My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a new do entary airing tonight, the 1992 Dream Team is very much in the news these days. Oddly enough, Dream Team member Charles Barkley isn't interested in talking about that iteration of USA Basketball though. In an interview on The Dan Patrick Show today, Barkley went in on the second Dream Team that played in Atlanta in 1996:

“People forget I played on the second Dream Team. The second Dream Team really sucked. I have to tell you something and I’ve said this privately and a few times publicly, we had so much junk going on about playing time, who was starting on the second Dream Team and on the first Dream Team we never had any of that. I’m playing with the greatest team ever assembled and everybody got along well, did we try to kill each other in practice? Of course we did but we went back to the hotel and everybody got along well, everybody respected each other and it was really cool. Then when I played the second time in Atlanta man guys were arguing with Lenny Wilkens and talking about who should be starting. 1992 was like the greatest thing ever as far as camaraderie and everybody getting along. Then in ‘96 I was like ‘you guys are kidding me, I played with the greatest team ever, and you guys aren’t that good and you’re complaining about who is starting and who is getting playing time?’ You have to be kidding me. It was incredible.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't give a ..all I know is those Olympic rings...the 5 Circles...are the only rings that Taco Bell pimping gordito will ever come close to...

Audie=GOAT human MarioSpeedwagon's Avatar
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    shooda named names

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    son can you lend your jinxing powers for another series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mentioned this in another thread....Shaq was def one of them. Even after the game when they were giving each other congrats, Shaq was blowing off David.

Shaq was one of the biggest ones. You could see how upset he was that, not only was he not playing, but David, a guy he couldn't stand at the time, was getting all the playing time in the gold medal game, and was the go to man down the stretch scoring 28 points.

I know Shaq was hands down a better NBA player than David. But that gold medal game was close and the US team didn't really separate themselves until Robinson took over the game. This just added to Shaq's own manufactured him vs David fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dream Team Doc on NBA TV was fantastic. I loved all the behind the scenes stuff with Jordan and Magic as well as why they kept that idiot Isiah off the team..

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    With a new do entary airing tonight, the 1992 Dream Team is very much in the news these days. Oddly enough, Dream Team member Charles Barkley isn't interested in talking about that iteration of USA Basketball though. In an interview on The Dan Patrick Show today, Barkley went in on the second Dream Team that played in Atlanta in 1996:

“People forget I played on the second Dream Team. The second Dream Team really sucked. I have to tell you something and I’ve said this privately and a few times publicly, we had so much junk going on about playing time, who was starting on the second Dream Team and on the first Dream Team we never had any of that. I’m playing with the greatest team ever assembled and everybody got along well, did we try to kill each other in practice? Of course we did but we went back to the hotel and everybody got along well, everybody respected each other and it was really cool. Then when I played the second time in Atlanta man guys were arguing with Lenny Wilkens and talking about who should be starting. 1992 was like the greatest thing ever as far as camaraderie and everybody getting along. Then in ‘96 I was like ‘you guys are kidding me, I played with the greatest team ever, and you guys aren’t that good and you’re complaining about who is starting and who is getting playing time?’ You have to be kidding me. It was incredible.”

Hmmmmm.....Amy Reid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Laetner on that team

And Jordan, Bird and Pip hated Isiah because they couldnt stand the fact that tiny mother er owned them in the playoffs

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Fun Fact: Barkley wasnt on the second Dream team.

The Second Dream Team was in 1994 and won the world basketball championship. Players featured Dominique, Majerle, Alonzo Mourning etc. The team wasnt allowed to have any players from the original Dream team.

The 1996 Atlanta Dream Team was "Dream Team III".

As usual, Barkley doesnt have the slightest clue what hes talking about.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    994 FIBA World Championship (Canada) – Dream Team II[17]

The United States fielded another team composed of professional players in the 1994 World Championship, held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This was an entirely new roster, as USA Basketball elected to showcase stars who were not present at the 1992 Olympics. Composed primarily of younger NBA players, the team lacked the widespread appeal of its predecessor but nevertheless continued its dominance. Coached by Don Nelson of the Golden State Warriors, this team easily captured the gold medal in tournament play.[18]
    1996 Olympics (Atlanta) – Dream Team III[19]
    Main article: Basketball at the 1996 Summer Olympics

The third team composed of NBA players participated in the 1996 Summer Olympics held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The star quality of the team was impressive as it featured five members of the original Dream Team (Barkley, Malone, Pippen, Robinson, and Stockton), plus two other members of the NBA 50 Greatest Players list, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal. Lenny Wilkens coached the team.

The Americans won another gold medal with an average margin of victory of 31.8 points per game. They captured the gold medal after defeating Yugoslavia 95–69.[20] With Atlanta being home to the Hawks, these games were the first (and to this date, the only) Olympics to take place in a city with an NBA team since the league started allowing its players to compete in the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun Fact: Barkley wasnt on the second Dream team.

The Second Dream Team was in 1994 and won the world basketball championship. Players featured Dominique, Majerle, Alonzo Mourning etc. The team wasnt allowed to have any players from the original Dream team.

The 1996 Atlanta Dream Team was "Dream Team III".

As usual, Barkley doesnt have the slightest clue what hes talking about.
    Or maybe he thought the 1994 team didnt deserve to be called Dream Team 2

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Or maybe he thought the 1994 team didnt deserve to be called Dream Team 2
    I doubt it. My guess is he's probably just clueless.

Being a Suns fan, I heard Charles Barkley say A LOT of stupid stuff over the years.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I don't give a ..all I know is those Olympic rings...the 5 Circles...are the only rings that Taco Bell pimping gordito will ever come close to...
    holy , koolaid said something funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dream Team Doc on NBA TV was fantastic. I loved all the behind the scenes stuff with Jordan and Magic as well as why they kept that idiot Isiah off the team..
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thread Information