Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/avata...cess-originals

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
    James Cameron has agreed to make “Avatar 2 & 3” as his next films, Access Hollywood has learned.

The Award-winning director will begin working on the sequels’ scripts early next year, with a goal of beginning production towards the end of 2011.

Though James first spoke of possible sequels to the LA Times in April (saying that a planned follow-up to the blockbuster film would head for the fictional planet’s oceans), the news is now official.

“It is a rare and remarkable opportunity when a filmmaker gets to build a fantasy world, and watch it grow, with the resources and partnership of a global media company,” James said in a statement to Access Hollywood. “‘Avatar’ was conceived as an epic work of fantasy – a world that audiences could visit, across all media platforms, and this moment marks the launch of the next phase of that world. With two new films on the drawing boards, my company and I are embarking on an epic journey with our partners at Twentieth Century Fox. Our goal is to meet and exceed the global audience’s expectations for the richness of ‘Avatar’s’ visual world and the power of the storytelling.

“In the second and third films, which will be self contained stories that also fulfill a greater story arc, we will not back off the throttle of ‘Avatar’s’ visual and emotional horsepower, and will continue to explore its themes and characters, which touched the hearts of audiences in all cultures around the world,” James continued. “I’m looking forward to returning to Pandora, a world where our imaginations can run wild.”

James has yet to decide if he will shoot the films back-to-back after the scripts are completed, but release of the second and third films are tentatively scheduled for December 2014 and December 2015, respectively, and will be produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau for James’ Lightstorm Entertainment.

Let's hope the storylines are better for the next two.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    so what animated Disney film will he rip off this time?

tbh if he's exploring the oceans then it looks like either The Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo will be his source material.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so what animated Disney film will he rip off this time?

tbh if he's exploring the oceans then it looks like either The Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo will be his source material.
    bingo.

Avatar's firstborn will be kidnapped by an evil corporations and dropped in the oceans where he will meet many characters on his journey back home.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Avatar 2" is now tagged for a Dec. 18, 2020 release date
    "Avatar 3" set for Dec. 17, 2021.
    "Avatar4" Dec. 20, 2024,
    5 on Dec. 19, 2025.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...cid=spartanntp

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Avante was pretty ty tbh, it only got huge because it was the first movie to come out in the current 3D gimmick trend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante was pretty ty tbh, it only got huge because it was the first movie to come out in the current 3D gimmick trend.
    Avante

I liked the first movie. Probably had a lot to do with watching it on IMAX 3D. Was pretty impressed.

This franshise is dead though. A 10 year gap between movie 1 and 2? That's ing re ed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante

I liked the first movie. Probably had a lot to do with watching it on IMAX 3D. Was pretty impressed.

This franshise is dead though. A 10 year gap between movie 1 and 2? That's ing re ed.
    They'll be fine. Star Wars resurrected itself. Not saying they're in the same ballpark. But if they do the same kind of 3D stuff, they'll make a ton of money. I slept on the first one and ended up watching it on DVD. Thought it sucked. I'll buy a ticket if they're going to do something special again. I imagine that everyone that missed the first in theaters will so the same. They'll capture the first audience as well as all those (like me) that heard how badass it was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante

And again, the 10 year gap is probably great. You'll have parents that saw the first one and now can take their kids.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    as his been discussed ad nauseam, avatar's plotline was nothing revolutionary. dances with wolves/pocahontas in space.

but the sci-fi element of it was pretty good, and of course, the movie blew up because it set the new standard for great visuals. mind blowingly good at the time... not sure the sequels are going to get the same awe factor, but they should be fun to watch nonetheless

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Avante

i tapped out when it came to horse raping

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i tapped out when it came to horse raping
    Avatar a classic Trainwreck movie, tbh dont stray from your roots

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I preferred dances with wolves.

I almost walked out of Avatar.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Both better than "The Revenant"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

yesterday's movies

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Both better than "The Revenant"
    Per usual, you're a dumb tasteless got.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    and you call yourself a liberal hypocritical left per par

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They'll be fine. Star Wars resurrected itself. Not saying they're in the same ballpark. But if they do the same kind of 3D stuff, they'll make a ton of money. I slept on the first one and ended up watching it on DVD. Thought it sucked. I'll buy a ticket if they're going to do something special again. I imagine that everyone that missed the first in theaters will so the same. They'll capture the first audience as well as all those (like me) that heard how badass it was.
    You cannot use Star Wars as an analogy then say they aren't in the same ball park. Star Wars was successful because it was so popular. Ever see a kid with a Avatar toy? Yeah me neither. "Mom, I want the crippled Marine, can I get one? The one I had is broken... it's legs now work" -5 year old

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and you call yourself a liberal hypocritical left per par
    Oh look, the unemployed and "tank the season after 62 wins" re s are fighting

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh look, the unemployed and "tank the season after 62 wins" re s are fighting
    Bro, you have serious issues. Out of shape, lonely and nothing to do all day.

Lives for picking fights online like a true keyboard warrior.

Go eat a hotdog, fattie fingers.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bro, you have serious issues. Out of shape, lonely and nothing to do all day.

Lives for picking fights online like a true keyboard warrior.

Go eat a hotdog, fattie fingers.
    Mmhmmm...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You cannot use Star Wars as an analogy then say they aren't in the same ball park. Star Wars was successful because it was so popular. Ever see a kid with a Avatar toy? Yeah me neither. "Mom, I want the crippled Marine, can I get one? The one I had is broken... it's legs now work" -5 year old
    its still the highest grossing movie of all time. you dont need kids to buy toys for movies to be successful franchises

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    I'll probably skip all the movies and just read the novelizations, tbh.
    Last edited by Kim Jong-il; 04-25-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Thread Information