Page 13 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Either you are guilty of selective memory or you are not paying attention.
    Example please.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The proof can be easily located in the IPCC reports. I'm not reinventing the wheel - I'm telling you the scientists are right.
    What section and paragraph have I missed please. I have the SAR, TAR, and AR4 at my fingerprints saved on my HD.

Troll
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a conservative white male who hates everyone else
    I've not met bigger loser in my life, even in Kazakhstan. You try and break record for most stupid man?

You play on internet all days. Find a woman, you can use my sister.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temperature reconstructions that create hockey sticks from red noise are suspect. Do you disagree? That reconstruction by Michael Mann (ala Mike's "nature trick" fame) was once prominantly displayed in the IPCC reports. Of course, Penn State fully exonerated Mann (so surprise there).

Tell me, RG, do you think Alfred Wegener was a pseudoscientist? His theory of continental drift was certainly not the consensus view at the time.
    After reading the wiki article, I do not think Alfred Wegener was a pseudoscientist.

That you are attempting to link the denial of AGW to the "downtrodden", but valid, ideas of the past is also a hallmark of pseudoscientists as given in the OP.

In the end, new data arrived showing that Mr. Wegener's theory was correct in most respects.

We will similarly gather data year after year on our climate.

What will you do/think if/when that data continues to support AGW?

How big will you have to posit the conspiracy to advance this theory and discredit denial to be, before it collapses under the weight of implausibility?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 10-13-2010 at 09:58 AM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Don't you find the weighting odd for the different areas measured on page 677?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is undeniable this planet is warming.

LOL @ Manny that he thinks anyone denies this.

Oh, and by the way, science does not progress by consensus. It progresses by shattering consensus.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It is undeniable this planet is warming.
    Those who keep saying that when we agree start sounding like idiots. Nobody denies that the planet has warmed. Will you stop making statements we agree with as if we don't? It also proves you are not listening to us. As long as you are not open to other views, and fail to hear what others actually say, the truth will always elude you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you find the weighting odd for the different areas measured on page 677?
    no. How much of the earth's surface does the southern hemisphere cover?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Oh, and by the way, science does not progress by consensus. It progresses by shattering consensus.
    No , that is true. If we never challenged popular beliefs in sciences, we could still be living like Neanderthals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You deny the hockey stick which is the graphic representation of the warming. Science progresses by coming to a consensus. Sometimes its expected, other times not. If you can provide scientific proof to shatter this consensus then please do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No , that is true. If we never challenged popular beliefs in sciences, we could still be living like Neanderthals.
    Challenge them - with scientific proof. Not with "I don't believe" "I don't trust".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who keep saying that when we agree start sounding like idiots. Nobody denies that the planet has warmed. Will you stop making statements we agree with as if we don't? It also proves you are not listening to us. As long as you are not open to other views, and fail to hear what others actually say, the truth will always elude you.
    You deny the hockey stick which is the graphic representation of the warming. Science progresses by coming to a consensus. Sometimes its expected, other times not. If you can provide scientific proof to shatter this consensus then please do so.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    no. How much of the earth's surface does the southern hemisphere cover?
    Problem is the assignment makes it appear they are using only one dataset. How many data points from the SH are they using? Did the cherry pick the one that makes their point or not?

Too much surrounding the AGW dogma is closed to the facts. Too many unanswered questions.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 10-13-2010 at 10:10 AM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I don't trust the temperature readings since they apply a formula to change the raw data, use ones that are in temperature islands, and discard the ones that are still in true natural setting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ Manny that he thinks anyone denies [the planet is warming].
    Should I find all those "oh my god its snowing, look how silly those global warming alarmists are" threads?

I also seem to remember you specifically attempting to argue just that.

Do you want to dare me to find those posts too?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Challenge them - with scientific proof. Not with "I don't believe" "I don't trust".
    Why isn't it enough to say "show me your evidence?" And I mean the at the root level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Too much surrounding the 9-11 official theory dogma is close to the facts. Too many unanswered questions.
    Didn't have to change too many words there to illustrate the common MO, did I?

9-11 truthers, not unlike OV and yourself, want everything perfectly, 100% explained, while ignoring the fact that there will be ambiguities and even contradicting evidence while studying complex systems and events.

That is the way I have come to view many in the "denier" movement, and I am not alone in that observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't trust the temperature readings since they apply a formula to change the raw data, use ones that are in temperature islands, and discard the ones that are still in true natural setting.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Didn't have to change too many words there to illustrate the common MO, did I?

9-11 truthers, not unlike OV and yourself, want everything perfectly, 100% explained, while ignoring the fact that there will be ambiguities and even contradicting evidence while studying complex systems and events.

That is the way I have come to view many in the "denier" movement, and I am not alone in that observation.
    Well, I noticed I wrote "close" instead of "closed" as intended. I edited that. As for the 9/11 debate, first off that's a different thread, and the science is on the side that the buildings did fall from structural weakening and heat combined. There is nothing scientifically that can show these in error. We continually find scientific flaws with the AGW work.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    There you go again, laughing instead of addressing the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, scientific theory's logical end is not wide acceptance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should I find all those "oh my god its snowing, look how silly those global warming alarmists are" threads?

I also seem to remember you specifically attempting to argue just that.

Do you want to dare me to find those posts too?

I post anecdotal evidence to make fun of AGW alarmists, who constantly use anecdotal evidence to support their cause.

That said, there hasn't been statistically significant warming in the last 15 years. , even Phil Jones admits that.

Has the Earth warmed in the past century? Yes.
    Is that warmth unprecedented? I don't think so.
    Given the hundreds of factors that affect climate, is human-produced CO2 the PRIMARY cause of this warming? I don't think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go again, laughing instead of addressing the point.
    Oh I'm sorry, you had a point? One day you'll understand my point: I don't care what you don't trust, I care what you can prove.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I'm ready to call this a win for us Darrin. We keep asking questions they are unable to respond to in any meaningful way.

Thread Information