Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which one is worse now, villanueva or the line he said to Duncan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told Timmy "Happy Mothers Day" shortly after Duncan's mom had died.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Tim's mother died when he was a kid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way he said it when he was aware Tim's mum had died. KGs a gimp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was fully aware Tim's mom was passed and he said "Happy Mother's Day, Mother F----r."

I'm not sure which one is worse, but I don't doubt that he called Villanueva a cancer patient. KG's explanation is laughable.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amen, Kori. Look I was fan of KG's intensity and hustle ...and i love good trash talk, but this crosses the line and so did what he said to Timmy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen, Kori. Look I was fan of KG's intensity and hustle ...and i love good trash talk, but this crosses the line and so did what he said to Timmy.
    Translation I was a big fan of KG up until '08 when he talked a lot of to the Lakers.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I hadn't heard that story about what he said to Tim Duncan. But that's far worse than what he said to Charlie. I think people get over-sensitive sometimes.

KG is a s bag and it was tasteless, but I don't think the "cancer patient" insult was that bad of a comment, especially because I think a lot worse has been said on the court during games between players. And I look at it this way. He didn't tell Charlie, "I hope you have cancer" or "I hope you die" or "cancer patients deserve to die." He said Charlie looks like a cancer patient. Well guess what? He does. Sure it's tasteless, but I would consider the he said to Duncan a far more intentionally hurtful and mean thing to say to a person.

I really didn't and don't have a problem with KG's comments. Trash talk can get mean and vicious sometimes. I just think it was stupid for KG to get into trash talking when his team is blowing out an obviously inferior team. That's just stupid.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I hadn't heard that story about what he said to Tim Duncan. But that's far worse than what he said to Charlie. I think people get over-sensitive sometimes.

KG is a s bag and it was tasteless, but I don't think the "cancer patient" insult was that bad of a comment, especially because I think a lot worse has been said on the court during games between players. And I look at it this way. He didn't tell Charlie, "I hope you have cancer" or "I hope you die" or "cancer patients deserve to die." He said Charlie looks like a cancer patient. Well guess what? He does. Sure it's tasteless, but I would consider the he said to Duncan a far more intentionally hurtful and mean thing to say to a person.

I really didn't and don't have a problem with KG's comments. Trash talk can get mean and vicious sometimes. I just think it was stupid for KG to get into trash talking when his team is blowing out an obviously inferior team. That's just stupid.
    Look at Jammy. Up here on his pedestal. You were cool til you got that Gd award.

If that don't beat it all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Translation I was a big fan of KG up until '08 when he talked a lot of to the Lakers.
    TBH, the only trashtalk that bothered me in 2008 was the Paul pierce im the best player in the world stuff. But even that I understood cuz he beat Lebron and Kobe and his head was swole.

Your assumption here is quite stupid. Minny and the lakers both play in the West and KG has been cursing and talking to my team for years ...we even met in the WCF after 0.4 after your spurs were sent packing ...why would 2008 change my opinion?

I had plenty of reasons to hate KG before now, But i never did cuz he used trash talk horry, malone Shaq ..players on HIS level ...cant respect him going after smaller or weaker players ...Plus i didnt know about what he said to Tim. Now I do ...and added to what he said to Charlie I know cant look past his bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG's a big if you ask me. I've always been a fan, but him. Wasn't aware of what he said to Duncan on Mother's Day. That's just really ed up, knowing how strong of bonds boys/men have with their mother. How many things can other guys here think of that are more important and mean more to them than their mother?

KG, don't be mad Tim is way more accomplished and is going down as the better PF. KG likes to talk and lose in the finals. Tim would rather keep his mouth shut and come out a winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Tim's response was...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a 25/12/2 on 50+% shooting and a victory.

Oh, you meant verbal response? Probably ignored the idiot who wasn't on his level.

ambchang is my bitch Daddy_Of_All_Trolls's Avatar
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    When could Garnett have possibly wished Tim a Happy Mother's Day? He was usually fishing by April. I guess I missed this, or forgot about it. Had to be 1999, the strike delayed the playoffs until May. So, game 1 it was. In 2001 we lost series to Spurs on April 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know duncan must be one hung mother er to not let something like that piss him off. A small penised mav would have attacked KG in an instant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know duncan must be one hung mother er to not let something like that piss him off. A small penised mav would have attacked KG in an instant.
    Tbh KG could have slapped a mav and the mav wouldn't do .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG's probably THE of the Celtics and the one on that team I could care less about. Ray used to be a little whiny but grew out of it and I've grown to like him more, Pierce is a guy alot of people hate but I like him and respect him for sticking in Boston even when they were a team, and Rondo seems like a like-able guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, the only trashtalk that bothered me in 2008 was the Paul pierce im the best player in the world stuff. But even that I understood cuz he beat Lebron and Kobe and his head was swole.

Your assumption here is quite stupid. Minny and the lakers both play in the West and KG has been cursing and talking to my team for years ...we even met in the WCF after 0.4 after your spurs were sent packing ...why would 2008 change my opinion?

I had plenty of reasons to hate KG before now, But i never did cuz he used trash talk horry, malone Shaq ..players on HIS level ...cant respect him going after smaller or weaker players ...Plus i didnt know about what he said to Tim. Now I do ...and added to what he said to Charlie I know cant look past his bull .
    I remember .4 I don't think that will ever be forgotten I don't need a history lesson about the '04 WCF. Obviously it would have been easier not to hate him back in '04 since the Lakers won that series easily and they also took out KG in '03 in the first round. People usually don't start hating an opposing player until their team starts losing to them. The reason I brought that up because I remember prior to '08 I would always hear from Laker fans about how KG was all class, had better leadership skills then Duncan and also was the better player but didn't have the supporting cast. Then after '08 their opinions about KG were completely reversed that suddenly he was a classless punk. I just thought it was funny how he was once admired by laker nation and at one point of time there was a strong push to acquire him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When could Garnett have possibly wished Tim a Happy Mother's Day? He was usually fishing by April. I guess I missed this, or forgot about it. Had to be 1999, the strike delayed the playoffs until May. So, game 1 it was. In 2001 we lost series to Spurs on April 30.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...905090SAS.html - that was Mother's Day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a 25/12/2 on 50+% shooting and a victory.

Oh, you meant verbal response? Probably ignored the idiot who wasn't on his level.
    Good guess. 26/12/4 on 56.3%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beleive he won a championship that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup I was right. 1999. here is the scoop I found it....

There were 2 incidents in the 1999 series -- the one that's in duncan228's video occurred pretty late in Game 4 of the series, I think shortly after Anthony Peeler had put a pretty good gash in Mario Elie's head.

There was, though, the more famous incident in Game 1 of that 1999 series in which Garnett got into Tim's face and started doing his talking with his head turning as he talked. Tim's response was just to smile and say nothing, as Mario Elie said after that game:

"Tim is a cool cat. Nothing fazes him," teammate Mario Elie said. "Kevin Garnett got in his face and Tim just smiled and walked away. Tim doesn't brag. He just goes out and does his job."

For the record, that game (Game 1) was on May 9, 1999, which just happened to be Mother's Day, 1999 -- leading to a pretty good supposition that if Garnett was ever going to wish Timmy a Happy Mother's Day, it was that day. (curiously, the T'Wolves were almost always out of the playoffs by Mother's Day in other years and when they were in at that juncture (2004), they were playing the Kings and not the Spurs).
    That's the game it supposedly happened. Supposedly, when Duncan was shooting free throws, Garnett said, "Happy Mother's Day, mother er."
    And, I guess to make the circle complete, there was still another incident in February 2002, which resulted in a double technical and ejections for each. It actually started with after Parker was fouled by Rasho (then a T'Wolf). Parker walked away but bumped Garnett, who then pushed Parker from behind. Duncan interceded with words towards Garnett and the official (I'm almost 100% sure it was Luis Grillo) gave a T to both Duncan and Garnett. There were more words shortly thereafter and each was ejected.

So, there are 3 Duncan/Garnett incidents: one that was just words and went nowhere; another that was the spin-off of a Joe Smith/David Robinson shoving match, with Garnett laying some sissy slap to Duncan's head from behind; and a third that involved Garnett shoving Tony Parker (pattern continues) only to get pissed that Tim Duncan actually came to Parker's defense.

By the way, Duncan's team has won each game in which those confrontations have occurred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah could be that. Or it also could be the fact that Duncan wins championships, Garnett waxes his pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information