• Images

Eva Longoria & Tony Parker

Reported by: Don Harris
    Email: [email protected]

Print Story
    Published: 12:49 pm

ShareThis
    Updated: 1:50 pm

SAN ANTONIO - Can you say awkward? Not since Madonna and Dennis Rodman sabotaged the playoffs in the mid 90's has there been such a distraction for Spurs fans. The Lakers are TMZ, not the Spurs.
    Tony and Eva Longoria's very public divorce will be fodder for the tabloids for a while. It was painful to see the Spurs have to address the subject Wednesday night because, well, the Spurs don't do paparazzi well. These are the Spurs. Tim Duncan would rather have a root canal than see TV cameras. Coach Pop's organization is certainly the most buttoned up in the league. They cringe when a sprained ankle is reported inaccurately; much less something like this.
    Divorce happens. Steve Nash is going through one, but you didn't hear about that because People Magazine and TMZ don't do stories on point guards. They do stories on Desperate Housewives. That's why this is big news.
    So in a week or a month this will all die down and the Spurs will go back to being dull and boring; Mayberry instead of Hollywood. That's just the way they like it.
    That's my point. Let's hear yours in the comments section below…

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know what that story says, but what I do know is Don Harris is a moron.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Im pretty sure TP's texts went something like this:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Tony Parker becomes a Desperate Houseband lol

Okay that was bad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If there is hope, and they get back together. It's just going to be "Tony and Eva aparently ARE Divorcing" Part 2 Nov 17 2013

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels

LMAO........WTF is this!?!?!?! Is that Udoka and Finley singing with Tony?!!?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    no offense, but it's naive to think that brent barry wasnt out banging smuts too.

When dealing with this level of celebrity it's pretty safe to say everyone is banging everyone.

So i dont think there's a victim here
    Even if you were right, you don't believe Children can be victims?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully, this crap won't become a distraction.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even if you were right, you don't believe Children can be victims?
    of life? i guess so...

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Charting a storybook romance and unhappy ending
    By Frazier Moore

It’s a desperate situation, spurring lots of chatter and media coverage.

The fine romance seems over between “Desperate Housewives” star Eva Longoria Parker and her husband, Tony Parker, All-Star point guard for the San Antonio Spurs.

With the end apparently in sight for these fallen lovebirds, this is a fitting time to go back—way back, six long years—for a stroll down the red carpet known as memory lane.

November 2004: Longoria and Parker meet after a Spurs game.

Jan. 24, 2005: The Portland Trail Blazers snap a losing streak with a surprising win over the NBA-leading Spurs, but Parker makes 20 points with seven assists, and Longoria, “who is rumored to be dating Parker,” is courtside, The Associated Press reports.

June 25, 2005: Spurs fans fill the banks of the San Antonio River to cheer the team for bringing home its third NBA le—and erupt at the sight of Parker and Longoria sharing a barge along the Riverwalk.

Dec. 24, 2005: A San Antonio police officer accuses Longoria and Parker of yelling profanities and insulting him after he asked them to move their car. The couple deny the allegations. Parker is cited for impeding traffic and failing to produce a valid Texas driver’s license.

March 2006: Longoria tells Allure magazine that, while Parker is “very sweet,” it is she who is “the experienced one. I’m the teacher, especially about love.” Days later, she hits the entertainment-news shows to correct the record: “When the lights are out, he’s the teacher,” she tells “Extra” and “Access Hollywood.”

September 2006: The couple briefly split.

Nov. 29, 2006: The couple is engaged. “Tony flew into Los Angeles last night after his game and surprised Eva at her home as she got off work,” Longoria’s publicist announces the next day.

Spring 2007: Tony Parker releases a rap album. A French rap album.

July 6, 2007: Longoria and Parker are wed at a civil ceremony in Paris, with the city’s mayor officiating. Guests number about 40. (French law only recognizes civil marriage.)

July 7, 2007: The couple exchange vows again in a lavish Roman Catholic ceremony at Paris’ Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois Church, frequented by French royalty in centuries past. Hundreds of fans gather outside, but their view of the glitterati in attendance is blocked by 10-foot-high wooden panels erected in front of the church.

September 2007: Parker and Longoria are among the chosen few named People magazine’s best-dressed couples.

December 2007: Parker denies the published claims by a French model that she had an affair with him. He says he has never even met her. He sues the celebrity gossip website, which a few months later publicly apologizes, declaring it had been misled by the model.

Jan. 14, 2008: Longoria denies she’s pregnant. “I’ve just gained weight from being on strike,” she tells E! Entertainment, referring to the Hollywood writers strike.

May 27, 2008: Longoria works at the Wendy’s drive-thru in her hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas, to kick off a “Wendy’s Wonderful Kids” charity event.

February 2009: In a Glamour magazine cover story, Longoria says, “Tony and I would love to be together forever. But the only way you get to forever is one day at a time.”

March 26, 2009: Longoria tells Fox News that Parker is over her sex symbol status, after she makes it to Maxim’s “Hot 100” celebs and E!’s “Steamiest Southern Stars.” She says at a TV Guide party to celebrate the “Sexiest Stars 2009” issue: “He is so over it, he doesn’t really care. He thinks I’m sexiest when I wake up in the morning and you got to marry the man who … doesn’t like the makeup and the gowns.”

June 2009: A security employee is accused of stealing an autographed Michael Jordan jersey from Parker’s Texas home. The Chicago Bulls jersey, valued at $20,000, had been listed for sale on Craigslist, but is recovered.

October 2009: The couple shoots a London Fog ad together, photographed in romantic, sexy embraces.

Aug. 29, 2010: On the red carpet at the Emmys, Parker kisses Longoria not on the lips but on the forehead. Foreshadowing trouble?

Sept. 19, 2010: Longoria and Parker stroll hand and hand in Paris.

Oct. 15, 2010: They cuddle on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and describe their dreamy trip to Croatia, where they spent their third anniversary. Parker had surprised her with his appearance on the show, but Longoria insists, “He can’t get anything by me.”

Nov. 17, 2010: Longoria files court papers to divorce Parker, citing irreconcilable differences.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...parker-history

No Regard for Human Life AlleyOopNazi's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    lol nba championships and finals mvp aside

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Morons all you have to do is sort by # of replies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    possibly. is that as forgone a conclusion as it seems? It sucks to have your parents divorce, but sometimes you realize it's going to make them happy and that's for the best.
    They are the victims of Eva's publicity machine. Brent and Erin were quietly getting divorced, having kept it out of any media for 3 weeks. Now, the kids will hear all about it publicly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is kinda sad.

Edit: But then again, both are rich as ; so I don't really give a .

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Spring 2007: Tony Parker releases a rap album. A French rap album.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've read through the first 13 pages yesterday... too lazy to read through it all now... has anyone linked/discussed the sportsbybrooks post discussing a blind-item hollywood reporter over the last year or two supposedly discussing eva and tony, them both sleeping with as many guys as possible whenever possible (yes, saying tony=gay)... not saying i agree, just didn't know if it'd been discussed.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/awful-...or-is-it-29254
    (long read)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Interesting that the first rumors had Tony filing divorce here in Texas where there is no alimony, now Eva files in California where she will likely get paid for the rest of her life.

I hope the Judge realizes that Tony only has a small window in his money making career and Eva has a whole life in hers, her potential for making money is so much greater than Tony's is. He probably should be getting Alimony from her.

Eva is a , we tried to warn Tony but he didn't listen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    June 1999 -- Spurs win le.

June 2003 -- Spurs win le.

June 2005 -- Spurs win le.

June 2007 -- Spurs win le.

July 6, 2007 -- Longoria and Parker are wed at a civil ceremony in Paris, with the city’s mayor officiating. Guests number about 40. (French law only recognizes civil marriage.)

June 2008 -- Spurs don't win le.

June 2009 -- Spurs don't win le.

June 2010 -- Spurs don't win le.

Nov. 17, 2010: Longoria files court papers to divorce Parker, citing irreconcilable differences.

Has a curse been lifted?

Was Eva like Hedo Turkuglo (2004) or Terry Porter (2000-02) -- an interloper beween championship seasons whose leaving led to more les?

Was Eva really . . .

Last edited by Russ; 11-18-2010 at 09:11 PM.

THE SPURS' GODFATHER san antonio spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has a curse been lifted?

Was the Eva like Hedo Turkuglo (2004) or Terry Porter (2000-02) -- an interloper beween championship seasons whose leaving led to more les?

Was Eva really . . .

As much as I love him, the curse has to be McDyess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As much as I love him, the curse has to be McDyess.
    Hmmmm . . . McDyess did end the Pistons' one year run.

But I think McDyess will help the Spurs get it done this year.

There is no way McDyess could "rocket" to the top of my curse list.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.people.com/people/article...00.html?hpt=T2

Tony Parker Speaks Out About Divorce from Eva Longoria

"Eva and I have been discussing our situation privately," he says in a statement issued by his rep. "I was aware that she would be filing for divorce in Los Angeles."

"I did not file for divorce in Texas and did not hire divorce attorneys in either Texas or California," he says. "We plan to continue to keep our discussions of this matter private."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eva is already banging Steve Nash per deadspin.
    Tony will be able to look at them and say, "How nice, there's two people I've bent over".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    reconcile differences? its all about the money at the end of the day..

TP should go kidd on this...

lol filing divorce not in state of residence or domicile is the biggest loophole...

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Thread Information