Page 32 of 161 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    This type of information does not fit into a scenario where the world is cooling and where the oceans are the source of CO2 rising in the atmosphere.

Also, this very much goes to show the interdisciplinary nature of climate science.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...?entrynum=1722
    Problem...

He assumes the oceans are changing because of mankind, when they have in fact been collecting latent energy for several decades, maybe centuries from the sun.

Correlation does not equal causation.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Focus people... focus...

In other news, the solar output last year (2010) increased 0.08% over the previous year (2009); a year which in turn saw an increase of 0.18% over 2008.

That is, in two years the power output from our sun has increased by 0.26%
    Are you sure it's that much? I agree it can, but I don't think it has by that much. That's more than a nominal 11 year peak to peak, and the 11 year rolling average is about a 0.18% increase from 1750 to 2004.

Do you have a link? I'd like to see that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem...

He assumes the oceans are changing because of mankind, when they have in fact been collecting latent energy for several decades, maybe centuries from the sun.

Correlation does not equal causation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure it's that much? I agree it can, but I don't think it has by that much. That's more than a nominal 11 year peak to peak, and the 11 year rolling average is about a 0.18% increase from 1750 to 2004.

Do you have a link? I'd like to see that.
    Its not that much at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face it, Manny, AGW will soon go the way of Vaccines causing Autism, Anthropogenic Global Cooling, Alar killing kids, Saccharin causing cancer, DDT doing more harm than good, and all of the rest of the alarmist causes that have served more to up society than solve anything.

Hey, hear the latest?

Electric Cars May Accelerate Global Warming

You people really need to get your together before embarking on these hysterical initiatives that do nothing more than burden the economy and introduce products to the market that no one would want, otherwise.

"You people"? When I have I argued for Electric cars to replace cars in places where the power made to run those cars would be dirtier than a gasoline engine?

You People.

Comparisons to autism/vacine link which was made by one bad study as opposed to countless studies in a huge field that back each other up? That is about par for you.

Comparison to something called AGC which was never (and I've proven this so many times on this forum) considered a real threat by climate scientists? That is about par for you.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You people"? When I have I argued for Electric cars to replace cars in places where the power made to run those cars would be dirtier than a gasoline engine?

You People.

Comparisons to autism/vacine link which was made by one bad study as opposed to countless studies in a huge field that back each other up? That is about par for you.

Comparison to something called AGC which was never (and I've proven this so many times on this forum) considered a real threat by climate scientists? That is about par for you.
    Yep, You People.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny to watch you numb skulls just throw against the wall. Darrin immediately comes out with El Nino which is hilarious given 2010 was a La Nina year. Then Yonivore comes out with electric car crap and AGC crap which is a total load. And lets not forget Hector and his "its the sun" with random numbers that aren't based upon the sun we have in this solar system. Then of course, WC, pointing out how the ocean temps have been going up for centuries yet not touching the CO2 factor and not explaining how ocean temps in recent decades have increased so much.

So much being thrown against the wall and not one bit sticking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No link to where I've ever advocated that huh?

Perhaps its time for another epiphany, Yonivore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Countless studies". Still doesn't mean .

For over half a century, it was widely accepted that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, dietary factors, smoking, drinking, etc.

It is NOW accepted, based only on two reports in the New England Journal of Medicine, that these ulcers are caused by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continental drift was not a mainstream theory.

There are numerous other examples.

Consensus <> truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No link to where I've ever advocated that huh?

Perhaps its time for another epiphany, Yonivore?
    Do you believe in Anthropogenic Global Climate Change?

If yes; then, you're a You People.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Countless studies". Still doesn't mean .

For over half a century, it was widely accepted that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, dietary factors, smoking, drinking, etc.

It is NOW accepted, based only on two reports in the New England Journal of Medicine, that these ulcers are caused by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori.
    Great, when some studies come around that disprove the studies currently proven accurate then they'll be accepted. But science doesn't assume its going to be disproven until it actually happens. Let me know when thats the case in this situation and I'll proclaim to the world AGW is not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe in Anthropogenic Global Climate Change?

If yes; then, you're a You People.
    Cool, one monolithic group with no difference in opinion on anything.

Very useful viewpoint for gaining an accurate world view. This is why you don't understand the world, Yonivore. You try to fit everything into a few select categories you've designated and then you're surprised when it doesn't go according to how you saw it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continental drift was not a mainstream theory.

There are numerous other examples.

Consensus <> truth
    Then disprove AGW. All you have to do is give another mechanism that accounts for the warming and explain why the increase in CO2 has not caused the warming.

Pretty easy to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, one monolithic group with no difference in opinion on anything.

Very useful viewpoint for gaining an accurate world view. This is why you don't understand the world, Yonivore. You try to fit everything into a few select categories you've designated and then you're surprised when it doesn't go according to how you saw it.
    It's a fairly delineating descriptor. Either you believe in it and, therefore, are an idiot. Or, you don't and recognize, like most people, we have an insignificant impact on global climate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fairly delineating descriptor. Either you believe in it and, therefore, are an idiot. Or, you don't and recognize, like most people, we have an insignificant impact on global climate.

One of us is an idiot all right. Its the one who thinks Iraq had chemical weapons and that George Bush is going to end up on Mt. Rushmore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of us is an idiot all right. Its the one who thinks Iraq had chemical weapons and that George Bush is going to end up on Mt. Rushmore.

No, it's the one that believes Anthropogenic Global Climate Change is real because a bunch of liars tell him so.

But, nice deflection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deflection? LOL!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Face it, Manny, AGW will soon go the way of Vaccines causing Autism, Anthropogenic Global Cooling, Alar killing kids, Saccharin causing cancer, DDT doing more harm than good, and all of the rest of the alarmist causes that have served more to up society than solve anything.

Hey, hear the latest?

Electric Cars May Accelerate Global Warming

You people really need to get your together before embarking on these hysterical initiatives that do nothing more than burden the economy and introduce products to the market that no one would want, otherwise.

If you want to tell me why AGW is not happening and what exactly scientists are lying about I'm all ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What empirical evidence do you have that mankind is affecting global climate to the point it should drastically alter its behavior in order to stave off a cataclysmic global climate catastrophe?

It's all theories forwarded by people who have to stick by their assertions in order to remain funded and/or relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See what I mean about you not being able to understand the world because you try to fit it into your neat little boxes? When did I say that there was going to be a "cataclysmic global climate catastrophe"? Where do most proponents of AGW say that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for evidence, read the ing thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (manbearpig thread)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for evidence, read the ing thread.
    This thread isn't evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure? Was hoping to get it published in a journal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't insult our military and call them idiots and liars, Yonivore. They'll revoke your GOP status. As a republican you must always publicly praise the military while silently ing them as opposed to just being out in the open about it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63J4EJ20100420

Thread Information