Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    So I was going to school today and on my way to school there is a right turn where you yield look for oncoming cars and merge with traffic when you have the chance. So the car infront of me is slowly going and then she starts to go and the road is empty except for one car coming and I look back and I thought she had already left and I started to go, but she was still there and I bumped into her as I was accelerating. I probably hit her at 5 mph. I was driving a Honda Pilot and she was driving a Corrola, obviously the size of the cars here make a difference whether or not the damage was substantial or not. The damage to my car was nothing. The damage to her car............well how can I say this, I basically gave her bumper a spit shine on the spot and it was good as new and the most damage the cop, the driver, or I could spot was a scrach the size of a square inch on her bumper, so the damage was ign miniscule up the ass. She gets out of the car I ask her if she is alright and everything and she had some at ude, I don't blame her I would be ticked, so I was on my best behavior the whole incident and was calm and all smiles. She was pretty insistent on filing for a police report, but I could have payed for the damage right there it would probably total like 40 bucks. But the police came and we told him what happend and the cop was like whose car was damaged, and we were like hers. The cop even professed taht the damage to the car cannot even be called minor, because there was barely any damage. Im not tripping over the car's damage, because I can pay it off and the cop and I saw what happend and how MINOR the damage was so nothing can be said about the car's damage, I can pay that off w/o calling the insurance companies. But the lady told the cop that she was in an prior accident and she had an injury to her back (she was on her way to the gym by the way), and now after this 5mph accident caused a shock to her back and now she is feeling pain and she told the cop to put that on the report. I was like WTF? so we exchange info, insurance, and all that and she leaves, but what I am tripping over is can she be like oh my back is hurt now and I'm suing.

What I'm thinking is before I give her the money to fix the '''''damage''''' I should have her sign a binding contract of some sort taht says both parties adhere to the following guidelines that Party B cannot pursue any further legal action in regards to this accident involved with Party A or some bull so she doesn't pull some bull injury scam on me, because I was told the 'victim' has 2 years to file an injury report. So anyones thoughts or advices? Am I overworrying or overthinking this? Because I found it REALLY wierd that she was really persistent about filign a police report when there was hardly no damage and she kept on talking about her back for like 5 minutes.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    What is the explanation for your multiple threads? Did you get concussed?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    You now what happend? If you press space bar and Submit thread is highlighted it's teh same as pressing enter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Is there a reason why this hasn't gone through the insurance companies at all? That's the first place I would go no matter how big or small the accident was. They'll ask for a police report and interview you, the woman, and police officer to get everything all straightened out before you just decide to give her "$40" when most likely it'll probably be quite a bit more then that. (I was in an accident where the damage wasn't visible but ended up being pretty big in the end because it was on the interior a while back).

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    sounds like the is trying to cash in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What I'm thinking is before I give her the money to fix the '''''damage''''' I should have her sign a binding contract of some sort taht says both parties adhere to the following guidelines that Party B cannot pursue any further legal action in regards to this accident involved with Party A or some bull so she doesn't pull some bull injury scam on me, because I was told the 'victim' has 2 years to file an injury report.
    Good luck getting her to sign anything. She has the upper hand.
    a. you hit her
    b. she has an accident report to back that up
    c. if you don't don't give her the money to fix it then all she has to do is call your insurance company and they cover it.

If it were me, I would tell you to stick your agreement. BTW, I'm not sure what you were implying when you said she was going to the gym. Were you saying she obviously wasn't hurt since she was working out, or that she was going to the gym to recover from an injury? Because maybe she's doing rehab at the gym.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's going to be way more than $40.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yep...you're ed... she is going straight to a doctor then suuing your insurance company..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    cliff notes , i aint reading all of that

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    cliff notes , i aint reading all of that
    He bumped into another car going 5mph, the only damage is a tiny scratch on the other car's bumper, driver of other car is trying to say that he re-injured her back by hitting her car.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let your insurance company take care of her...she's got to prove that you bumping her at 5MPH led to her having whip-lash, that's gonna be pretty outlandish to any Judge or jury......she'll probably wind up taking whatever the insurance company offers - which won't be much, probably less than $500 and that won't hurt you too bad - just watch out for those greedy bas s next time!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    All of this depends on how good of a lawyer she gets..........you could be ed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No self-respecting lawyer is gonna take this case without a doctor's report, and no self-respecting doctor is gonna write that report...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    No self-respecting lawyer is gonna take this case without a doctor's report, and no self-respecting doctor is gonna write that report...
    Bull . Previous injuries are no joke. Friend of mine was barely hit from behind and re-injured his knee, which he'd had surgery on years prior. Doctor said by the time he was 40 there was almost a 100% chance he'd have to have full reconstructive surgery on it. Lawyer took that to court, friend got payed.

I'm not saying this girl was really injured, and if she's lying then she can rot in , but this can happen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    seems like this is out too make money

if she needs acupuncture treatment, go rub that of yours on her neck and smack that in the face....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ....what are the chances?.....bet you $50 this gets settled for less than or equal to $600 total...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    ....what are the chances?.....bet you $50 this gets settled for less than or equal to $600 total...
    The chances are extremely slim and for E20's sake I hope nothing happens. But I would never put it past people these days (doctors, lawyers, victims) to try and milk every single penny out of it, no matter how dishonest.

Good luck E20, hope you don't take this one in the pooper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    I talked to some older people about it and they told me go through insurance as well, that's what I am gonna do it I will pay the premium for ease of mind. Thanks for the advice everybody.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    as long as the speed is notated on the police report you should be ok.

Name
    Jason
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you should have claimed you saw her ugly face in her side mirror and the disgusting fat rolls on her neck thus temporarily blinding you. YOU might have a case against her.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some people just think they hit the lottery when hit from the rear. Problem is, it is hard to "disprove" some injuries, and there are always doctors and lawyers willing to go to bat for a "small fee".

Best to let the insurance company handle the whole thing. That's why you pay for insurance.

But 40 bucks? I could spit on a car and it would cost more than that just to "clean it up".

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Name
    Don't quote me
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    I'd just call my agent and tell them what happened. It's likely that they'll tell her insurance to go piss up a rope and you'll be okay. Contracts and lawsuits and all that are the insurance company's job, not yours. If they are stupid enough to settle with someone like that after your explanation, then they deserve to have to pay for it. The worst thing that happens is you have to pay your deductible. Consider it the cost of a driving lesson and a sign to change insurance companies.

Most insurance agents have to deal with people like that all the time and know how to do it. As long as your agent hears from you before they hear from her insurance company then they've got the upper hand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    she's got two years to file.
    you're screwed.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Good luck getting her to sign anything. She has the upper hand.
    a. you hit her
    b. she has an accident report to back that up
    c. if you don't don't give her the money to fix it then all she has to do is call your insurance company and they cover it.

If it were me, I would tell you to stick your agreement. BTW, I'm not sure what you were implying when you said she was going to the gym. Were you saying she obviously wasn't hurt since she was working out, or that she was going to the gym to recover from an injury? Because maybe she's doing rehab at the gym.
    That was very sweet of you to put the "" right before responding to E20's misfortune and his idea about it.

From here on out, I'm laughing at every one of your ing problems.

i support single moms tonylongoriafan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    let your insurance company handle it...all you have to worry about is if your rates increase

Thread Information