Page 150 of 161 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4001
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Nice find, but of course it will be dismissed for some erroneous reason.

There are no skeptics in AGW science. Skepticism, which all, scientists should be, are tared and feathered in the climate community.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Geo ingthermal? REALLY? Have you learned nothing about the north pole?

Look at a god damn map.

Jesus Christ talking to you and Darrin is like talking to a couple of re ed kids.
    Will you stop with the changing topic on your replies pleas. When you said volume, that includes the ice over land. I'm referring to Greenland and Antarctica. There have been reports of Greenland's geothermal levels increasing. I don't know about Antarctica.

Geothermal affects ice sheets and glaciers more than atmospheric temperature. Melts them from the bottom. Makes them more pliable to flow faster as well.

Haven't they taught you that fact in you classes?
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 05-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're now saying that sea ice doesn't have volume?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just gets better and better with each reply.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You're now saying that sea ice doesn't have volume?

I didn't say that either.

I was wondering if I switched topics. With the loss of previous quotes on replies, it's hard to keep up.

Now I did just recently clarify Greenland and Antarctica... didn't I.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    just gets better and better with each reply.
    I'll bet you're an expert at Twister.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the whole thing. Another real good piece of propaganda by a charlatan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, scientists never considered water vapor.
    Sea ice has no volume.
    Geothermal activity is melting sea ice

PS

The ocean is like a soda.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yeah, scientists never considered water vapor.
    There was no focus on it in the video. Only CO2.
    Sea ice has no volume.
    I never said that. that is you lying about what I say.
    Geothermal activity is melting sea ice
    I specified land ice. Why are you so stupid?
    PS

The ocean is like a soda.
    Do you realize how big of an idiot your are being?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh well if there was no mention of it in one youtube video certainly scientists have never considered it.

Yeah, I'm being a huge idiot, WC. I realize it.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Oh well if there was no mention of it in one youtube video certainly scientists have never considered it.

The no mention does matter. H2O is the strongest greenhouse gas. It is a lie by omission, making the viewer think that only increased CO2 can be the cause. Any starting changes in the earths temperature will increase the H2O content in the air also.

CO2 changes by what? Around 50%? H2O changes by more than that. If we go to the alarmist belief that CO2 increases temperature by 3C for doubling, then a 50% increase is about a 1C increase for CO2. However, the forcing of water vapor is at least 3 times that of CO2. Doubling of water vapor is at least 9C then.

Have you ever seen how the Water vapor content in the air changes over the earth during these long term changes?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    No it doesn't. It supports what I say.

Just how are you claiming it doesn't?
    Did anyone even consider asking why is supported what I said?

Carefully consider the qualifiers and assumptions used in those studies.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Yeah it was nice. After looking at Poptech's climate database, I got a new appreciation for just how much sophistry denial science is. He categorizes the arguments and his broken brain just spews out the header.

You do a lot of the same thing. How many times have we watched you just look at an article or video le and just paste that up. We have watched you go through the exact same headers that he does. You cite Poptech constantly and participate with his characterizations and sophistry along with him.

That's just how you roll.
    Poor Fuzzy cannot handle the volume of science supporting skeptic arguments so he has to lie about and smear those who bested him in debates. People can read your failure to out debate me here, you will have to live with it.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    How many times have you brought up the picture of the cartoonist or discounted his input with that picture from Poptech's smear article?
    Which cartoonist is that John Cook from Skeptical Science or Peter Sinclair AKA "Greenman" from YouTube? Unlike you Darrin prefers his science from climatologists like Richard Lindzen, Patrick Michaels, John Christy and Roy Spencer. As has been established here, someone with a Ph.D. in a scientific field relevant to the subject or who has published on the subject is more likely to be knowledgeable about this subject. "Cartoonist" is not a scientific profession.
    Last edited by Poptech; 05-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Thats the salient point and UAH does not really argue superiority he just moves onto other things.
    RSS looks superior in showing the 14-year cooling trend,

Then again so does HADCRU,
    Last edited by Poptech; 05-13-2012 at 01:34 AM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

I'm not laughing about you being an idiot. I just hope you money being spent on a college education will get you somewhere. Who do you plan to work for anyway? An AGW team who any wants "yes men" who do and say what they want without question?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Poptech is on your ignore list.
    Why you ask?

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.
    Causes, incidence, and risk factors All Fail

The causes of this disorder are unknown. An overly sensitive personality and parenting problems may affect the development of this disorder.
    Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation Fail - None of my reactions have been rage, shame or humiliation. This is a forum, you cannot see my physical person which remains completely calm at all times online.

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals Fail - I have not taken advantage of anyone. That is just absurd.

Have excessive feelings of self-importance Fail - I have no such feelings

Exaggerate achievements and talents Fail - I have exaggerated nothing

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love Fail - on all counts, I am already successful, I do not seek "power", I am not vain, I have no fantasies about my intelligence, I am in a fullfilling relationship with a beautiful women

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment True - You got me there, I do not expect to be dishonestly lied about and now smeared as you and RG have done.

Need constant attention and admiration Fail - Absolute fail, You have no idea how I do not care for attention or admiration.

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy Check - I could careless about yours or anyone else's feelings online. All I care about is what is true.

Have obsessive self-interest - Check - This is true but it has nothing to with this disorder but actually something else. I believe I have a mild form of aspergers syndrome similar to Michael Burry that allows me to relentlessly concentrate on a topic if I choose. This is actually a strength as I effectively never tire.

Pursue mainly selfish goals - Absolutely False - My whole point for doing this is I do not like liars like you and other alarmists. If you never stated any lies I would not even be here.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Good, he doesn't know what he is missing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think i am just going to troll Poptech and post that survey he was kind enough to fill out for us.

I really liked the part where he has no delusions but says that he thinks he has aspbergers similar to a billionaire hedge fund manager. I am surprised he didn't go with high functioning autism and Richard Dreyfuss.

Misdiagnosing Personality Disorders as Asperger's Disorder

In contrast, the Asperger's patient, though verbose at times (and taciturn on other occasions) has a far more limited range of tediously repe ive topics. People with Asperger's fail to observe conversational rules and etiquette (for instance, let others speak in turn). The Asperger's patient is unaware and, therefore, unable to decipher body language and external social and nonverbal cues and gestures. He is incapable of monitoring his own misbehavior. Psychopaths, narcissists, borderlines, schizotypals, histrionics, paranoids, and schizoids are similarly inconsiderate - but they control their behavior and are fully cognizant of reactions by others. They simply choose to ignore these data.

James Robert Brasic, MD, MPH (2003) Pervasive Developmental Disorder: Asperger Syndrome Sam Vaknin ( http://samvak.tripod.com ) is the author of Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited and After the Rain - How the West Lost the East. He served as a columnist for Central Europe Review, Global Politician, PopMatters, eBookWeb , and Bellaonline, and as a United Press International (UPI) Senior Business Correspondent. He was the editor of mental health and Central East Europe categories in The Open Directory and Suite101.
    http://www.defendmy.com/personality_disorder/85355/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 year trend using 14 years of data.

Cherry picking scientists.

"12 year trend"

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I really liked the part where he has no delusions but says that he thinks he has aspbergers similar to a billionaire hedge fund manager. I am surprised he didn't go with high functioning autism and Richard Dreyfuss.
    Because Michael Burry is brilliant and Richard Dreyfuss is an idiot.

Psychosis is a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality.

Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world. They experience delusions that they believe are real, and may behave and communicate in an inappropriate and incoherent fashion. Psychosis may appear as a symptom of a number of mental disorders, including mood and personality disorders. It is also the defining feature of schizophrenia, schizophreniform disorder, schizoaffective disorder, delusional disorder, and the psychotic disorders (i.e., brief psychotic disorder, shared psychotic disorder, psychotic disorder due to a general medical condition, and substance-induced psychotic disorder).

With regard to substance abuse, several different research groups reported in 2004 that cannabis (marijuana) use is a risk factor for the onset of psychosis.

Psychotic symptoms and behaviors are considered psychiatric emergencies, and persons showing signs of psychosis are frequently taken by family, friends, or the police to a hospital emergency room. A person diagnosed as psychotic can be legally hospitalized against his or her will, particularly if he or she is violent, threatening to commit suicide, or threatening to harm another person. A psychotic person may also be hospitalized if he or she has become malnourished or ill as a result of failure to feed, dress appropriately for the climate, or otherwise take care of him- or herself.
    It is never too late to seek treatment Fuzzy.
    Last edited by Poptech; 05-13-2012 at 05:53 AM.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    12 year trend using 14 years of data.
    Good typo catch, thank you.
    Last edited by Poptech; 05-13-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Isn't a lot of the data collected by these scientists just estimates? I mean didn't America only start keeping records of temperatures in the 1900s or 1800s? And what about the rest of the world? Are you going to tell me that some barbarian man wrote down the temperature every day so future generations would know? I just laugh at these scientists that tell me 100 percent without any doubt that this year or some year was the warmest year ever. How the do they know that? Are they all knowing or something? Do they know everything? Where did they get the power to be all knowing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A scientist has told you that it was the hottest year ever? Really now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't a lot of the data collected by these scientists just estimates? I mean didn't America only start keeping records of temperatures in the 1900s or 1800s? And what about the rest of the world? Are you going to tell me that some barbarian man wrote down the temperature every day so future generations would know? I just laugh at these scientists that tell me 100 percent without any doubt that this year or some year was the warmest year ever. How the do they know that? Are they all knowing or something? Do they know everything? Where did they get the power to be all knowing?
    If you dig down a few feet in an area, and suddenly find the remains of creatures that only live in deserts, but the area you are in has a modern temperate forest climate, you can infer a great deal about what the temperature range was in that area when those creatures lived and died.

That is just an example, but there are ways in which we can construct records that give us a pretty good idea as to what the world looked like in the past using these kinds of things, called a "proxy" for temperature.

This will not be as exact on a year to year basis as recorded measurements, but it can provide some pretty accurate guesses, especially when you get multiple lines of evidence compiled that reinforce each other.

Thread Information