Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If it turns out to be true, Parker has to go (I can't believe I just wrote this).
    I know basketball is a business but if this turns out to be true, does Pop have the balls to do this? Tony must be like a son to Pop.

kick rocks
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't have much else on Parker/Longoria affair. Source did mention Barry and wife are going through a divorce.
    6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    wow, never knew of this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    a lot of great men have happened to cheat:
    Ghandi
    Bob Marley
    Bill Clinton

etc, etc, etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Is jon Barry calling tonights game? Lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The one thing I have learned when it comes to divorces is that the person talking the loudest often has even more to hide than the one who is staying quiet.

I will withhold any conclusion-drawing because we are just hearing from one side- a side that denied just yesterday that they were getting divorced.

I do at least respect Parker for keeping it private so far.
    That could also be because he was caught and is embarrassed about it as it seems it wasn't suttle. He didn't come up to Eva and confess what happened, at least thats what the reports seem to indicate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Parker is still a great basketball player. I lost respect for him as a person but not as a basketball player. People cheat all the time.. it happens. Sure he's an asshole for what he did.. but like i said.. he's still a great basketball player.
    Why? Because his marriage to a Hollywood starlet didn't work out?!
    Because that's the only thing that's been confirmed so far. You guys are goofy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I see it like the Kobe thing. We'll be pissed about it for a while (and some may hold grudges) but we will returning to liking him as a person later down the road.

At this point, we can dislike him as a person and see what happens if all these tabloidy rumors are indeed correct. But 5 years from now...no.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Wow, if the Barrys are actually in the middle of a divorce, then I'd lean toward it being true that it was her. That's sad for their family.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL it is Erin Barry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No where near as bad as a current players wife
    That was my first reaction too. But in view of Brent's and Erin's local popularity it is only slightly better.

Don't get me wrong I'm not getting all moral like some other people in here. Adultery is an unfortunate fact of life. But there are certain things that are just too big to simply try to ignore.

IF it is true, I'm not going to judge what he did (not my place), but I do think he needs to be away from the team.

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BINGO. he is a basketball player. as long as he does his job he does not need to respond to anyone.
    I think you're wrong. The Spurs are not just any team - I get the impression that Coach Pop is a straight arrow, follow the rules kind of guy; and having the influence of David Robinson and AJ - two devout christians - on this team for so many years I think makes a difference. If these rumors are true - I predict this will not bode well for Tony and will negatively impact the chemistry of this team.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's nothing that a 4 million dollar ring can't fix... right kobe?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I read on another website that the "teammate's wife" in question was also getting divorced, but it was speculative. I believe it said "most likely" . . .
    Don't have much else on Parker/Longoria affair. Source did mention Barry and wife are going through a divorce.
    6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    Uh oh . . .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I see it like the Kobe thing. We'll be pissed about it for a while (and some may hold grudges) but we will returning to liking him as a person later down the road.

At this point, we can dislike him as a person and see what happens if all these tabloidy rumors are indeed correct. But 5 years from now...no.
    I agree. But unfortunately this will hurt Spurs in the short term.

I see us losing 3 or 4 out of the next 5 games

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Once again, if he cheated with a current player's wife, or with Erin Barry...

... how does it affect team chemistry. How do Duncan, Manu, Pop, etc, respond? Is it bad enough that he might need to be traded?
    He was a former teamate of a few players that are still on this team. They might be angered over it as Brent might be afriend to them. I'm sure those guys will lose alot of respect on him if it's true.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    a lot of great men have happened to cheat:
    Ghandi
    Bob Marley
    Bill Clinton

etc, etc, etc
    Bob Marley in the same sentence as Ghandi?
    I can maybe see Bill Clinton.

All that aside, so what? Men who do 'things' that we commend also do things that we loath. Do we applaud them only for what we approve and take nothing from their failure?

Only God Can Judge Me Quiet Strength's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Why? Because his marriage to a Hollywood starlet didn't work out?!
    Because that's the only thing that's been confirmed so far. You guys are goofy.
    Because I choose to. If i want to believe what I read that's my choice to make. I'm reading that he cheated on her and I hate like that. Good for you for thinking I'm goofy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Banging some french model is one thing - but a teammate's wife? It doesn't matter whether it's a current or former teammate. If this was another NBA team, this would be easily brushed aside. However, this is the Spurs. The organization that routinely flies "under the radar". The Spurs have built their culture and organization around family values. If TP did do this, this would somewhat akin to bedding your brother's wife. And would've screwed up not only his family, but that of a teammate - where kids are affected.

If this is true, the ramifications could be great. TP will be looked upon quite differently by his friends, fans and more importantly - his immediate family - his teammates. How's that going to look?

After that, I wonder WHEN the pressure will start getting to him. We've already seen the end results that this type of scandal had on the great Tiger Woods, who some have compared to Michael Jordan, in terms of his mental toughness.

If this is true, and I hope it's not, there's just no telling what affect this will have on his performance. This could be real, real bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is the biggest scandal to hit the Spurs since the questionable picture of Richard Jefferson and his male companions!

Spurs are turning into LA.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Name
    Don't quote me
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    It's Steve Nash's wife.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think if it's with one of one the main Spurs players (any starter or important role player), past or present, it's going to have some effect. If it's a former player...I'm not so sure it will effect the locker room too much. I know that a guy like Manu has standards that he lives by and will definitely form his own opinion over something like this, for example. But if it's with a former player's wife, I don't see Manu (for example, because he's more outspoken than Tim and no other core players have been here long enough to be truly pissed at something like this) creating drama over this, simply because we all know how much this dude wants to win another championship...just like most players on the team. I think he'd be the type of guy to factor this in to any potential decision.

If it's with a current player's wife, then I have no idea how this plays out. It's also pure speculation at this point, no one really knows right now.

I just can't believe it at this point, what a in clown.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    If TP drops 17 a game and Spurs are winning, nobody will give a about it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I agree. But unfortunately this will hurt Spurs in the short term.

I see us losing 3 or 4 out of the next 5 games
    At least it didn't happen in March. Or even worse : Road Road Trip. The timing could be worse. We're how many games into the season? 8/9?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Parker is still a great basketball player. I lost respect for him as a person but not as a basketball player. People cheat all the time.. it happens. Sure he's an asshole for what he did.. but like i said.. he's still a great basketball player.

He didn't just cheat man, he cheated on another man's wife. Thats very, very low if you have any sense of morals

Thread Information