Page 59 of 161 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4001
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that you keep a tally on other poster's "logical fallacies" is ing ridiculous.

He's an accountant. I don't think he can help himself. Those people are anal retentive and have obsessive-compulsive disorders. He probably washes his hands a lot and is afraid to pee in a public restroom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like the lamest attempt to mimic the NKVD.

Watch how you reason, comrade ...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Is it possible to measure deep ocean temperatures in a systematic way to test the thesis that the researcher presented?
    That's not what matters.

When the skeptics of climate change pointed out the missing energy was in the oceans, everyone in Climatology laughed. Now they want to use it for their side in an incorrect way. Since the ocean has a very long cycle, it makes equilibrium take decades to be close to equal, and over 800 years to complete.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Perhaps you would like to answer Darrin's question for him?

Dr. Pachauri is an expert in economics.

Did the report include a section on potential economic impacts of climate change?
    I won't dispute the possible economic damage if the outlandish claims the climate will endure were not that of science fiction.
    Now I've been doing so many other things today and came back, and lost track of some things. The woman in the video I posted didn't have the experience or degree of an expert, yet was an expert for the IPCCC.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 09-21-2011 at 03:10 PM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    LOL...

IPCCC... I like that, no need to change it!

CCCP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think climate change needs their own AttackWatch.com

Maybe RG could set that up?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I've started to enter some IPCCC data they list from ISMAM models and Bern-CC models. One thing I noted is disturbing to begin with. On the data used for CO2 abundance using the ISAM model, every reference of A1B to ISA92a used the same concentrations for 1970, 1980, and 1990. However, the IPCC used higher numbers!

Manny...

Why is this fraud there? Did they have to make something they didn't understand fit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that you keep a tally on other poster's "logical fallacies" is ing ridiculous.
    The OP rather clearly stated the purpose was for me to make my case regarding the nature of climate change skeptics, and the skepticism of the theory of human-caused climate change in general.

I don't find making information clear, easily understood, and presented in a meaningful way to be ridiculous at all.

You are just pissy because the skeptics, whom I suspect you sympathize with, are so ty at logical/critical thinking.

Am I wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RG definitely has dedication. No one can take that from him.

One could say it might be misplaced, however.
    Et tu, brutus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OP rather clearly stated the purpose was for me to make my case regarding the nature of climate change skeptics, and the skepticism of the theory of human-caused climate change in general.

I don't find making information clear, easily understood, and presented in a meaningful way to be ridiculous at all.

You are just pissy because the skeptics, whom I suspect you sympathize with, are so ty at logical/critical thinking.

Am I wrong?
    I dunno why you'd suspect I was skeptical of climate change or would sympathize with the deniers.

You're making a ing list of people along with their "demerits." You know, the nazis also had lists too. Do you want a little gold star to appear next to their avatars?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    RG... If you are going to attack logical fallacies, then how about looking into the AGW side and into their faults as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like the lamest attempt to mimic the NKVD.

Watch how you reason, comrade ...
    Meh.

You got any better, feel free to step up to the plate, counselor.

Science is about logic, data, and a fair hearing of competing ideas. In that it shares something in common with a courtroom, IMO.

If one side in a debate is patently unable to answer questions honestly or address issues in a logical manner, what do you think that says about the quality of their case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG... If you are going to attack logical fallacies, then how about looking into the AGW side and into their faults as well?
    Feel free to point them out. I have tried to be as fair and intellectually honest as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh.

You got any better, feel free to step up to the plate, counselor.

Science is about logic, data, and a fair hearing of competing ideas. In that it shares something in common with a courtroom, IMO.

If one side in a debate is patently unable to answer questions honestly or address issues in a logical manner, what do you think that says about the quality of their case?
    Is science about keeping lists too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno why you'd suspect I was skeptical of climate change or would sympathize with the deniers.

You're making a ing list of people along with their "demerits." You know, the nazis also had lists too. Do you want a little gold star to appear next to their avatars?

"You are wearing shoes. You know who else had shoes? Nazis."

Reductio ad Hitlerum

You're funny. I like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer my question.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Feel free to point them out. I have tried to be as fair and intellectually honest as possible.
    All you ever do when fallacies are pointed out is agree its not a fallacy because there is a peer review paper out there.

Did you watch that Peer Review deception video?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer my question.

Glad you appreciate my humor.

I don't really care about the subject of this thread. I'm pretty sure those who deny global warming are pretty ing re ed, so I don't spend time indulging their lunacy.

You still haven't given a good reason why keeping tally on the village idiots around here isn't pretty ing ridiculous. If you're unable to answer this honestly or address it in a logical manner, what do you think that says about the quality of your list?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're using sarcasm. You know who else had sarcasm? Nazis.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure those who deny global warming are pretty ing re ed, so I don't spend time indulging their lunacy.
    Please at least separate those who deny into two categories.

Those who deny warming, and those who deny man is the major cause of warming. Almost all of us agree there has been and may still be warming. What we deny is that man is the major influence. Most of us "deniers" say most of the warming is natural.

I agree, those who deny warming itself, are re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please at least separate those who deny into two categories.

Those who deny warming, and those who deny man is the major cause of warming. Almost all of us agree there has been and may still be warming. What we deny is that man is the major influence. Most of us "deniers" say most of the warming is natural.

I agree, those who deny warming itself, are re ed.
    No.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Then you are the re ed one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't really care about the subject of this thread. I'm pretty sure those who deny global warming are pretty ing re ed, so I don't spend time indulging their lunacy.

You still haven't given a good reason why keeping tally on the village idiots around here isn't pretty ing ridiculous. If you're unable to answer this honestly or address it in a logical manner, what do you think that says about the quality of your list?
    The answer to your questions:

No, science is not about keeping lists. Pissing contests on the internet are all about that, though.

I don't pretend is means anything, other than some mild anecdotal value.

I got tired of thread after thread after thread after thread on the subject and thought one larger clearinghouse might be useful.

Is keeping a list silly? Yeah, I would say so. Am I going to keep at it? nah, I got kinda bored with it a while back.

I have however gotten into some interesting discussions here. As an exercise, I have gotten to read some actual scientific papers, and learned a great deal that I didn't know before. , I even exchanged email with one of the scientific papers' authors, and that was cool, after having read about the paper in the news, and the paper itself.

Underlying all my discussions, is that love of learning, silly list or no. I like streching myself a bit, and have learned a good deal, even from Darrin, when he can bring himself to post something worthwhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No one denies it has warmed in the past century.
    No one denies that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
    No one deines that humans emit CO2.

The REAL questions are:

Is CO2 the main driver of the warming?
    Is the recent warming significant compared to historical patterns?
    Will effects of the warming be catastrophic?
    Will drastic cuts in CO2 emissions make much difference?

This is where reasonable people can agree to disagree. Calling people that you disagree with re ed doesn't add much to the debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one denies it has warmed in the past century.
    No one denies that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
    No one deines that humans emit CO2.

The REAL questions are:

Is CO2 the main driver of the warming?
    Is the recent warming significant compared to historical patterns?
    Will effects of the warming be catastrophic?
    Will drastic cuts in CO2 emissions make much difference?

This is where reasonable people can agree to disagree. Calling people that you disagree with re ed doesn't add much to the debate.
    I don't care.

Thread Information