself that you are right, despite contravening evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More faulty logic. I have debunked this type of idea already.

That you can't see how/why this is a bad argument has ceased to concern me. I am a bit tired of spoon feeding you critical thinking. Not only is this bad logic, the underlying idea actually supports AGW. If you can't figure out why I might think that, then you simply prove my OP.

You can stop proving the OP already. I don't need any more from you to prove that to any reasonable degree. Thank you.

Just pointing out that a scientific consensus doesn't mean scientific correctness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put on the spot I actually put you on the ground of average when it comes to intelligence. You have yet to surprise me with your a en and you are certainly intellectually lazy which in large part I think is intentional but at the same time you are definitely the special brand of stupid that WC brings to the table. I really do not for sure though. You do not have a constant litany of plain stupid takes; you just have halflhearted attempts at understanding that falls back on pundits.

Its pretty common in this country and especially this state.

Youre in some ways a generic AM Talk Radio/Drudge Report/news via emails and blogs type but I don't think your far right wing either.
    One should never underestimate the intelligence of people you disagree with.

I would quantify WC as being above average intelligence as well, and Yonivore is very obviously intelligent.

The problem is a lack of critical thinking skills, and an inability to analyse problems for critical underlying assumptions.

I'll stop the psycho-analysis there, and simply note that intelligence and wisdom are not always one and the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just pointing out that a scientific consensus doesn't mean scientific correctness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Credible?

Ever dealt with one?
    I worked in the industry for over 5 years. I know how actuaries work thus my pointing out that they walk the walk in addition to talking the talk. When they make claims like that AND pull out of markets that speaks to me.

Its amazing how you have this perspective concerning them but lack that same insight from the enrgy lobby. As I said no standard will deter you. At least now you've stopped with the 'can't you read' dissembling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would quantify WC as being above average intelligence as well, and Yonivore is very obviously intelligent.

The problem is a lack of critical thinking skills, and an inability to analyse problems for critical underlying assumptions.

I'll stop the psycho-analysis there, and simply note that intelligence and wisdom are not always one and the same.
    I think that lack of critical thinking skills underscores a lack of intelligence. What secures me in that knowledge about WC was our discussion about capacitors and flywheels. He had no idea of their properties and has been changing them out litererally for decades. Intellectual dishonesty and laziness only go so far.

When it comes down to it with Yoni, I don't really know. From what I can tell, Yoni is just stubborn. But as I admit my experience is limited.

You've read WC's thought experience. Lets create bull graphs or have Dr. EZ Bake Oven Thought experiments that model the ocean using a solubility chart. That would be cute coming from a 6th grader and their first science experiment but when your still stuck on that approach after 4 decades, thats shows serious mental limitations.

His flaglot nonsense and not understanding why a women and other people would be turned off by that demonstrates serious social limitations.

i expect that kind of from special needs kids and not a grown man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By all means point out what is scientifically incorrect with the papers I've posted.

I'll hold my breath and wait now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By all means point out what is scientifically incorrect with the papers I've posted.

I'll hold my breath and wait now.

Did I say anything specifically about "your" papers being incorrect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worked in the industry for over 5 years.
    My point is made.

I know how actuaries work thus my pointing out that they walk the walk in addition to talking the talk. When they make claims like that AND pull out of markets that speaks to me.

Its amazing how you have this perspective concerning them but lack that same insight from the enrgy lobby. As I said no standard will deter you. At least now you've stopped with the 'can't you read' dissembling.
    Calm down, I'm just ing with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, thank God you found a problem. I was beginning to worry.

Good idea; I'd only mock you with my lack of critical thinking skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is made.
    What point would that be?

Calm down, I'm just ing with you.
    Then what is your actual position. this stinks of dissembling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher than mine.

Of course, one of the weaknesses of being intelligent is the ability to rationalize your own decisions and convince yourself that you are right, despite contravening evidence.
    Did you know that 100% of IQ figures posted in internet forum threads are an underestimated inflation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What point would that be?
    Someone else can take this one. I'm pretty sure Fuzzy's the only one in the room that didn't get the joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone else can take this one. I'm pretty sure Fuzzy's the only one in the room that didn't get the joke.
    You've been doing so much dissembling in this thread that you try and take multiple positions. The only real consistent take that i have seen is the "IPCC AL GORE AGCC SCIENTISTS LIE AL GORE!!!"

First time I noticed it on this particular discussion is when you went from FL was supposed to be underwater to the they didn't report what my blogs have told me after they mocked you about the hundred years.

After RG posted their citations you went straight back to the AL GORE IPCC AGCC AL GORE thing then back to the its supposed to be flooded by now.

I will play along and guess that when you said in reference to the insurance industry "I've made my point" you were doing the 'witty' routine along the lines of lawyer jokes. I didn't work in policy service, they didn't work on commission anyway, and I do not have the sense of humor to find cliche funny unless its over the top.

Regardless humor like that in the form of 'sarcasm' typically has a point. I was just asking for one which has been a similar wonderment of mine the entire time. You just seem to be in a pissing contest rather than have a point to how risk assessment should be handled regarding climate change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've been doing so much dissembling in this thread that you try and take multiple positions. The only real consistent take that i have seen is the "IPCC AL GORE AGCC SCIENTISTS LIE AL GORE!!!"

First time I noticed it on this particular discussion is when you went from FL was supposed to be underwater to the they didn't report what my blogs have told me after they mocked you about the hundred years.

After RG posted their citations you went straight back to the AL GORE IPCC AGCC AL GORE thing then back to the its supposed to be flooded by now.

I will play along and guess that when you said in reference to the insurance industry "I've made my point" you were doing the 'witty' routine along the lines of lawyer jokes. I didn't work in policy service, they didn't work on commission anyway, and I do not have the sense of humor to find cliche funny unless its over the top.

Regardless humor like that in the form of 'sarcasm' typically has a point. I was just asking for one which has been a similar wonderment of mine the entire time. You just seem to be in a pissing contest rather than have a point to how risk assessment should be handled regarding climate change.
    OMG! Somebody ing unplug him.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    OMG! Somebody ing unplug him.
    That's the purpose of the "IGNORE" option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up? I just want to know if you have a point other than a pissing contest and incredulity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were just being a pussy. As has been pointed out by ohters the level of asshurt in that sig is on the level of a bleeding infected hemorrhoid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up? I just want to know if you have a point other than a pissing contest and incredulity.
    Actually, Random and I finished the conversation several posts ago.

I am kind of interested in Manny's impressions but, I think he bailed on the thread a while ago.

You never actually understood the conversation being had so, there is really nothing to give up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I meant for his own good. He's free to keep blathering about something not germane to the conversation, if he likes. It's a free world.

Thread Information