Page 119 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4001
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    No, I meant for his own good. He's free to keep blathering about something not germane to the conversation, if he likes. It's a free world.
    I got to where I couldn't stand the unwarranted attacks and sidesteps myself. Calling me names when he didn't understand my points got very irritating.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got to where I couldn't stand the unwarranted attacks and sidesteps myself. Calling me names when he didn't understand my points got very irritating.
    It's more entertaining when he doesn't know that he's the one not on the same page as everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I say anything specifically about "your" papers being incorrect?
    The next time you actually say something specifically will be the first. Yours is a constant stream of implications. If your point was that science could be wrong well then BRAVO. We could after all learn that we're inside the Matrix tomorrow at which point the science would be extremely wrong. We could discover a long hidden molecule that does everything that CO2 seems to do and at that point the science would be wrong. Etc etc etc etc.

I noticed that while you were pointing out that consensus could be wrong, you sure as didn't post any articles or blogs about how often consensus is right.

Which do you think happens more often? A case like your bacteria/ulcers situation, or a case like the hundreds of thousands of other theories in science that aren't disproven?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, Random and I finished the conversation several posts ago.

I am kind of interested in Manny's impressions but, I think he bailed on the thread a while ago.

You never actually understood the conversation being had so, there is really nothing to give up.
    Repeating that I did not understand the point over and over again is not going to make it true.

I get that you wanted to belabor a point from only the angle that you choose but you did in the midst of your waffling from position to position to their refutations say:

a) that you thought the presidents claims about Florida were innacurate
    b) that you felt that the AGCC and AL DERP GORE were poor ambassadors and that lay people such as yourself cannot trust was a serious issue.

If you did indeed make those assertions then how is bringing up the insurance industry as an alternate source that is a major industry with obvious 'conservative' inclinations claiming the exact same thing not germane?

I can get why you don't want to consider it and I know that I am belaboring a point but if you want to force the issue with a serious dissembler thats what you have to do.

You just dismiss it out of hand.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I noticed that while you were pointing out that consensus could be wrong, you sure as didn't post any articles or blogs about how often consensus is right.
    That still isn't a scientific method.

Facts make statistics. Statistics don't make facts.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next time you actually say something specifically will be the first. Yours is a constant stream of implications. If your point was that science could be wrong well then BRAVO. We could after all learn that we're inside the Matrix tomorrow at which point the science would be extremely wrong.
    Now, if you were being realistic, you would have said we could experience an existential threat between now and 2100 that would make all this global climate science moot.

Asteroid strike.

Super volcano eruption.

Alien invasion.

I think you get the picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That still isn't a scientific method.

Facts make statistics. Statistics don't make facts.
    Yeah the correlative analysis of BEST cannot be considered factual but modeling using solubility charts and combustion in the troposphere: thats the scientific method.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I thought the goal to support one's theory in science was to do everything possible to disprove it. Once you couldn't find anything to disprove it, the theory has merit.

Why doesn't the AGW community practice such an approach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the goal to support one's theory in science was to do everything possible to disprove it. Once you couldn't find anything to disprove it, the theory has merit.

Why doesn't the AGW community practice such an approach?

Remind me again about how you understand science?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DERP!!

The scientific method is a way to ask and answer scientific questions by making observations and doing experiments.
    The steps of the scientific method are to:

Ask a Question
    Do Background Research
    Construct a Hypothesis
    Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
    Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
    Communicate Your Results

It is important for your experiment to be a fair test. A "fair test" occurs when you change only one factor (variable) and keep all other conditions the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combustion of the troposphere is still pretty damn good.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Remind me again about how you understand science?
    Peanut gallery comments again. Have anything intelligent to say?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Combustion of the troposphere is still pretty damn good.
    It would be impossible in the current state of the earth. Do you know how the magnetic field, and other variables were that long ago? What other chemistry might have been at play?

I was only making a case that such a thing might have been possible. I never said it did. For you to outright dismiss such a thing is not scientific at all. I will agree it's highly improbable.

Last...

You restated what I said wrong also. I never said troposphere, and I was going for slower molecular changes that most don't think of as combustion.

Please... keep the facts strait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be impossible in the current state of the earth. Do you know how the magnetic field, and other variables were that long ago? What other chemistry might have been at play?

I was only making a case that such a thing might have been possible. I never said it did. For you to outright dismiss such a thing is not scientific at all.

Last...

You restated what I said wrong also. I never said troposphere, and I was going for slower molecular changes that most don't think of as combustion.

Please... keep the facts strait.
    See Manny. There you have it: the scientific method at work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe my dissertation will be on paleoatmospheric combustion evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, I would need to read the research on magnetic field history.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I can see you being the type who if you lived back then, also laughed at the idea it would be possible to go faster than the speed of sound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sick burn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC, remember that one time you said you were testing me?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    First, I would need to read the research on magnetic field history.
    Don't be as short sighted as you always are. I said "and other variables" as well.

My point is that the chemistry does allow for it under some conditions. The question would be if those conditions could have been met.

Again, highly improbable. I simply cannot believe that you have no acceptance of unlikely events being able to happen.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    WC, remember that one time you said you were testing me?
    No, care to link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure it's clear to most that you are talking out your ass.

The disk of the earth covers about 0.0000000453% of the solar radiation based on a sphere of our orbit. The emission of particles from the sun is about 1.3 E36.second. this mean the earth will collect about 1.86 E34 particles/year, most of which protium. If it were all protium, this would yield to as much as 9.3 E33 molecules of water per year, or 2.78 megatonnes.

Now this is very small as a normal increase in the earths water. Not even measurable. However, if we did go through a large ejection of stellar matter in the past, it could become a very large increase in total water volume.
    LOL...

No ing way. That would be like a research paper.

I do wonder however how much water we possibly gained, by maybe a CME that the earth's orbit went through. There could be some truth to the forty days and forty nights of rain, the Bible speaks of. Proxy evidence tells us that the earths oxygen level use to be higher, which would likely be required for dinosaurs to have existed.
    Hes right; I get those 't's mixed up. DERP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    idiot.

First of all, i said "there could be some truth to the forty days and forty nights of rain, the bible speaks of."

i never said the earth was covered. I intended to convey 40 continuous days of rain. The rest is your delusional prejudiced.

I corrected exosphere to thermosphere, and mentioned it reaches 2500 c when your 1000 degree units wasn't specified. Did you know there is a difference between kelvin, celsius, and fahrenheit? Must i assume you don't since you didn't specify? Am i suppose to read your mind and guess?

I only mentioned this as one of several ways the ocean rises.

I mentioned proxy evidence tells us the oxygen content of our atmosphere used to be greater. I forget what it was, but the link that manny used jokingly say it was 50% more. The hydrogen would have combined with the oxygen already in the atmosphere... My god... Just how stupid are you?

Fuzzy...

It is obvious to anyone being honest that you are a joke.
    derp!!!

Thread Information