San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born: Mar 25, 1989
    Height: 6-6 / 1.98
    Weight: 215 lbs. / 97.5 kg.
    College: Oklahoma State
    Years Pro: R

Info
    Last edited by Bruno; 08-25-2012 at 03:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shame the early season injury derailed him. He was off to a solid start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen It looks like he has trouble with his weight. He had gained a allot of it in a pretty short time while injured, Hopefully he can find a program during the off-season that will help him keep that excess weight off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was playing well before he got injured.

Hopefully he has a full healthy year next season.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Very big summer for him. I hope he can lose the weight and get back to where he was before the injury. He fit in with the team and understood what was needed of him. It would help if he could step up and the Spurs could focus on other positions to solidify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Important summer for him. He could grab a starting wing position.
    +1, Definitely should be compe ion with JA, Danny Green, and Butler (if healthy)

RJ shouldn't even be in the picture, especially when the coach is forced to not play you at all in the 2nd half on a elimination playoff game.

Also props to Green for coming in late in the game and hitting a 3, something RJ could probably never do coming right off the bench cold like that.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Important summer for him. He could grab a starting wing position.
    Yeah, I'm hoping like there is a summer league and a training camp. I doubt there will be either though.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm hoping like there is a summer league and a training camp. I doubt there will be either though.
    They've already canceled the LV summer league. Even if there is a work stoppage, there will be a training camp of some kind. It won't last a month, though. More like 10-14 days.

I'd love to see SA deal Hill and just transition his minutes to JA. He's a bigger player, better defender, and better shooter.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen It looks like he has trouble with his weight. He had gained a allot of it in a pretty short time while injured, Hopefully he can find a program during the off-season that will help him keep that excess weight off.
    He didn't look that bad at all. You every had a stress fracture in your foot? I have, pain stuck around for quite awhile. Couldn't do any cardio that involved feet, which is everything unless I turned ing into a sport. Despite my healthy dieting, weight was gained.

He was starting to look very healthy at the end of the season. Just wasn't going to get minutes do to all the time he missed and the other guards we had in the roster around him.

This summer will be good for him especially coming into training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for this guy to take the starting small forward spot eventually. He looked really good before he got hurt. Hopefully he can reach that level again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to work extremely hard this summer and get back into true game shape. Otherwise, he'll be deep on the Spurs bench or possibly even traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a two or three? Or a two that play the three but is really a 2? Or a three that can play the two but is really a three?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a two or three? Or a two that play the three but is really a 2? Or a three that can play the two but is really a three?
    a 2 that can play the 3.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be intrigued to try developing him as a starter at the 2, and put Manu at 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs are fortunate enough to have a better SF option fall into their laps on draft day (Tyler Honeycutt, Chris Singleton), Anderson should be in position to win next year's starting job. RJ should traded, at best, or banned to the bench, at worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs to be our starting 2 next year. Guy is buckets!
    Needs to play like a starting NBA 2 first..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how much better the Spurs would be with Anderson at the 2-spot, and say Chris Singleton at the 3-spot. With those two new additions on the wings, and Splitter next to Duncan, that would represent a significant talent upgrade.

I know I'm dreaming, but that's what one does in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a lot of other people are saying, he's going to have to push himself like over the Summer. He missed a lot of games this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Work hard, learn, get the position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Mannix from SI is answering questions on Twitter; he responded to mine:

RT @ace3g Any Spurs related news? Draft, Free Agency, etc? ... They love James Anderson. Telling you, that kid can play.

Not much, but shows their faith in JA and his future with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Mannix from SI is answering questions on Twitter; he responded to mine:

RT @ace3g Any Spurs related news? Draft, Free Agency, etc? ... They love James Anderson. Telling you, that kid can play.

Not much, but shows their faith in JA and his future with the team.
    Nice to hear.

I remember Pop saying that he wasn't worried about JA coming back in the rotation after his foot injury. Even if it didn't happen and JA hasn't managed to come back, it showed that Pop liked him. It's understandable when you remember how good he was before his injury, he even looked better than Neal.

Let's just hope he will be able to fully recover from his foot injury.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope he spends more minutes at SG this season. It's a much more natural fit for him on both sides of the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs FO/coaches are definitely pretty high on JA - one coach compared him to a young Paul Pierce - if he continues to work hard he will be the real "steal" for the Spurs in terms of recent drafts - outside of a trade that moves either (TP, Hill, or RJ) JA will get most of his minutes at SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James just needs to work on his defense and ball handling. He's got a load of potential, last year whenever he finally got healthy he showed that he was a pretty good defender. There were about 5-7 times last year where he'd get picked off on a screen and somehow he'd recover to block his man's shot right when they'd release it (they wouldn't take their time to shoot it either), that's a very athletic move. I remember he used to do it in college a lot as well, I can't really think of another player in the NBA that did it as consistently as he did.

Thread Information