Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol draft busts

anyway this is a make or break season for him, since next year is a team option, will the spurs pick it up or just dump him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol draft busts

anyway this is a make or break season for him, since next year is a team option, will the spurs pick it up or just dump him?
    Kid is only 22, and not even hit his prime, and you want the Spurs to already get rid of him, that would be worse then getting rid of Scola. Please he has a way higher offensive ceiling then any of our younger guys, and plays his ass off on defensive end, and still shoots if he is struggling so far at the beginning of the year.

Sure Danny Green is playing great, and if this keeps up I will be a believer, but teams always need solid 3 point shooters, and JA has shown that he has been able to knock down NBA 3's so he will always have a spot in the league, and create offense, and possibly more when he continues to improve on his dribbiling, but JA will probably be a million times better player then Danny Green will ever be at the end of the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol declaring someone a draft bust when he hasn't even played a full NBA season. Anderson is basically still a rookie. He has potential. Things will click eventually. Unfortunately for Anderson, he has Green, Neal, and Leonard to compete minutes with so he can't fully show what he's got yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, this guys has a lot of upside, and it's probably him trying to do too much. He's playing a little out of control. I'd like to see a turn around on at what seems like a regression on the defensive end though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't hit open shots. Period. Need to hit those shots if you want to play more minutes then Neal and Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is inevitable. At some point this season, JA will start hitting the shots that he was bricking early in the season, and Green will go into a shooting slump.

Does that mean we should get rid of Green and keep JA? No, they are both pieces worth holding on to. We have seen what Green can bring to the table in the first few games of this season, and the same can be said for JA from last season.

The young guys on this Spurs team may very round out into a great group of contributors, one that can be augmented with the necessary heavy-lifter after our big 3 is no more and the books are freed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is inevitable. At some point this season, JA will start hitting the shots that he was bricking early in the season
    here's hoping..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid is only 22, and not even hit his prime, and you want the Spurs to already get rid of him, that would be worse then getting rid of Scola. Please he has a way higher offensive ceiling then any of our younger guys, and plays his ass off on defensive end, and still shoots if he is struggling so far at the beginning of the year.

Sure Danny Green is playing great, and if this keeps up I will be a believer, but teams always need solid 3 point shooters, and JA has shown that he has been able to knock down NBA 3's so he will always have a spot in the league, and create offense, and possibly more when he continues to improve on his dribbiling,but JA will probably be a million times better player then Danny Green will ever be at the end of the day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...i've seen him for the first time this year, and what scared me is that I found him not as athletic as I thought he was...and that could put, in any case, a limit on the kind of defense and offense he'll ever have the chance to play.
    Maybe this impression is gonna change with playing time.
    However, one point is that, also if it looks that he has a decent tecnique, his main weapon has always been considered his shooting...that till now doesn' fall.
    Comparing him to Green, I have to say that also if Green has played bad, has given an idea of more than decent athletic ability...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson has definitely underwhelmed this year, but thats not totally unexpected. Last season was a mess with his injury and then this bizarre offseason didn't help him either. In many respects hes still a rookie. At this point he could be a total bust or a solid NBA starter for all I know. We've seen flashes of both excellence and garbage. Give it time.

Now, out of curiosity, would Austin help Anderson at all? Obviously with Ginobili out for several months it's not realistic now. But with Anderson basically last on the depth chart for wings would it be more beneficial for him to spend time in Austin or SA (assuming Gino were healthy)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JA looked really good last season. I expect him to get it going again this season, but he's got LOTS of compe ion on the wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still butthurt that your boyfriend got traded

Lol thinking Hill is good after ting in the bed 2 years in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn tools in here thinkn we should pick up his option, lol draft bust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson has definitely underwhelmed this year, but thats not totally unexpected. Last season was a mess with his injury and then this bizarre offseason didn't help him either. In many respects hes still a rookie. At this point he could be a total bust or a solid NBA starter for all I know. We've seen flashes of both excellence and garbage. Give it time.

Now, out of curiosity, would Austin help Anderson at all? Obviously with Ginobili out for several months it's not realistic now. But with Anderson basically last on the depth chart for wings would it be more beneficial for him to spend time in Austin or SA (assuming Gino were healthy)?
    I think Austin would help him tons. He needs to get a rhythm going, shoot the ball whenever he can. We can't afford for him to do that here while he's missing. Go to Austin, get your shot rolling, call us back when you're hitting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn tools in here thinkn we should pick up his option, lol draft bust
    lol yeah Anderson looks like , but he's not a draft bust. He hasn't had a full season under his belt. He is coming off an injury which he probably hasn't fully recovered from yet. It's idiots like you who think he has to play like George Hill or Manu Ginobili.

You want to see a draft bust? Look at Kwame Brown or Shelden Williams, for example. If Anderson continues to play like this 2 years from now, then you can call him a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah Anderson looks like , but he's not a draft bust. He hasn't had a full season under his belt. He is coming off an injury which he probably hasn't fully recovered from yet. It's idiots like you who think he has to play like George Hill or Manu Ginobili.

You want to see a draft bust? Look at Kwame Brown or Shelden Williams, for example. If Anderson continues to play like this 2 years from now, then you can call him a bust.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I feel bad because he's shown flashes of what he could be but for whatever reasons he's laying egg after egg this season.

The Spurs should pick his option up because it's cheap enough to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    26 Mins. - 23 Points (FG 9-13, 3P 4-8, FT 1-1), 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steal, 1 Turnover

Yes it's only a preseason game but still a nice stats.

Last edited by NickiRasgo; 10-24-2013 at 02:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Anderson is finally breaking out of s and meeting his potential. Of course it is preseason, but I guess well find out soon what kind of player he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    26 Mins. - 23 Points (FG 9-13, 3P 4-8, FT 1-1), 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steal, 1 Turnover

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good for him, still wish his foot issue hadn't derailed his time with Los Spurs. Always had high hopes for him. Seemed like the professional hard working type that could have flourished in our system.

Best of luck to you, JA!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played REALLY WELL for us last season when Kawhi went down with his injury. He shot 44% from the field, and 46% from 3 land. I think if the Spurs had a crystal ball to see how bad the Jack situation was going to spiral out of control, they would have cut him and signed JA to back up Kawhi.

NBCSPORTS says he'll start for Philly. Good for you James.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kiddin me? Are you ing kiddin me?

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine James Anderson if he didn't get those injuries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    injuries and gary neal. no more neal to worry about for james...

Thread Information