Page 146 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4001
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I have no doubt about any of this.

The guy is a high-functioning sociopath. I hesitated to tell him I was an accountant, and have little doubt he has combed through my profile here.

I am genuinely concerned.

(edit)

Make that "no doubt"
    When you cannot debate my arguments, you now have to attempt to demonize me by lying about me being a sociopath. This behavior is expected by those who lack intellectual honesty and integrity.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    FWIW, I have placed PopTech on my ignore list.

His "attention from Randomguy" card has been pulled.

It is out of simple concern for my own well-being. I genuinely think he is a bit insane, and capable of causing me some harm, if only internet stalking, and/or some form of outing.

Not that I have anything to hide, but who knows what an enraged narcisst might do? Creepy.
    Your delusions that I after any remote interest in "attention" from you speaks to your narcissism.

ROFLMAO to your paranoid fantasies for your safety.

Either post evidence of me ever "stalking" anyone on the Internet (following someone around) or retract this libel.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Keep telling yourself that.

Because it's better to think that, than to think someone you admire might not be worth admiring, but rather should pitied, or even feared.
    Your reason for attempting to demonize me is clear from this post. At least you have conceded by this behavior that you cannot debate me.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I don't know what he would do.

The kind of lack of empathy inherent in such a person means that he won't have any of the normal inhibitions to all sorts of things.

Like I said, creepy.
    ROFLMAO! Your delusions continue. Just because I do not care if I hurt your "feelings" online does not translate into wishing anyone physical harm in real life. The only thing disturbing is your sick vendetta to demonize me this way.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I stopped debating you awhile ago. Your train of thought is easy to see because you catalog enough of it publicly.
    You stopped debating me because you cannot. My train of thought it consistently rational.

You are also not the only person that I have had experience that behaves like you do. I did not just pull that disorder out of a hat.
    I am sure you tried to demonize others with lies when you have been unable to debate them as well.

Psychologists do their science in a way that you can appreciate. They catalog all of the various 'behaviors' and define them and then try to categorize them. They take special notice in those that they deem to be antisocial. Now one of these categories of antisocial behavior is NPD.
    Actually I do not appreciate the way psychologists do their "science" and desperate people then misuse it to smear others.

All of this is a a collection of traits they have found within a number of people that they too have studied. Now you may 'think' that you have such and such disorder but the fact is that the two ideas are not mutually exclusive. You can both have this particular disorder and exhibit antisocial behavior.
    Do you have a special badge I should wear that states I am an introvert? Or are you just mad that I do not accept your lies about me and do not wish to be friendly with people who do? This is where you have to go to when you get defeated in an argument, instead of accepting it.

I can only imagine what those other bloggers thought when you posted their particular entries in your 'Truth' series. Pipe bombs and criminals.
    So you continue to lie that I mentioned "pipe bombs" anywhere? Are you in denial that Lefebvre was found guilty of money laundering?

NETeller ex-directors on money laundering charges (Reuters, January 16, 2007)

Now look I know that you are once again going to do a line by line response and you are going to deny all of this and you are more than a little scary so rather than continue doing this I am going to put you on ignore. I just want to say 3 things before I go.
    The failed attempts at demonization continues.

First, be careful with WC. He seems to have a thing for you. He has been preening for you all day. He stalks people too.
    Do these desperate tactics really work? What I have seen is that he simply agrees with me on these issues.

Second, I am sorry for the way that I have treated you. I have intentionally pushed your buttons and mocked you for it. That was very poor form.
    The only thing you should be apologizing for is your repeated lies.

Finally, please go and get some help. Re-read that survey and think about what you wrote. Take that to any shrink; they will concur. If you have people you trust then show it to them. Show it to someone.
    Thanks for the ultimate confession of having lost the argument.
    Last edited by Poptech; 05-06-2012 at 07:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issues.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I know it and its been known in the climate community because scientists also know where the water is. Analyzing data from the GRACE satellite has shown exactly where the water is and it does not help your case one bit. This is why sea level change is not analyzed on a year to year basis but as a trend (just like temp and all over climate data).
    I know that people are studying it. It's a constant project. Where do you think I found the info? I just figured those who are indoctrinating you may not have told you. Hence, the question, meaning "do any of you..."

Yes, I recall seeing this mentioned before. I don't recall the levels being more than 5 mm though. Naturally it's because of more rain.

LOL @ you thinking that people who study this don't know.
    LOL at your one again incorrect assumption of what I think. And yes, I saw data from Grace as well.

Should I just wait for you to tell me what I am thinking all the time since you claim to be an expert psychic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thinkprogress and graph from cartoonist climate blog in one post.

Bravo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bravo
    Is it incorrect because it is on that website and the author is a "cartoonist" with a blog?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know why the sea level dropped by 5 mm in 2011? Do you guys know it did, or do your alarmist outlets not tell you such things?
    I generally don't read websites that talk about how much/little the sea rose/sank in a given year.

I get no data either way.

One would expect variances in long term trends.

If it continues to drop over ten years, then it becomes a bit more meaningful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of which.

Atmospheric CO2 as measured at the Muana Loa observatory at the start of the thread, in October 2010:

Current Atmopheric CO2, same station, March 2012:

This thread has been going on long enough to see changes, as measured.

CO2 when I joined Spurstalk, 2005:

CO2 concentration when I graduated highschool, circa 1988

CO2 when I was born, circa 1970:

Dataset can be found in an Excel spreadheet:

http://co2now.org/Current-CO2/CO2-No...-co2-data.html

Nifty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bravo
    Lack of anything resembling a persuasive argument. Ridicule and ad hominem in one statement.

Bravo.

is there even any evidence that the latter lies like you do?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I generally don't read websites that talk about how much/little the sea rose/sank in a given year.

I get no data either way.

One would expect variances in long term trends.

If it continues to drop over ten years, then it becomes a bit more meaningful.
    Yes, that's all it was. A short term anomaly. It's back to it's normal trend. Still, I have a hard time when people like to claim it's from CO2, when so many other factors play a roll. I say it's impossible for them to have an educated guess of the level changes by CO2 warming when the other levels are not accounted for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bravo
    Tell me again how you care about the science??!?!?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotz da youtoobz now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me again how you care about the science??!?!?!?
    If you get the chance, here is a good bit that outlines the diffrences between skepticism, and irrational denial:

http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/denier-vs-skeptic/

Browsing through these links, it strikes me as having a close parallel to a lot of 9-11 or creationist debunker websites and clearinghouses.

The more time one spends on the merry-go-round, the easier it is to see who is being reasonable and who is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Browsing through these links, it strikes me as having a close parallel to a lot of 9-11 or creationist debunker websites and clearinghouses.

You forgot holocaust denialists and fake moon landing nutters.

Seriously, point me to the evidence of strong, postive climate feedback and I will become a "believer" again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, when you are dealing with ideologic nutjobs, you have to keep in the back of your head, they are fighting, to them, a direct battle between good and evil.

The ends start justifying the means at that point.

Skeptical Science [a website devoted to climate science] hacked, private user details publicly posted online

Sometime over the last few days, the Skeptical Science website has been hacked. The hacker has taken much or all of the Skeptical Science database, zipped various excerpts into a single file, uploaded the file onto a Russian website then linked to the zip file from various blogs. While we are still attempting to verify the authenticity of the file, initial scans seem to indicate the hacker has included the entire database of Skeptical Science users. Access to the full database (which includes private details) is restricted only to myself and I am the only one with access to all of the raw data - this fact alone indicates that this breach of privacy came in the form of an external hack rather than from within Skeptical Science itself.

Of great concern is the fact that the hacker has published personal details such as emails and IP addresses of each user. Many users for various reasons have posted under pseudonyms and the Skeptical Science Comments Policy forbids cyberstalking. Consequently, that the private details of every Skeptical Science user has been stolen and publicly posted is a deeply regretable and unfortunate occurence.

Although user passwords are encrypted in the database, it is unknown whether the hacker has been successful in decrypting passwords. As a safeguard, it is highly recommended that everyone update their user passwords. You can do this via the Update Profile form.

Rest assured, we are working hard to upgrade Skeptical Science's security in order to more robustly protect users' private details. We are also in the process of soliciting legal advice on these matters and contacting the appropriate authorities. We would like to thank those who have come to us with information about this hack and those who have decided against spreading the aforementioned files (e.g. Anthony Watts). We all believe that protecting the privacy of individuals is of the utmost importance and we would hope that all illegally obtained do ents and files are removed from uploaded servers and disposed of.
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/Skep...ed-online.html

This is not the kind of thing that an honest, ethical skeptic would undertake.

Honestly, it smacks to me of borderline terrorism, wherein really unethical things are done by people who have rationalized all sorts of unethical behavior in order to acheive a political goal.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seriously, point me to the evidence of strong, postive climate feedback and I will become a "believer" again.
    It is out there if you cared to look. I don't think you are not being honest about that, either to me, or to yourself. Sorry.

What does it say to you that the people who deal with moon hoaxers, twoofers, creationists, etc. think that people who are denying AGW tend to seem to them like the same kind of people?

I am not the only one to come to this conclusion, and I came to it completely independently of anyone else, before discovering I wasn't the only one who thinks this way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Liar. Without strong feedbacks, we wouldn't have glacials and interglacials. But yeah, you're much smarter than most scientists and they just have it wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really compelling arguments.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Liar. Without strong feedbacks, we wouldn't have glacials and interglacials. But yeah, you're much smarter than most scientists and they just have it wrong.
    All these feedback's still are positive or negative feedback from the source of the energy.

Our sun...

Any changes in our sun have a similar change at the output of all these feedback processes.

Thread Information