San Antonio Spurs
    Correction...still in play.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    92L is going to merge with Harvey and become a non-factor. Or, it could get absorbed into the trough and become a weak tropical storm, but it's a non-issue.

Watch that big wave that just came off Africa, could become 93L and our next major tropical system to worry about.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally an interesting hurricane season. This was supposed to happen every year after Katrina.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    92L is going to merge with Harvey and become a non-factor. Or, it could get absorbed into the trough and become a weak tropical storm, but it's a non-issue.

Watch that big wave that just came off Africa, could become 93L and our next major tropical system to worry about.
    Well duh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

92L's dropped 2.93" over Ave Maria in the last 72 hours (as of 830am this morning). To me anyway, the satellite presentation is showing signs of organization---even though the atmosphere over sw FL has been 'worked over' pretty well. Ensemble guidance depiction of this disturbance--- for a track into the far southeastern Gulf and then an exit northeastward into the Atlantic Basin --- appears to have been a decent solution. At this point in time---no reason to dismiss a solution that takes a track across the Gulf Stream and north-northeastward along the US East Coast. PS---problem I always dealt with in the medium range forecast process (when at WPC)---was where a "perfect prog timing" of a tropical's intensification could be taken verbatim vs. 'thrown out'. Especially beyond the day 4-5 time frame. The way 'Harvey' morphed is a good example of that forecast process and I would think that 92L's got a few surprises left too. Nice to see many others (like SteveVa and others in this entire discussion stream) being 'vigilant' and observant with these disturbance.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    92L's dropped 2.93" over Ave Maria in the last 72 hours (as of 830am this morning). To me anyway, the satellite presentation is showing signs of organization---even though the atmosphere over sw FL has been 'worked over' pretty well. Ensemble guidance depiction of this disturbance--- for a track into the far southeastern Gulf and then an exit northeastward into the Atlantic Basin --- appears to have been a decent solution. At this point in time---no reason to dismiss a solution that takes a track across the Gulf Stream and north-northeastward along the US East Coast. PS---problem I always dealt with in the medium range forecast process (when at WPC)---was where a "perfect prog timing" of a tropical's intensification could be taken verbatim vs. 'thrown out'. Especially beyond the day 4-5 time frame. The way 'Harvey' morphed is a good example of that forecast process and I would think that 92L's got a few surprises left too. Nice to see many others (like SteveVa and others in this entire discussion stream) being 'vigilant' and observant with these disturbance.
    92L is going to go NE back over florida and develop into a tropical storm, maybe minimal hurricane before being absorbed back into the front.

Thread Information